Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish back to try and reach the 8's.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The track days are coming to an end, so get out there and make it happen. Good luck!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
What a great idea on the stereo system. I just might have to copy you on that! Good luck at the track.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Good luck David!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Hope u guys can get to the 8 seconds Dave , Good Luck !!!!!!!!!

I love the Volk CE28N's
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:43 PM

No compromise and massive determination. Recipe for success. You will definitely hit your mark.

I was wondering how you had that breather catch can plumbed? I make them, but was told the Evos "must" run sealed style. I have a great option for the community if you would be willing to share how it works for you.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice looking setup there David, props to Dan also for fast work and very clean setup.

Josh
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
From page one.

Every single piece of my heater system is in my car except for the hoses that go to the actual engine. I was going to replace the heater core, which is broken, last year but never got time, it's a full days job and real PITA to change the heater core in the EVO. Maybe this winter.

The 2.1 that I took out is getting a fresh set of rings, the head checked out and then it's getting shipped to a friend of mine in New York who has been waiting since August for it.

The rear diff support has to be tested on this car before anything gets produced. I am in no rush to make these to be honest. This could end up a one off part on this car, who knows. If I build them I'd be tempted to do them out of billet aluminum like the side diff supports we make.

The N1's are the lightest suspension on the market for the EVO. The Swift springs make it even lighter. The valving isn't that bad actually. I had someone test them on a shock dyno and have the paper work from it all, the springs themselves had the most variance and looking back on it I wonder if that was factual or if it was the guy trying to sell me different springs. It's very hard to say. The suspension though has worked very good for me and a LOT of customers. I don't think it can be beat for the money, that's for sure.

Thanks for the good luck wishes for the car.

Tonight I got a different monkey off my back. My Shelby Mustang has been stuck at 12.0's for over a year. First pass with it tonight it ran 11.91!! One down, one to go! I'm hopeful for the RS on Tuesday!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

I have a thread somewhere on here in a stereo section or something about what I did, if any of you are interested I think I even listed part numbers.

The catch can is also something we make, works kick *** and there is a thread here on EVOm about those too.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stereo
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...long-time.html

catch can
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...atch-cans.html
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you Dan.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good.. You have some drive still in you after 20+ years.. I have to hand it to you.. I cant remember the last time i made post as thorough as yours always are.. Good luck.. You will get it done i know it..

Mike
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

I hope you're right Mike. Thanks for the kind words and your friendship.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

I wish I was in town this coming week. Id love to be there to see this car hopefully go 8s.

You really are dedicated and just like me don't give up easily.

I wish you the best of luck. Tell Kevin to bring his driving shoes!! He is gonna have a handfull to deal with. BadBish ftfmw!!!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
I wish I was in town this coming week. Id love to be there to see this car hopefully go 8s.

You really are dedicated and just like me don't give up easily.

I wish you the best of luck. Tell Kevin to bring his driving shoes!! He is gonna have a handfull to deal with. BadBish ftfmw!!!
Tell kevin to grab his Steel toe boot for his right foot and as they say in Ohio " Hold it to the wood ".. Not sure that saying applies to the Evo but it sure sounds TOUGH..

Mike
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Kevin has his work cut out for him. We are planning on really going for it. The car needs at least 685 whp in third gear on our dyno and then a perfect pass from there. I want nothing more currently than to get this done. It's been a long long time coming, I hope all the hard work pays off this time. Then it's coming home and I'm going to spend the winter cleaning it, detailing, painting etc.

Like i said over on Facebook, if it goes 8's it just may bring me to tears!

Quick Reply: Bad Bish back to try and reach the 8's.