Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

P0011 Code HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0011 Code HELP!!!!

No matter what I do I cant get rid of this P0011 code, its a advanced mivec gear timing. I have tried moving the cam forward and backwards on installs and stilll popping the code. I know there are other threads on this that are over 2 yrs old but I could never find a answer. So I thought I would start another thread hoping someone had this problem recently. I have some problems and had to replace some valves and I also installed new GSC S2 cams in my 9, and after install go this code. Now I did GSC S1 cams a yr ago and never had this problem. I had a tune date with Buschur before the valves got wiped out and now its been a month and I need to get this thing tuned! Can anyone HELP me!!!!

Thanks Matt
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

You can pull the sensor off and check to see if its broken, its only 1 10mm bolt. You can also also unbolt the the triangular end cap to see if there is any debris interfering with the sensor.

Worst case is that when you had your cam replaced the end cap was rotated 180 degrees. Meaning you have to take it off again and rotate back. Also make sure everything is at TDC including your crank.....
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Crank it at TDC, And I already tried flipping it 180 out, and everything is super clean, head was hot tanked and I cleaned everything else that was on the head. It says in Alldata that the oil passages might be clouged but its not, its been apart over 3 times to make sure.

Last edited by NewEvolutionIX; Sep 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

check the pin in the camshaft end ... and make sure the mivec gear is rotated towards the rear of the car when you install the timing belt pull all the slack to the rear of the car and line up everything ...also make sure the gear moves freely when you put it on the camshaft
Old Sep 12, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

This time I locked in the pin to hold the cam gear in place to get the timing to what is right. Bc that is the gear rotated toward the back but its just locked with the pin. Should I uninstall it again and unlock the pin and install it that way.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NewEvolutionIX
This time I locked in the pin to hold the cam gear in place to get the timing to what is right. Bc that is the gear rotated toward the back but its just locked with the pin. Should I uninstall it again and unlock the pin and install it that way.
i always had someone hold the intake camshaft and just turned the mivec gear towards the rear of the car with my hand and then lined all the timing marks up
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA
You can pull the sensor off and check to see if its broken, its only 1 10mm bolt. You can also also unbolt the the triangular end cap to see if there is any debris interfering with the sensor.

Worst case is that when you had your cam replaced the end cap was rotated 180 degrees. Meaning you have to take it off again and rotate back. Also make sure everything is at TDC including your crank.....

I have done all of that minutes the checking the sensor. I really don't know what to d. I have moved the cam gear toward the front and rear and I'm still popping the code. I had the pin linked when installed,i mean why an I meeting this code unless it really is the sensor, but that seems unlikely to me.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

did you install the cam pick up rings right?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skold
did you install the cam pick up rings right?

As fare as I know, with the ring facing the out side of the cam. I took it apart and reinstalled the same way

Last edited by NewEvolutionIX; Sep 13, 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Bump, I still cant get this f-ing thing fixed. Anyone?!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Man, were you able to get this fixed?
I have had this code for over 2 years.. car runs fine.. but now that I have to pass emissions I am going crazy
I bought new belts and replaced them all, timing is spot on..
I removed the GSC s1 intake cam and installed the stock one.. I am using a different mivec gear as well..
the only thing I got left is to replace the intake cam position sensor.. I already have that on the way.. I need to figure this out..
otherwise.. I dont know how many more permits ill be getting approved.
anything from anybody helps
Old Apr 6, 2011, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah sorry man but I have no idea! Im reinstalling my S1 cams hoping it will fix the problem. But mine runs fine too but the compression in each cylinder is down bc of it. And im loosing power bc of it
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:45 PM

did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have the same code, got the 280 cams installed, that's what I'm told anyway. It has been tuned, I can clear it but it seems to come on every other week, car runs fun though. just wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was.