Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need HELP! broken bolts into o2 housing!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need HELP! broken bolts into o2 housing!

so i was originally going to post needing help with my slow crank problem. but i realized it under warranty so why do it myself? and when i went to take my downpipe off to put the stock cat in the 2 bolts from the o2 housing to the downpipe (the sprung ones) both snapped off. i got most of the bolt out but close to the end of the threads it snapped off. new ones cost me $41 for 2 of each (spring and bolt) and now i need input on how to get the broken chunks out. EZout seems like the first option but what would you guys use? including penetrating oils and tools and what not. i was thinking of pulling the o2 housing to get better angles at them but then im worried if thos bolts snap off aswell lol. i honestly dont remember the 2 that broke being this hard to get off when i put the downpipe in to start with... maybe just the heat got to them. not sure anyone have input?

thanks in advance, Daniel
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Drill them out and try an easy out, of course run a tap back through the threads after they come out, and use anti sieze on the bolts upon reassembly.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Drill them out and try an easy out, of course run a tap back through the threads after they come out, and use anti sieze on the bolts upon reassembly.
exactly what i was gonna do thanks.