Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP White feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimbolution
so just to have an idea, a used FP Red in good shape will be how much just to compare with a new one ?

im sure there's some people changing FP Red for Black next year so is it a good business to buy used... surely it depend on how he was treated

yessss you heard well, FU** FP White and like we said : Oh boy, it's swell to say: "Good Morning FP Red'' (a kind of tribute to USA haha)

i picked my used 80mm fp red with 6k miles with obx manifold and all oil lines for 1400 picked up
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:43 PM

that's nice, sure we have to be sure the turbo is fine when he's already used and ask about if it's the 64 or 84 mm surge port, 18 psi or 25 wastegate and if it's port.

for my use, the 84mm, 18 psi and porting seem to be perfect for me.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I am thinking about testing the White on my car.

Its the Evo version of the 68HTA like we use in the Little Auto (DSM) and is available for the Sube guys (same wheel as the DSM). In that vein it was worth around 6mph on the little auto which is a ton. We made 408whp at 25psi through an auto (2.3 car) which Kevin informs me suffers from around 12% additional loss because of the converter and planetary drag over a manual.

That maths to 457whp as a manual. An Evo9 needs around 10psi more boost and some crazy Aaron tricks to make that power. An Evo3 needs a 41psi spike to make that happen, keeping it DSM to DSM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so just to have an idea, a used FP Red in good shape will be how much just to compare with a new one ?

im sure there's some people changing FP Red for Black next year so is it a good business to buy used... surely it depend on how he was treated

yessss you heard well, FU** FP White and like we said : Oh boy, it's swell to say: "Good Morning FP Red'' (a kind of tribute to USA haha)
Personally i would never by a used turbo because you dont know how it was ran BUT what you could do is buy one used then send it to fp off top and have them fully inspect and rebuilt it and just pay the rebuild fee that way you know its good. nothing work then to buy one with shaftplay or damaged bearings again you never truely know the condition unless you know the guy. Yea deals are all around when you get 1500 come holla at me I can find one i find them all the time trust when i say this I have only paid retail on one part on my build and that was the custom AMS headgasket and oil line boss
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Used turbos arent bad just because they are used. Its pretty easy to check thrust on the bearings but you obviously have to be there to see it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Personally i would never by a used turbo because you dont know how it was ran BUT what you could do is buy one used then send it to fp off top and have them fully inspect and rebuilt it and just pay the rebuild fee that way you know its good. nothing work then to buy one with shaftplay or damaged bearings again you never truely know the condition unless you know the guy. Yea deals are all around when you get 1500 come holla at me I can find one i find them all the time trust when i say this I have only paid retail on one part on my build and that was the custom AMS headgasket and oil line boss
so you are a kind of dealer/restore ? so i will check with you in future about a FP red used but check with the oil line and all the stuff if you seem a good guy that want to help people to dont throw money in toilet like you said earlier
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

so you are a kind of dealer/restore ? so i will check with you in future about a FP red used but check with the oil line and all the stuff if you seem a good guy that want to help people to dont throw money in toilet like you said earlier
I do alot of things boss I am not a vendor so lets get that straight im just a guy that can make things happen pending the product have my hands in alot of businesses so i can help if help is needed.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Show me a green for 4-600 and i will buy it.
BAM here is one for 750 and he can be talked down

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...reen-sale.html

Get to dealing
Old Sep 3, 2010, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

I saw a craigslist Portland ad that had a Green for 500 the other day I think.

Aaron