Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clicking noise at low speed tc?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clicking noise at low speed tc?

So i had a center diff break a few weeks ago. I yanked the transfer case and found no issue with the case it self, ring gear , pinion casing were in perfect shape. I ordered a new vcu, lsd this time and new diff housing.my drivers side axle was toast so i also replaced it. Got everything back together but now im getting a clicking sound from the drivers side. If i drive straight for a while it does not make noise. As soon as i make turns and then continue to drive straight the noise comes back again. Only at slow speeds. Transfercase is not whining and sounds normal except the clicking at low speeds. Its not the rotor shiled, that was my initial thought.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotekray
So i had a center diff break a few weeks ago. I yanked the transfer case and found no issue with the case it self, ring gear , pinion casing were in perfect shape. I ordered a new vcu, lsd this time and new diff housing.my drivers side axle was toast so i also replaced it. Got everything back together but now im getting a clicking sound from the drivers side. If i drive straight for a while it does not make noise. As soon as i make turns and then continue to drive straight the noise comes back again. Only at slow speeds. Transfercase is not whining and sounds normal except the clicking at low speeds. Its not the rotor shiled, that was my initial thought.
All fixed, tailend needed a little adjustment, driveshaft was rubbing a little