Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fp turbo wheel sizes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fp turbo wheel sizes

Hey I have a guy that builds custom turbos. So I'm looking for the inducer exducer specs on an fp red turbo. Does anyone know what they are?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have a guy that builds custom turbos, why don't you just let him figure out the combination for you?

Why would you think FP or any other turbo manufacturer who has spent months or years designing and manufacturing a proven product would just want your "custom turbo" builder to copy theirs?

People like you are why there are so few legitimate companies that are willing to invest their time and effort and money in developing products...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by adcgn45
Hey I have a guy that builds custom turbos. So I'm looking for the inducer exducer specs on an fp red turbo. Does anyone know what they are?
I happen to agree with CO VR4. If you are interested in acquiring this info, then you should purchase a Red and unbolt the housings and measure the wheels with a set of Vernier calipers. I have a Red turbo on my car but I am not gonna pull it just to measure the wheels for you. Sorry!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
You guys are hyper sensitive. Inducer and exducer diameter means so very little that it's not even important for the most part. It's about as useful as "airflow" capacity. It gives you a rough idea of the power potential, but tells you nothing else.

The Red I beleive is 56-58 inducer/76 exducer on the compressor and 67 inducer/58 exducer on the turbine. The most comparable Garrett wheels would be the GT3076 compressor and the T3 stage 3 turbine.

Have fun though, because those wheels won't even work in the EVO housings and aren't the same anyway. The EVO IV-IX turbo is reverse rotation. The turbine is a custom cast piece that FP had made and the compressors are custom machined for FP.

If any "Custom Turbo" shop could do what FP does, there would be lots of other options, but there isn't.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

It doesnt matter... robert posts his specs openly. He isn't in any danger legit copies(ones that work) because 1) billet wheels are difficult unless u have a supplier that can machine them... 2) stock housing turbos are REVERSE rotation. This makes it even more difficult to obtain the proper wheels since most hybrid custom turbos use traditional rotation turbos (eg. Garret wheels etc)
If the OP is modifying a t3 turbo.... then its a simple matter of obtaining the comp wheel.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
....Have fun though, because those wheels won't even work in the EVO housings and aren't the same anyway. The EVO IV-IX turbo is reverse rotation. The turbine is a custom cast piece that FP had made and the compressors are custom machined for FP....
Good info.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
.... billet wheels are difficult unless u have a supplier that can machine them... 2) stock housing turbos are REVERSE rotation. This makes it even more difficult to obtain the proper wheels since most hybrid custom turbos use traditional rotation turbos...
Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Lol wow you guys really get upset about someone just asking some info. You act as though you are part owners in fp. I have been involved with turbo cars for 15 years and this is the first I've ever seen of a upgraded stock turbo costing such a gross amount. Sorry to anyone I offend but these turbos are simply way overpriced. For nearly 2000 I expect a ball bearing turbo. It's a rip off plain and simple and if someone out there can possibly make a turbo as efficient as one of these fp reds then so be it. It will only help everyone in the end.I know I'm not the only person who thinks that a modified 16 g is not worth 2000! Please
Old Sep 15, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I think what you need to understand is that a lot of time and money goes into developing these turbine/compressor combinations and it has to be paid for .
The other thing is that doing smallish production runs of unique components is expensive because you don't have five million pieces to spread the development and production costs over .

If you don't want to pay full price then grab a second hand one .

A .
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

No I understand all of the r&d needs to be paid for but I still think the prices are to high for these turbos. When it's time to go big I surely won't bother with any stock frame turbo. It's just stupid. The same price I can get a full ball bearing bad *** garret. Till then I'm stuck with fp green.
I'm just trying to do something else. The guy threw out the idea and I said ok I'll see what I can come up with. If he can great if not I don't care. I'll never get ripped off on an fp red
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
I personally don't see why wheel inducer and exducer diameters are a big deal. It actually annoys me that CBRD and FP don't openly have them listed. Garrett, Borg Warner, Precision, Tomei, etc all list the dimensions of their wheels.

It would make it a lot easier for the end-consumer (us) to make decisions on which turbos to buy for our desired power levels.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

And As far as getting it used. Well the demand is so high that you can buy a new fp red for 2 grand then beat the **** out of it for 30k at 30 psi and sell it here for 1900 plus shipping lol. Nobody sells them for reasonable prices even dogged out.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
I personally don't see why wheel inducer and exducer diameters are a big deal. It actually annoys me that CBRD and FP don't openly have them listed. Garrett, Borg Warner, Precision, Tomei, etc all list the dimensions of their wheels.

It would make it a lot easier for the end-consumer (us) to make decisions on which turbos to buy for our desired power levels.
They don't want you to know to much because there are other small shops that will make you a similar turbo based on those specs for a fraction and if that got out people wouldn't be able to screw Evo guys into spending 2k on a non ball bearing turbo
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Now how do u feel about the HTA Turbos..for example HTA 3586 & 3794?

Last edited by OneCrzyEvo21; Sep 6, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adcgn45
No I understand all of the r&d needs to be paid for but I still think the prices are to high for these turbos. When it's time to go big I surely won't bother with any stock frame turbo. It's just stupid. The same price I can get a full ball bearing bad *** garret. Till then I'm stuck with fp green.
I'm just trying to do something else. The guy threw out the idea and I said ok I'll see what I can come up with. If he can great if not I don't care. I'll never get ripped off on an fp red
If you can spend that amount and get a "badass garret" then do it... I'm sure a custom turbo builder isn't gonna give you some frankenstein "fp red" for some great deal...

Quick Reply: Fp turbo wheel sizes