Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Engine torque damper/motor mounts...?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine torque damper/motor mounts...?

So, my car decided to break. The transmission casing where the rear motor mount is basically unattached now which I don't think is a good thing. Pretty sure.

I'm going to send the transmission to Shep to get it fixed and do a street strip because, well, its there.

I don't want this to ever, ever, ever happen again. Too annoying. So I'm thinking I should put in Engine torque dampers and solid motor mounts all the way around. Keep the ol'engine from moving around, and breaking.

I've searched a bit and have found no real solid information on who makes good vs bad torque dampers or motor mounts.

Are they all good? Does it make a difference on which one you use, in the realm of drivability, or its ability to keep the motor from moving? (durometer rating/just replacing the rubber/whole new mount/using a torque damper)

Now finally, will engine torque dampers and motor mounts keep this from happening again?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by therunningskier
So, my car decided to break. The transmission casing where the rear motor mount is basically unattached now which I don't think is a good thing. Pretty sure.

I'm going to send the transmission to Shep to get it fixed and do a street strip because, well, its there.

I don't want this to ever, ever, ever happen again. Too annoying. So I'm thinking I should put in Engine torque dampers and solid motor mounts all the way around. Keep the ol'engine from moving around, and breaking.

I've searched a bit and have found no real solid information on who makes good vs bad torque dampers or motor mounts.

Are they all good? Does it make a difference on which one you use, in the realm of drivability, or its ability to keep the motor from moving? (durometer rating/just replacing the rubber/whole new mount/using a torque damper)

Now finally, will engine torque dampers and motor mounts keep this from happening again?
Yes. Really the best mount to change is the front mount. I use a Blox front mount on mine and my engine is solid now. I also have an ebay torque damper that works great as well.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've also heard alot of people talk about how bad and annoying the vibrations is by doing all the mounts.

Is it really that bad? I mean the car is normally a loud, bumpy, fairly uncomfortable car...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the ingalls brace. noticed a little more noise but nothing I could not get used to. Not hard to install.