Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

help with broken vacuum line...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy help with broken vacuum line...

help with broken vacuum line...-img_0873.jpg

Hose in red circle is broken off from Blue circle. What is this in the Yellow circle?

Will this make the car run like garbage? Dumb question I know... I'm new to this car though. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thegoodservant
Attachment 159855

Hose in red circle is broken off from Blue circle. What is this in the Yellow circle?

Will this make the car run like garbage? Dumb question I know... I'm new to this car though. Thanks in advance for the help!
I believe that is your factory BCS, but the picture is too crappy for me to make it out...
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

Factory BCS = Boost Control S...? Sorry Iphone pic in the dark. It was attached to the gold bracket that also held the factory air box in place. Hope this information helps. If it is the BCS would that make the car run like garbage?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
yeah it looks like the stock boost control solenoid, can't really tell what's wrong because the pic is blurry
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

One of the hoses is broken off. The one closest to the end.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
oh why not just replace it then? probably takes like 10min max
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
That is your factory boost solenoid. And the vent nipple broke off. That line that used to connect to it, connects to the intake right?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Smile Heres a much better picture.

help with broken vacuum line...-img_0875.jpg
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
That is your factory boost solenoid. And the vent nipple broke off. That line that used to connect to it, connects to the intake right?
Yes to the intake! Will this cause the crappy performance I am having, including no power at medium to high rpm and dying at idle, knocking?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l888apex
oh why not just replace it then? probably takes like 10min max
Plan on it just probing to make sure this is my only problem. Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yes to the intake! Will this cause the crappy performance I am having, including no power at medium to high rpm and dying at idle, knocking?
Nope...
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

No that shouldnt cause your issues.

That line is just the vent line, the air the BCS is bleeding out to control boost. Normally it suppose to go back to the intake so you dont lose any "metered" air. But when you run a MBC, the bleed hole just vents to atmosphere and it dosent affect anything by losing the "metered" air (Im pretty sure its because the air is such a small amount).

So you can run with it just venting to the atmosphere and it doenst necessarily have to be vented back into your intake. If you wanna fix it, a used stock BCS is very cheap and can be found in the classified on this forum. Or you can grab a MBC. Or grab a 3 port solenoid but that needs tuning.

Next, do you happen to have a cable and EvoScan? If you do, get me a log and Ill take a glance at it for you.

EDIT: But you should plug the hole on the intake to make sure that it is not sucking in "unmetered" air. That right there may be the cause of your issues.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Oct 10, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

That line is just the vent line, the air the BCS is bleeding out to control boost. Normally it suppose to go back to the intake so you dont lose any "metered" air. But when you run a MBC, the bleed hole just vents to atmosphere and it dosent affect anything by losing the "metered" air (Im pretty sure its because the air is such a small amount).

So you can run with it just venting to the atmosphere and it doenst necessarily have to be vented back into your intake. If you wanna fix it, a used stock BCS is very cheap and can be found in the classified on this forum. Or you can grab a MBC. Or grab a 3 port solenoid but that needs tuning.

Next, do you happen to have a cable and EvoScan? If you do, get me a log and Ill take a glance at it for you.

EDIT: But you should plug the hole on the intake to make sure that it is not sucking in "unmetered" air. That right there may be the cause of your issues.
So the car had been a return to stock car (ran just fine) I over the weekend installed a complete Injen intake and intercooler hose kit. For the first bit it ran great I tried a few WOT pulls just to make sure there was no loose hoses I found 2 but got those fixed. Sorry no cable and evo scan how do I get them?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

So the car had been a return to stock car (ran just fine) I over the weekend installed a complete Injen intake and intercooler hose kit. For the first bit it ran great I tried a few WOT pulls just to make sure there was no loose hoses I found 2 but got those fixed. Sorry no cable and evo scan how do I get them?
You should do a boost leak test to make sure you didnt cause any boost leaks when installing the IC hose kit.

Here is the site for EvoScan and cables. http://www.evoscan.com/
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

So I plugged the hole but still knock and dying when pushing in the clutch. Knocking starts hard at 2500 or rpms. any more thoughts or just need to tune for the new modifications?

Quick Reply: help with broken vacuum line...