Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TS T4 1.06a/r HTA3586

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mike,
Wait for the Borg Warner turbo's to come out this November at SEMA. Save around 2k for the turbo
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
I had to send one of my housings back it was so bad. I refused to us it. As for the extrude hone process I also was going to do it but I didn't do it because I was not sure if it would actually hurt the divided part on the housing or round the tip of it off where its close to the turbine wheel. What info have you gathered on this?
That was my main concern when talking with Hudson. Ive heard a couple times about issues with those housings, and bad casting was my first thought. I think opening up the internal volume would be more effective than just cleaning up the surface, and so long as its done carefully it should be fine.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScorpionT
That was my main concern when talking with Hudson. Ive heard a couple times about issues with those housings, and bad casting was my first thought. I think opening up the internal volume would be more effective than just cleaning up the surface, and so long as its done carefully it should be fine.
yea there castings suck. there was a guy who made a 1.10 T4 divided for s 35r turbo. he told me at the time it was the only one made and he planned to make more. the casting looked really good but he could not give me any info on it to claim the size and stuff. i wish i bought it because now i cant find him or that housing anywhere. i forgot who he was. damn.

cleaning the inside of these housings would be a good thing. but like i said removing to much IMO who be bad because how would you keep the lip ''inside tip'' of the divider from wearing down to much. that is why i did not send my housing out.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson
... since there are already two dynos posted of tst4 hta86's, one 2.1 and one 2.0, both sitting at 590's on pump gas.
You can add another 2.0L to that list, this one (mine) in the 590s on 93 octane with a TS 1.06 T4 HTA3582.

Originally Posted by Philthy748
Point of debate was that the TS 3586 could match the same power as a TS 4088 at the same PSI...
I'm not sure if anyone has a solid answer to that question. But so long as the compressor and intercooling capacity is sufficient, any difference in manifold pressure at a given power level should be mostly academic. All else being equal, it seems the HTA3586 outspools the 4088 by a nominal margin, which gives it an edge. The HTA3586 has a more efficient compressor, the 4088R has a larger turbine side. Realistically speaking, both are 700+hp turbos, anything beyond that being atypical.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan - I took our dialog to PM...

Ted B - I agree with your post, but the HTA3586 needs a good bit of work on the housing - while the 4088 is a performer right out of the box.

To say that the 4088 is turd, or the 3586 is superior aren't factual statements IMO...

This is also a mute point for me any way as my new BW will be here shortly
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Philthy748
Ted B - I agree with your post, but the HTA3586 needs a good bit of work on the housing - while the 4088 is a performer right out of the box.

To say that the 4088 is turd, or the 3586 is superior aren't factual statements IMO...
FWIW, I think the housing situation is hit or miss. Mine is untouched.

I feel calling the 4088R a turd is a bit extreme, but David has no reservations about stirring the pot.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Editted: Sorry. I replied to the wrong thread, DUH

Last edited by sparky; Oct 1, 2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
i call b.s. on the switzer car.
so, calling Switzer and me liars?

the car has made 750 on multiple dyno's with different motor set ups. 750 has been the max on the hta3582 no matter how much boost i through at it, no matter what 4g engine size i have tried.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The 4088 is a turd.

Tym Switzer did make 750 on his DJ on a 3582 and the Tial Vband header I built.

Evodan2004 speaks the truth about his car and numbers, I've had his car on my dyno.

I see a lot of cars in here making a lot of power with no boost, I guess I have to keep in mind the dyno differences. I don't see near the power on our dyno at those low boost levels but do know we have a LONG list of 9 second EVO's with high traps speeds out there.

HTA3586 is the best T3 turbo I've ever used/tested.

I've got a twin scroll T4 header with an HTA86 on Matt's car. He has the first twin scroll GT42 header we built for our old black car on his car. He got tired of the lag but couldn't swing an entire new turbo kit. I put the TS HTA on the old GT42 header, his car works very good. 9.6's and it's heavy. It has a FULL NHRA certified cage that's good to 7.50's I believe, power windows, door beams etc,.

Where's Calvin he needs to **** on a 40888.
i guess David is lying too. lol! I can get more, reputable tuners, to verify it has made those #'s if you are still a non believer.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tc17
so, calling Switzer and me liars?

the car has made 750 on multiple dyno's with different motor set ups. 750 has been the max on the hta3582 no matter how much boost i through at it, no matter what 4g engine size i have tried.

i guess David is lying too. lol! I can get more, reputable tuners, to verify it has made those #'s if you are still a non believer.
how is it making so much more power at lower boost than the others? i apologize if i came off that harshly, but its so far above and beyond other hta82's its hard to believe.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:49 AM
EvoM Guru

If the numbers seem high enough for some members to doubt them, it's because two influential factors that are overlooked are the car in question has a different, more efficient exhaust manifold configuration that won't work for a typical EVO. Anything that eliminates the sharp bends necessary to fit the turbo in the factory position will make more power. Also, the dyno runs were 'uncorrected', which makes a difference when running race fuel in 15-20 degree icy January Ohio weather.

But I think this discussion is about TS T4 with the HTA turbos, not about calling this setup into question.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Yes i do agree with you Ted. I ran across the post calling bs so i wanted to state the #'s were not bs. If you have all the proper parts the single scroll hta3582 can be a very powerful setup(helps that the custom manifold Buscher made was very efficient). The car has been dynoed at least 7 more times and the car has made 750 with corrected #'s in 60 degree weather and 105 degree weather.

I have just redone my time attack car. It now has a custom TF twin scroll manifold, HTA3586 and a new motor setup by Insane Speed. Along with a custom RR 4 stage dry sump system. The car will be tuned within the next couple weeks. I am shooting to be in the 800+ range with this new set up.

Last edited by tc17; Oct 2, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 08:25 AM
EvoM Guru

That sounds like fun to me.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
good luck TC.

the point is. the HTA86 on a properly setup car will have no problem hitting 750hp. it has been done plenty of times. and as we evolve more it will happen even more. if your car cant do it then dont say it cant be done. get the right parts and components. you cant build a fast car with only a buck.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evodan2004
good luck TC.

the point is. the HTA86 on a properly setup car will have no problem hitting 750hp. it has been done plenty of times. and as we evolve more it will happen even more. if your car cant do it then dont say it cant be done. get the right parts and components. you cant build a fast car with only a buck.
Cheap and fast don't really go together...............

Sean
Old Oct 4, 2010, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Mikey, if I remember right, your car and Aarons car are of similar build, so with a 3586 on E85, you should get 750-800whp.

If you want faster spool, go with the TS, and expect a slightly lower possible top end.

PS. Before you spend more money on power, buy new tires. Noob.

Quick Reply: TS T4 1.06a/r HTA3586