Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan o2 Housing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ct9asilver
LOL you sir are extremely intelligent, do you have any ideas on how I can make a ebay intercooler more efficient than a garret core
I'm failing to see how the efficiency of an intercooler core has anything to do with porting of an O2 housing.

If you had somebody do port work and the problem wasn't solved, I'd blame the person who did the work, not the part.
When ported correctly they work perfectly fine.

That would be like taking your car to a mechanic for a minor problem, then taking it to the junkyard because the mechanic didn't fix it correctly.

Last edited by EVO8emUp; Oct 10, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

That's the problem, you fail to see when a part is garbage instead you put a band-aid on it and back it so by you supporting the Megan piece I would have no doubt you would back EBAY junk too . By the way the O2 was ported by a well known company that happens to have a lot if not most of the ported OEM evolution throttle bodies on lockdown, care to call his port work inferior now . I guarantee that even with the port work your megan has, it will not make as much power as an Invidia or Titek V2.

Bottom line is some people are born shooting for perfection while others are happy settling for mediocre.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
By the way the O2 was ported by a well known company that happens to have a lot if not most of the ported OEM evolution throttle bodies on lockdown, care to call his port work inferior now .
Yes, I will I will call his port work on a SS O2 housing inferior, if it didn't work.
Every single one I have ported was free of boost creep problems and I'm just some dude that does work out of his garage. How can I get it right, but your well known company can't? It seems there was a rare set of circumstances or porting O2 housings is not their thing.
I still run the full factory exhaust with the exception of the stock ported O2 housing.

And FWIW, if I personally go with an aftermarket O2, I would pick up a V2 only because I like their cast and machined sealing surface. It seems like a very well designed part.

Last edited by EVO8emUp; Oct 11, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe My megan piece was fixable no matter who ported it, regardless the Megan creeps some peolle have ported one and fixed it yet when they do another it makes the problem worse or does nothing at all, that's Megans quality control for you.