Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Comparison of Buschur Muffler and Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2003, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice comparison and pictures. Thanks a ton for posting them!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 5, 2003, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you please post pictures of the Magnaflow canister? I would like to see the angle in which it sits. Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

My friend has a Buschur exhaust. I have an Hks hi power. Mines look better , but his is louder and frees up more power I believe
Old Dec 5, 2003, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Pic of can at lower angle.
Attached Thumbnails Comparison of Buschur Muffler and Magnaflow-muff.jpg  
Old Dec 5, 2003, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Looks good. Since Buschur's system is slip fit, there could be variations on how the exhaust sits, correct? The reason that I ask is because I was just comparing your picture to the one on the Mach V site.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 08:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mrdecibel
Pic of can at lower angle.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 11:06 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I installed my Buschur Magnaflow TBE this week and I LOVE it. Its uber quiet. My tip sticks out farther than yours, though. Wonder if I need to do some trimming?

I love the system, but slip joints > me because I'm a n00b with them.

Last edited by Noize; Dec 5, 2003 at 12:18 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Mrdecibel. Glad you posted the pictures. Looks like you need to do some adjustments on it though. The tip is a little too high and close to the fascia. Remember the system slips together so you will need to rotate one of the pipes to just drop it about a 1/2 inch. I would also say it needs to go in a little bit.

Noize, if yours sticks out further you need to get it slid in. It should only go about 1" past the fascia.

Thanks guys, just trying to help.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 5, 2003, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Great post! I love real recordings like this.

About slip-fit joints: The blessing and curse of them is that they're infinitely adjustable. That's a blessing because you can make the exhaust a tad longer or shorter if you want, or tweak the angle if you need to. But obviously it doesn't assemble itself perfectly lined up like if it had flanges, so it can take some wiggling and shoving to get it all right.

We did a little adjusting on ours to get the tip to come out just the way I wanted. I don't have a pic handy, but here's my own movie of the exhaust look and sound. (I think it's 3 MB.)

--Dan
MachEVO.com
Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

David,

I removed my previous muffler and installed the maganaflow. Remaining exhaust parts stayed fixed in original locations. I was hoping to take off one, and put on other. Didn't happen that way. I am able to get the tip to fit perfectly, but the muffler would sit at a 45 dgree angle. That was an eye sore. I have dissassembled the exhaust twice trying to get things to line up. The hanger on the muffler is too short to allow perfect fitment. By just hanging the muffler up without the rest of the exhaust, I am able to see that it will not work. Unfortunately all the twisting in the world is not going to help. Maybe I got a slightly mis fabbed one? Not sure. To get the muffler to be close to level, I had to drill another hole above the one in the hanger. This is not perfect, but it did allow me to look alittle more pleasant. Maybe it was designed to sit at a 45 degree angle. Maybe not? BTW, I have called your shop twice trying to get relief. That was a no go.

Originally posted by davidbuschur
Mrdecibel. Glad you posted the pictures. Looks like you need to do some adjustments on it though. The tip is a little too high and close to the fascia. Remember the system slips together so you will need to rotate one of the pipes to just drop it about a 1/2 inch. I would also say it needs to go in a little bit.

Noize, if yours sticks out further you need to get it slid in. It should only go about 1" past the fascia.

Thanks guys, just trying to help.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Which magnaflow part number does Burshur use? Curious, because I have a home made system and I have felt it is a little too loud. I am looking into using a magnaflow exhaust. The only non-race(read quiet) magnaflow with 3" in and out I can find is the 6" round 14619. Anyone have experience with that one?
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Mach V Dan
Great post! I love real recordings like this.

About slip-fit joints: The blessing and curse of them is that they're infinitely adjustable. That's a blessing because you can make the exhaust a tad longer or shorter if you want, or tweak the angle if you need to. But obviously it doesn't assemble itself perfectly lined up like if it had flanges, so it can take some wiggling and shoving to get it all right.

We did a little adjusting on ours to get the tip to come out just the way I wanted. I don't have a pic handy, but here's my own movie of the exhaust look and sound. (I think it's 3 MB.)

--Dan
MachEVO.com
Movie link is broke.......
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

i had a hard time hearing the difference...
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Diesel
i had a hard time hearing the difference...
There is a difference, not to much when he gives it gas, but when its let off, there is a lot more grumble in the normal exhaust then in the magnaflow. Listen to it again.. Especially when he pulls into and out of garage.

Great post mrdecibel, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. I have been curious to what a different muffler would sound like. Will be ordering it soon from Bushur, after my springs get here.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

What does it sound like at WOT? I know when I get on it hard its LOUD (sounds good) But when im driving normal its sounds almost like Im gunning it.....Does it still sound mean at WOT with the magnaflow? Hopefully you can get it aligned better, I know how it is when you do something and its a little off, normally your the only one who know's and see's it though.

Quick Reply: Comparison of Buschur Muffler and Magnaflow