Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Synapse Engineering releases the Synchronic DV for Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Synapse Engineering releases the Synchronic DV for Evolution

Synchronic DV is the first, truly compact, zero-diaphragm, high-flow Diverter Valve with a blistering actuation time measured at 25 milliseconds. Mass air flow (MAF) and speed density (MAP) applications can apply the new design in push or pull orientation with the ability to fully re-circulate or vent-to-atmosphere the valve’s discharge.

Construction is based on near-net investment casting of aerospace-grade Aluminum for the body, followed by post-process CNC machining of all components including the forged billet 6061 actuator assembly.

A complete selection of available mounting flanges are interchangeable between the SB and DV series and users can either upgrade from an existing BOV by simply bolting on an adapter or weld on to a new project using the Aluminum or Stainless weld flanges. Boost/vacuum connections are made via 1/8th NPT threaded bosses that accept either Boost Connect™ or included nickel-plated-brass barb fittings.

Each assembly is pressure tested to withstand 60 psi and positive lock clamshell retainers are included with each assembly for fitment. Application-specific kits, such as Evolution 8, 9, and X, VW/Audi 1.8T, and Subaru TMIC are now available with all hardware necessary for installation included.

Please check with the site sponsor/vendors No Limit Motorsport for pricing and details. 1-866-381-4618. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fag_G5yIuUo
Old Oct 4, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Great I have the older unit and I love it. Can you sell me the longer return tube so I can fit it without cocking my entire intake assembly? It looks rigged to me and I hate it .
had to loosen the stock recirculation hose and clock it to just BARELY fit the BOV. It fit but JUST fit.

As you can see it clears barley and the Stock BOV on the battery looks mighty jealous.

Last edited by High_PSI; Oct 30, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Give us a call at the office to discuss your specific need. Ask for Devin. 858-457-1700.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:37 PM

I am just starting to press the max of my IX BOV at around 28-29psi. Still holds at that pressure during a boost leak test though, not after that though. Can you compare/contrast the synapse BOV with this DV? How is drivability compared to the stock DV? Why should I use this product rather than your BOV?

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks nice. Whats the difference besides size?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:49 PM

any performance difference between the sb and dv?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty sure its faster as well, correct me if I'm wrong. Also it can be run either push or pull type.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

i literally just bought my synapse valve and now this one comes out. im super pissed.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 09:06 PM

looks great and just in time to hold more boost! btw, as soon as you crack 30 psi (even crushed) the stock valve will crack open...trust me

Last edited by evogirl916; Oct 4, 2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

also curious about what noticeable benefits the new design would have. Running 30 psi on the older style with great results and driveability so far!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 09:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
IIRC the new one was tested up to 60psi or so
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ball7068
I am just starting to press the max of my IX BOV at around 28-29psi. Still holds at that pressure during a boost leak test though, not after that though. Can you compare/contrast the synapse BOV with this DV? How is drivability compared to the stock DV? Why should I use this product rather than your BOV?

Thanks!
Performance wise, there should not be a huge difference between the DV and the SB considering both products use the same Synchronic technology as the internal. However, our engineer have noticed that the SB still reacts just a tiny bit faster. In any case, we're talking about a few milli-seconds of difference, and it is not something noticeable unless it is tested on specific equipments to data-log these reaction times.

The SB is pressure tested to over 100 psi and the DV is pressure tested to 60 psi. Although both products are fully capable for high boost and race use, but the build of SB is heavy duty (as you can see) and probably be better for very high boost use (40+ psi).

The advantage of the DV would be smaller (obviously) and it is black and looks very stealthy. As you can see in the video, the DV we've installed onto the Evo 9 have black painted bolts and the silver logos were painted black as well (it was done to the owner's preference). Those of you whom live in California might appreciate the fact it is black.

The other advantage of the DV is that you can use it as Push or Pull depending on your driving style and preference. However, we still strongly recommend that you re-circulate the discharge air regardless of Push or Pull.

FYI, in my opinion, the DV works better as "pull" for the Evo 9.

Anyhow, for those of you whom already have a SB kit, you may choose to pick up the Universal DV with just an extra 1.25" hose end adapter flange if you want to simple try the DV and compare. You'll need: DV001A.001 & SB001.9A (Vibrant P/N 16501A and 16019A).

For those who will be replacing the OE bpv with the DV, you'll need the Evolution DV Kit. Part # DV001A.005 (Vibrant P/N 16505A). Please check with No Limit Motorsport 1-866-381-4618 for pricing and specials.

Originally Posted by shuttlegoose
i literally just bought my synapse valve and now this one comes out. im super pissed.
Don't feel bad, because the price of the SB may increase within the next 12 months. So be glad you got one now.

Last edited by Synapse; Oct 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shuttlegoose
me too!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the original SB and it works great, but I always wanted a smaller, stealthier look, so I may pick this one up.

What's the difference in terms of function compared to the SB? Does this still seat with boost pressure? What about opening...is that just from the two vacuum ports on top or is there a 'hidden' port C that helps open via pressure as well?

I personally like the port C for help with partial throttle lift off acuation and faster response. Just curious if this new DV has that design as well.

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2010, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I have the original SB and it works great, but I always wanted a smaller, stealthier look, so I may pick this one up.

What's the difference in terms of function compared to the SB? Does this still seat with boost pressure? What about opening...is that just from the two vacuum ports on top or is there a 'hidden' port C that helps open via pressure as well?

I personally like the port C for help with partial throttle lift off acuation and faster response. Just curious if this new DV has that design as well.

Thanks
Because of the product appearance change, port C has been eliminated on DV. If you have been following the "evolution" of the SB, you'll see that port C on the SB has been eliminated as well. We have data verified that the elimination of port C does not affect the functionality of the product.

Either the DV and SB will hold boost just fine, and the functionality should be very similar to each other (maybe with the exception of the sound). But like you mentioned, the DV is much smaller and stealthier. It's good for street use and may help avoid unnecessary attention from people you'd want to avoid.

Quick Reply: Synapse Engineering releases the Synchronic DV for Evolution