Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

vmrevo9's mini build

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 06:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jmelocik@Spec-Ops
8 hour road trip to GA? LOL

Josh
Should only be about 6

I'm down. Got some friends down that way anyway. I offered to come down if we could get 5 or 6 cars... we'd could come down to Forged Performance i think it is...

Or any other place with an AWD dyno.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Spec-Ops
The answer is no lol... I dont like wrapping cast products. Just put a heat shield on it... Looks better and serves just as much function... sort of lol. The manifold is so hard to wrap in order for it to be effective.
Ok I'll take it off then. It was. Pin to wrap though. The way I wrapped it was going to allow the heat shield to be installed. I guess I'll give it a few more coats and call it good.

Where is force performance? Atlanta area?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

alright guys i got a some major updates. this weekend my wife was working so i had to attend to the rugrats. so saturday and most of sunday was devoted to them. sunday around 4:30 i started working on the car.

here are the pics

while this was getting installed i was broiling some beer brats getting them ready to grill

then after dinner we started on the intercooler piping which was a *****!! i had installed the piping and did a boost leak check. here is where i'm confused. we ended up pressurizing the system to about 5-10psi and there is a leak that sounds like its coming from the TB. i replaced the shaft seals with MilSPecs but one got pinched during install so i think that is my issue. the leak is audible but i cant feel it nor does it produce bubbles. i can change the tone of the leak buy touching the spring (throttle cable) without moving the TB plate. so i'm thinking i need new seals again lol. no biggie i'm still installing everything and ordering new seals.

Jason you got PM!

another thing i had issues with last night was my Perrin intake tube and amsoil filter (4560).

the perrin intake tube sits at an angle which makes it difficult to install the filter and the filter seems to be a little to long as its pushing the ACD reservoir tank. also installing the TBolt clamp kit was a pain too lol i think i was just alittle tired yesterday so i may not have been thinking straight so i hope anyway!

here is what i'm talking about

saturday night i had made and installed a grounding kit. i purchased 10ft of 4ga transparent black cable and 12 4ga eyelets. see if you guys can spot it

more updates to come later on today.

i still need to install downpipe, fill with oil, and radiator fluid, charge the battery, flash for the new injectors, relocate the MBC and prime the turbo prior to starting. wish me luck!

Last edited by vmrevo9; Oct 11, 2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Nice updates man...good luck with the remaining stuff...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

thanks man just got done with the exhaust and now getting ready to fill oil and radiator fluid
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

latest update.

the car is alive!!! dialing in injectors which will continue tomorrow. so far with what is in there idle afr isnt bad and the o2 feedback and low trim (idle only so far) isnt to bad either.

the coolant lines to the turbo seem to be seaping a little so i will try to tighten a little more. but the one that is behind the turbo facing the block is going to suck to get to. so far no oil leaks so for now so far so good i guess

well here are the pics

hey jason check your PM. and thanks for everything once again.

i opened up the MBC and installed the stiffer spring after i compressed the spring around 70 times lol. and it is set to the lowest setting.

once i get it dialed in alittle better i will be driving it around town and getting ready for the trip to AWD. for GSC S2's + springs, timing belt, head studs and tune.

more updates to come!!

Last edited by vmrevo9; Oct 11, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Looks good... PM back

We got ya man...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

thanks Jason

i may look into doing some type of wire tuck in the future though

Last edited by vmrevo9; Oct 11, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

MilSpec seals ordered again this time i'll make sure to not pinch the seal

didnt get to tune the injectors today. had to much going on after work, lawn mower didnt want to start so i had to trouble shot it and son's cub scouts meeting so needless to say i didnt get the chance to play with her today. Tomorrow is a whole new day and i might even try to leave work early enough to play with it.. we'll see!

Last edited by vmrevo9; Oct 12, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

i got the car running again today after adjusting the injector latency i got the following values

injector duty cycle 1.08
fuel trim low (-1.0758)
o2 feedback fluctuated from -.8 thru +1

i took it for a spin and she felt different. the car felt like it hit hard but it was a quick sprint on WOT. i logged 24psi, max load of 265 which is around the same i have seen on the stocker around the same PSI. afr was a little lean roughly around 11.8 but no knock. i richened up the fuel map just in case but i dont plan on doing to many WOT runs until i get the headstuds installed.

so then she got washed and parked in the garage. i still need to adjust some stuff for startup but either way so far so good.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

still messing with the injectors scaling and latency.

it has its moments during startup but nothing to crazy. this turbo sure is louder than stock it has the turbo whistle noise and another noise that scared me at first, i thought it was my TC but it seems to happen when the turbo is spooling. more to come
Old Oct 20, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like she is coming along great Where did you pick up the perrin intake tube? I want to run the amsoil filter you have but with my injen intake there is no way it will fit. Wait...I'll have to get the fp intake pipe, but I wonder if that will fit. Sorry I am going off in you thread, my bad! Great work man, can't wait to see some numbers
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

i got the perrin from someone on the forum. the amsoil is a 4.5" inner diameter flange fliter. its definitely nice just a tad bit to long but i'll trim the intake tube a tad and it should fit fine.

the car defintely needs a tune and i got the injectors scaled good enough to drive around but it still needs some work. i'm definitely glad to be driving her again. cant wait to really feel what this setup has.

tonight im ordering the cams and headstuds! the plans have changed due to some scheduling conflicts but it will still get done.

i so have a side note that if i were to do this again i would not spray the downpipe with the recommended sealer. this thing has done nothing but smoke the entire time lol it stinks! although its becoming less but its annoying. i have comptemplated removing the wrap but im sure it will stop soon.

evolutionIX if your interested in the amsoil filter send me a PM and i can set you up with something.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pm'ed! Set me up!!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

I still owe you that rom... haven't forgotten, just been swamped. I'm going to send you a V7 Base. No sense messing up the system

Quick Reply: vmrevo9's mini build