Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP White feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP White feedback

Hi there,

I almost found my next setup for my EVO 8. One things remains : turbo choice.

Most of people said : put the FP Green or Red but my transmission and drivetrain are not ready to this step.

So the two choice i've have is : FP White or EVO 9 turbo. Im asking myself about feedback to the White because i didn't heard of this one a lot. Most of you will said : Tssss why white put the Red buddy or the white is a waste of money.

My car is a daily drive car but i do some drag too. The others parts of my setup are :

- Kelford 272/272 camshafts with GSC spring Kit
- ARP 2G/EVO Head Studs
- Injector Dynamics 1000cc High Impedance Injector Set with adapters
- AMS EVO Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit
- Tune and fun...

so base on these parts and my objective of keeping daily drive car, what are the + and - of each turbo for those who have already got one.

thanks

Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
posted same thing in other thread:

The White is not the turbo to use for drag setups. It is primarily for auto-x when you need spool and torque on command. The white will run out of air to flow up top quickly, thus making it a really crappy turbo to drag with. If those are your intentions, to drag, then just port the IX stock one until you can build your car up and go with a higher flowing turbine.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by buchnerj
posted same thing in other thread:

The White is not the turbo to use for drag setups. It is primarily for auto-x when you need spool and torque on command. The white will run out of air to flow up top quickly, thus making it a really crappy turbo to drag with. If those are your intentions, to drag, then just port the IX stock one until you can build your car up and go with a higher flowing turbine.
10000000% agree with this put a hta green or fp red on your car and quit playing games and finding ways to throw money in the toilet
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

why is your trans not able to hold a fp green or red? The stock trans can actually hold quite a lot of power if you treat it correctly.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by HighwayStarX
why is your trans not able to hold a fp green or red? The stock trans can actually hold quite a lot of power if you treat it correctly.
yeah that's sure. but you said : if you treat correctly this factor depend on kind of day you have and the lag is quite present with these cams and turbo so that's why im ambiguous to choice him.

the FP Red is quite interesting but i have to assume the fact that with this kind of turbo, i will surely broke something eventualy. But in the beautiful world of tuned car, like my friends said : if you don't want to broke your car, just sit down in you couch and watch them on TV.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you buy parts to think about what if i damage them thats not a smart approach and if thats your reasoning you need to sell your evo and get you a nice sedean family car or a weak truck
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HighwayStarX
The transmission will be fine, so will the drivetrain if you have any idea how to launch the car and drag it properly. I am talking about the turbo just for drag use, not compared to how it will fare with his mod list. That turbine will only flow slightly more air than a stock IX turbo, for drag use you want a turbo that can flow a ton of air at high RPMs and be efficient while doing it. For drag use you need to find a different turbo than the white. It was not designed for drag use.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go with the HTA Green or the Red. Dont waste your time, might as well go with a turbo that you have seen perform well. I personally havent seen that much facts about the white. If you went with the white, u would get sick of it and want to upgrade. About the trans, my trans was still running strong running 10.80s all day on the stock Evo IX 5 speed trans with the 80mm Fp Red! Good luck with ur decision, but the car will def handle the green or Red.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

at the very least get an hta green, youd be throwing money down the drain if you even concidered a white
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
you buy parts to think about what if i damage them thats not a smart approach and if thats your reasoning you need to sell your evo and get you a nice sedean family car or a weak truck
wow nice approach. i like your style. i just asking for help and opinions but it doesn't mean to bother me with this kind of approach.

i just want to put mods with a safe tune, not to put the biggest turbo and blow all... big turbo is not alway the appropriate way
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Don't mean to thread jack... but what about non-Drag use... just for some DD douchery on a budget (aka no intention of going 2.4 or big build anytime soon)...

I mean personally... if it ain't broke don't fix it, meaning I wouldn't necessarily buy a white for the hell of it, but if my '03 style VIII turbo went, it was something i was contemplating... rbear in mind though, much like the OP, my evo is primarily a DD... I am rockin just low 300hp/tq with quick spool and I love it... for the buck, other than the white or stock IX turbo, what spools up as quick?

...one last thing, I am still rocking the stock clutch... I would say something cocky here about my ability to well enough to preserve a stock clutch with 60K+ miles on it... but I am on borrowed time

Last edited by JScocchio; Sep 2, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jimbolution
wow nice approach. i like your style. i just asking for help and opinions but it doesn't mean to bother me with this kind of approach.

i just want to put mods with a safe tune, not to put the biggest turbo and blow all... big turbo is not alway the appropriate way
hes telling the truth, and an fp green is not a "big" turbo.... this is big
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:43 PM

for the white, i think a few people convince me so i think, it's over and not a lot of person has it so it's fine. Green and red, the two are effective for 500hp setup and not much different price so why take the green in that case... the red is better lol i think there's like 200 rpm difference to have full boost. 3800 for green and 4000 Red if im correct.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JScocchio
Don't mean to thread jack... but what about non-Drag use... just for some DD douchery on a budget (aka no intention of going 2.4 or big build anytime soon)...

I mean personally... if it ain't broke don't fix it, meaning I wouldn't necessarily buy a white for the hell of it, but if my '03 style VIII turbo went, it was something i was contemplating... rbear in mind though, much like the OP, my evo is primarily a DD... I am rockin just low 300hp/tq with quick spool and I love it... for the buck, other than the white or stock IX turbo, what spools up as quick?

...one last thing, I am still rocking the stock clutch... I would say something cocky here about my ability to well enough to preserve a stock clutch with 60K+ miles on it... but I am on borrowed time
HKS GTII 7460r
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If I white were handed to me for Free I would send it to FP for a rebuild into a Red or Black.

Quick Reply: FP White feedback