Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Synapse Engineering releases the Synchronic DV for Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011 | 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Changing your DV should not have any effect on surging. You will have to look elsewhere.

With that said, I use their new DV and it is great.
Old Dec 25, 2011 | 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

edit

Last edited by wally7714; Dec 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011 | 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
Are you mashing it in 5th at 2k rpms? Compressor surge can be eliminated through a few things: tighter wg spring load, anti-surge housing , not trying to boost in 5th at low rpms

If your bov is popping openno doubt synapses is your best solution.

^^^Amazing. That`s exactly when it happens usually on a 5th gear and lower rpms when I go full throttle but it happened on a dyno as well. You think cold weather can affect the surge? I`ll try to find stiffer spring for HKS WG. Thanx
Old Dec 30, 2011 | 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

I just wanted to throw in my .02. I have been running the factory mr bov and it bucked and had that ugly flutter at low rpms and higher rpms, switched to the synapse dv in the PUSH configuration port A only and it ran like trash. Flutter everywhere, tried in port B, a bit better but not where I'd like it, I then read the manual and tried PULL type port B only.

BUTTER all the time. Much better than factory turbo and factory mr bov even. The PUSH type just doesnt work well on the 9 indeed. It should be stated to try PULL type first on evo 9s
Old Dec 30, 2011 | 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broham
I just wanted to throw in my .02. I have been running the factory mr bov and it bucked and had that ugly flutter at low rpms and higher rpms, switched to the synapse dv in the PUSH configuration port A only and it ran like trash. Flutter everywhere, tried in port B, a bit better but not where I'd like it, I then read the manual and tried PULL type port B only.

BUTTER all the time. Much better than factory turbo and factory mr bov even. The PUSH type just doesnt work well on the 9 indeed. It should be stated to try PULL type first on evo 9s
That's how it is for me as well.
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broham

Originally Posted by High_PSI
That's how it is for me as well.
Question:

Can I reconfigure the Synchronic DV without worrying about a retune?

Just got mine back from tuner with my "stage 1" installed (BBK Full, TBE, FMIC, Ported Intake/Exhaust, 70mm TB, FIC 1100s, Synchronic DV, Forge UNOS MBC, Amsoil Filter).The car idles and drives fine except that I've got some pretty nasty flutter-induced-bucking at higher-partial-throttle-let-off (>65%). The installer put the DV in push mode with a+b attached.

I want to try reconfiguring it myself right now.

Is that safe?
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

I actually did that yesterday. I'm assuming as long as you were previously tuned with the DV, you should be good to go. I went from push mode A+B to pull mode B with A VTA and my AFR remained the same as well as boost levels, but it smoothed out my "bucking" while switching gears.
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snafufx
I actually did that yesterday. I'm assuming as long as you were previously tuned with the DV, you should be good to go. I went from push mode A+B to pull mode B with A VTA and my AFR remained the same as well as boost levels, but it smoothed out my "bucking" while switching gears.
Thanks very much is that with MAP, SD, then?

btw, I got it from the horses mouth that it's no problem to switch it around.
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
Thanks very much is that with MAP, SD, then?

btw, I got it from the horses mouth that it's no problem to switch it around.
I'm on sd and dv vta
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Supposing the dv wasn't leaking before you change the configuration and that it doesn't leak after you change the config, it shouldn't affect the tune at all.

If your car was just retuned with tephra v7, the bucking may be caused by the "WGDC=100% under X load" table
Old Mar 18, 2012 | 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Synapse
Performance wise, there should not be a huge difference between the DV and the SB considering both products use the same Synchronic technology as the internal. However, our engineer have noticed that the SB still reacts just a tiny bit faster. In any case, we're talking about a few milli-seconds of difference, and it is not something noticeable unless it is tested on specific equipments to data-log these reaction times.

The SB is pressure tested to over 100 psi and the DV is pressure tested to 60 psi. Although both products are fully capable for high boost and race use, but the build of SB is heavy duty (as you can see) and probably be better for very high boost use (40+ psi).

The advantage of the DV would be smaller (obviously) and it is black and looks very stealthy. As you can see in the video, the DV we've installed onto the Evo 9 have black painted bolts and the silver logos were painted black as well (it was done to the owner's preference). Those of you whom live in California might appreciate the fact it is black.

The other advantage of the DV is that you can use it as Push or Pull depending on your driving style and preference. However, we still strongly recommend that you re-circulate the discharge air regardless of Push or Pull.

FYI, in my opinion, the DV works better as "pull" for the Evo 9.

Anyhow, for those of you whom already have a SB kit, you may choose to pick up the Universal DV with just an extra 1.25" hose end adapter flange if you want to simple try the DV and compare. You'll need: DV001A.001 & SB001.9A (Vibrant P/N 16501A and 16019A).

For those who will be replacing the OE bpv with the DV, you'll need the Evolution DV Kit. Part # DV001A.005 (Vibrant P/N 16505A). Please check with No Limit Motorsport 1-866-381-4618 for pricing and specials.

Don't feel bad, because the price of the SB may increase within the next 12 months. So be glad you got one now.
I've been searching all over for the official definition of "high boost pressures" in use in the Synchronic Tuning Manual:

http://www.synapseengineering.com/su...ual_webres.pdf

Here you are defining "very high boost pressure" as 40psi+

I'm going to be pushing probably up to 30 psi (It goes up to 27, now). Does that count as "high boost pressure"? What is the definition of it?

if so, does that mean I should start my configurations trying:
1. Push, A+B
2. Pull, B
3. Pull, A+B

These are the configs listed in the manual as tested-ok with high boost pressure.

Or can I try absolutely anything as long as the car is driving nicely?
Old Mar 18, 2012 | 10:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Pretty much everything is fair game.
Old Mar 19, 2012 | 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Pretty much everything is fair game.
Thanks very much again for your help.

Last edited by wjamyers; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: moved the rest to the Synapse Results Thread...