Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:54 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???

Need some advise I was looking into maybe getting my stock intake manifold and throttle body ported to finish up all my supporting mods and try to take further advantage of my 6262 setup..How much whp will I gain ?And will my turbo spool faster and make more top end power??In the end I'm just trying to see if I should maybe wait and save my money and just do the magnus v5 or the ams manifold cause it's a bit of a ***** to change..
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:00 PM

i gained 20 peak HP from a ported manifold it cost me 60 dollars to do....a magnus will gain more of course but if you want to do it cheaper i would just port the stocker
here is my graph

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:04 PM
Account Disabled

Did you also do the throttle body??And who ported it?Once I saw the graph I knew arron turned it ..
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:09 PM

i did all the porting with some advise from the ER techs and i only did the intake
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Brandon03Evo
i did all the porting with some advise from the ER techs and i only did the intake

That's some nice gains I can only imagine if you did the throttle body too..Im curious to see if I pick up the same power with my setup and maybe more adding the body to the mix..If I PICK UP 25 WHP OR MORE from the two I will be happy.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it depends if ur looking to get every single HP gain u want then i would!!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:41 PM

i would think you would pick up some nice gains with the intake and throttle body.....i might try a ported throttle body later when i go to bigger injectors and give the car more boost
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:18 PM
Account Disabled

My stupid throttle body shaft seal is leaking real bad My friend keeps telling me that I'm losing power from it but I don't think it's much but I did notice my throttle response is not as good as it use to..I wonder How much power you can gain from fixing those seals.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How far was the intake ported? Wondering if it's worth it as well on a stock turbo setup...for 20hp seems like it would be...anyone else want to share their results?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a buschur 65mm throttle body from buschur and a ported intake manifold before i installed the IM, a guy that is awsome with porting jobs ported the runners a little more than buschur racing does it and i picked up 27 whp same boost same gas same timing
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
My stupid throttle body shaft seal is leaking real bad My friend keeps telling me that I'm losing power from it but I don't think it's much but I did notice my throttle response is not as good as it use to..I wonder How much power you can gain from fixing those seals.
Regardless how small it is it's still loss of power just fix it already lol
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:17 PM

i did alot of porting on mine not just the runners i also ported alot in the plentum... this was also my first attempt at porting so i am sure someone that has done more port work could get more out of it
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
as my milspec T/B was leaking well i should say sharkbites old t/b i ordered some new milspec seals 18.12 shipped i mean loosing 3-5psi is pretty major my dude lol. ordered the seals to fix the leak easy mod you can do. I would say port both hands down great gains to be made from those two peaces and if your already in the process of modding back there then its only makes sense but again if your not trying to gain every horsepower possible i can see you not spending 550 dollars on both these mods
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:18 AM
Account Disabled

If I do it Im going with the ppi extreme porting and their ported throttle body..I seen some buschur ported manifolds and they didn't look ported to well just cleaned up..What do you guys think who had the best porting in the game??

Last edited by 4doorstreetbike; Aug 30, 2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I do it Im going with the ppi extreme porting and their ported throttle body..I seen some buschur ported manifolds and they didn't look ported to well just cleaned up..What do you guys think who had the best porting in the game??
lets not go there with who has the best porting as thats a loaded question. Does not matter I have a ppi Extreme ported intake manifold that I coated for effect here is a pic

Name:  DSC_2084.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  88.4 KB
Name:  poartedcoatedintakemaniy.jpg
Size:  79.5 KB
Name:  poartedcoatedintakemani2.jpg
Size:  79.5 KB

Quick Reply: Is IT WORTH PORTING THE STOCK MANIFOLD AND THROTTLE BODY???