Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan o2 Housing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not really, their o2 housing have shown to be reliable
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by binky
If that were true - then why are they separated in the O2 housing? Yes, I understand what you are saying. However, This has been talked about and covered a bunch of times. Maybe I'm thinking of something different - like the MAP O2 elim and the flapper, I don't know...it's late...headed to bed.

-Bink
They are separated because one hole is the wastegate and the other is the turbine outlet.

The factory O2 housing isn't sealed from one another. The divider is notched out.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

The factory O2 housing isn't sealed from one another. The divider is notched out.[/quote]

so should i keep it then?? it would not give me problems perfomance wise????
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erald01
not really, their o2 housing have shown to be reliable

I bought a megan housing for my car and it didnt fit. I bought a megan header for my da integra it didnt fit and had the worste pipe junctions.

I ordered both parts the same day, they are 0-2 with me. They make garbage, even a blind man hits the mark once and awhile.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would say try and get someone to run a bead(weld it) around the inner without distoring the flange. That area might, over time create a hot spot because the exhaust gasses will get trapped. Kinda like heating up something with a blow torch.

Good luck
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erald01
The factory O2 housing isn't sealed from one another. The divider is notched out.
so should i keep it then?? it would not give me problems perfomance wise????[/quote]

I can't see it being any different than stock.

Is the merge point (where the WG section meets up with the turbine gases) ported or is it a round hole?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

well i noticed a cpl of things from other o2 housing, the oem one seem to not be fully divided between ports, and the works o2 housing seems to have only one port instead of two, sooo i am thinking at this point that it would not hurt me performance wise
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

that porting job looks sweet, but its from the bottom, the part i am talking about is where the flange seats between the ports
Old Oct 9, 2010, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

I've ran the megan piece a year ago and it caused a lot of boost creep, I even had the merge hole ported to try to alleviate the problem, after that didnt work I took it off and threw it in the trash that was the best solution to the problem. I bolted on a Titek V2 O2 right afterwards and guess what the problem was gone. The Titek is a very good piece and worked out great for what I wanted powerwise at the time. My mods have since changed though, FYI I had a Megan turboback that suffered from cracked welds with less then 10k miles on it Megan is 0-2 with me.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Then it wasn't ported correctly. Just sayin'.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8emUp
Then it wasn't ported correctly. Just sayin'.
LOL you sir are extremely intelligent, do you have any ideas on how I can make a ebay intercooler more efficient than a garret core

Last edited by ct9asilver; Oct 9, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is some good info as I was just about to purchase a megan 02. I might just wait and save up for a titek v2 then. Any issues with 02 readings since everyone is saying the bung is on the wrong side on the titek?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

TommiM

check the SOCALEVO.NET forums for Looney Tunings data on the megan, invidia and titek o2 housings it's very informative, their are quite a few other threads with charts also on SOCALEVO.NET showing that the megan is inferior, no offense to EVOM members but in general their are a lot of shade tree mechanics and tuners who are cheap on here that go for the typical megan, and ebay/ ams copy intercoolers, and if you say anything negative about those parts all hell breaks loose lol!

I never had a problem with the O2 placement on the Titek I had, in fact the placement on the O2 sensor in the housing shouldnt hardly have any affect on readings, It's the Invidia that people have issues with since the O2 bung is placed low on the housing and the wire management on the O2 needs to be cut away or trimed and re routed to stretch down far enough for the O2 to plug in.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ct9asilver
TommiM

check the SOCALEVO.NET forums for Looney Tunings data on the megan, invidia and titek o2 housings it's very informative, their are quite a few other threads with charts also on SOCALEVO.NET showing that the megan is inferior, no offense to EVOM members but in general their are a lot of shade tree mechanics and tuners who are cheap on here that go for the typical megan, and ebay/ ams copy intercoolers, and if you say anything negative about those parts all hell breaks loose lol!

I never had a problem with the O2 placement on the Titek I had, in fact the placement on the O2 sensor in the housing shouldnt hardly have any affect on readings, It's the Invidia that people have issues with since the O2 bung is placed low on the housing and the wire management on the O2 needs to be cut away or trimed and re routed to stretch down far enough for the O2 to plug in.

Thanks, I will check that out. Socalevo forum seems to have alot more useful info on there than the Norcalevo forum,.

Quick Reply: Megan o2 Housing