Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish back to try and reach the 8's.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I had two cars to tune this morning.

My left rear scale isn't back from being repaired. It was a fast paced day.

I had to resort to just taking some measurements and relying on ride height, the corner balance is fairly close like that. I'd like it perfect but....

Put the car on the dyno, low boost pulls were in the 640 range, not bad. Flipped the switch for high boost 709 whp. I actually had to put some fuel in it up top. Completely uneventful, which is nice, a few pulls and no troubles with great power.

I still had to change to the slicks, wash the car, get fuel, get an air tank blah blah blah. So i didn't take the time to do a lot of studying/comparisons of the old engine (2.1) vs the new LR2.0. I can say for sure the car has lost quite a bit of low/mid range power. I'm not happy about it. I don't have the time to dwell on it right now. Two many variables too, MANY changes ton the car beyond the short block.

For now I want to keep a positive attitude, be happy the car is making killer power and hit the track tomorrow.

The car will be running like it always does, like I drive it. With the exception of the slicks.

Stock Brembo brakes front and rear, Giro stock diameter rotors, front and rear sway bars, full BR 3" exhaust with TWO mufflers, BR FF HTA86 turbo, BF272 cams, both air bags, all four door beams, full factory interior, speakers, amp, wipers and wiper motor, mirrors inside and out, factory glass, headlights etc. With the exception of the slicks, this IS a street car that I do drive. Now it just needs to finish the job of breaking the 8's.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll get it Dave, good luck out there tomorrow.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
car is amazing dave, good luck with 8's