Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David I know that you didn't hit your goal of a an 8sec pass but you gave it one hell of a try so keep your head up. Also I am glad that this experience didn't deter your from Evo's but it steered you into a new direction. You are enjoying your car now and autocrossing with it now as many of us on this forum do. But what gets me excited is your passion of testing and pushing the envelope with these EVO's. So as a fellow autocrosser I can't wait to see what new future buschur racing parts will be out for autocrossing and road racing. Although this door has closed another one has opened so take full advantage it because I and many others can't wait to see what BUSCHUR RACING DOES NEXT!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear Dave. I really think you should give it another go. I mean one try is never enough after everything you just changed. Take what happen today, Learn from it and fix it. A few more passes and you may just do it. Calling it quits now is kinda like dropping out of high school in 12th grade. You got this man!

-Em
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am with Emery bro, like I said on the phone... your so CLOSE. All you need is a warmer track. DO IT, DO IT!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd agree with 12,000+ rpm, it won't pull the pin put of OUR pistons thug, proof is in the engine going another 8 or so passes! Haha. We've changed our piston design probably 10 times in the last two years, many of those changes in the pin and pin area of the piston.

Emery, thanks but it's not giving up after "today" it's after 2 seasons of trying. Too much money and time wasted on .05 seconds. All to say I have an 8 second street car instead of a 9.0 car.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its only a number. i really dont care what my car runs when its done. i just want a car i enjoy driving. and by enjoy, it better scare the chit out of me.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I'd agree with 12,000+ rpm, it won't pull the pin put of OUR pistons thug, proof is in the engine going another 8 or so passes! Haha. We've changed our piston design probably 10 times in the last two years, many of those changes in the pin and pin area of the piston.

Emery, thanks but it's not giving up after "today" it's after 2 seasons of trying. Too much money and time wasted on .05 seconds. All to say I have an 8 second street car instead of a 9.0 car.

you are too close! Actually, really just about 60 ft away.

-Em
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Wow... Ever since I've had my car. Badbish has been famous, glad to see it's still running strong. I'd like to see you give it another go or two.

If not, can you pm me the dog box shipped to 80128
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

U were really close Dave , sorry u didnt do the 8seconds as u wanted , Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:31 PM

Since you got to experience both the 2.1 and the 2.o, in all honesty, which motor did you like the best? I'm sure both have their + and -'s. Since my build is starting shortly I'd love to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

You know my thoughts....

Sorry today didn't turn out the way you wanted. I wish I could have made it out there today.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

i hear your frustration & understand the desire to move forward. but i say park her for a day or two & then make the changes if your still in the same frame of mind.

(clutch slipping aside) you've spent the money, got her put together with all you'd need to achieve your goal. today may not have been the day, but the reality of it is that the only thing you need at this point is a tail wind or the right alignment of the stars

seems like a shame to have come so far, be so close to your goal & change direction.

this may just be me, but i know when i set a goal for myself & back down or change my mind, a few years later i always find myself thinking "i was "there" .... wish i had just given it one more shot"

all i'm saying is don't pull the trigger too fast or in the wrong state of mind (like after spending a whole day of trying unsuccessfully)

keep up the good work dave & good luck regardless of what direction you decide to go with her
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Dave, you should never stop trying! I know you say that it's over but it isn't. In a few years or even longer this will come back up and you'll be back at it again, and rightfully so! You should never stop pushing forward and completing you goals or it will haunt you in the future, I PROMISE!

Last edited by Aaron20; Oct 12, 2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, what a shame the goal wasn't accomplished. I am sorry you couldn't do it but hey. Thank you very much for proving to all car enthusiasts that the evo is a car that you can drive to the track (on slicks), run 9's, and drive it back home hahaha. You really are an innovator in the Evo game and I can't wait till I can afford to send my car to ur shop to get built.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

So you quit?

Why? That car can run 8's we all know it.... do it already.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by compscibOi
So you quit?

Why? That car can run 8's we all know it.... do it already.
He's not quitting, he's just taking the car a different route. Like Dave said "Too much money and time wasted on .05 seconds."

Quick Reply: Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale