Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by munster87
He's not quitting, he's just taking the car a different route. Like Dave said "Too much money and time wasted on .05 seconds."
.05 seconds... do you realize how small that is???

When someone sets a goal, and they stop after trying, that's quitting. What else would you call it?? LOL!

The car is so close, why??? We all know he can do it... Cmon Dave
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn Dave!! You could have just put a small brake kit on the front and done it by now! You could have saved yourself alot of money on the Dog box and everything. Just put the damn small brakes on, get a 15" wheel w/ a real slick, blow 8 seconds face off, put your regular brakes back on, and enjoy.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Just to think about it.... if you were going to put a dogbox in the car, whats wrong with a small brake kit? The dog box makes it much more of a racecar then the small brake kit would IMO. I would rather change a set of brakes before I change a trans any day. Just my .02....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

^i agree with lillev23, how about you trade off the dog box for some small brakes and proper tires.

DOGBOX=drag car

Small Brakes=8 sec street car

you can do this Dave the people want to see it.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

I say good job Dave!! A 9 sec Street Car is respectable; although I would love to see the Bad Bish do an 8 sec pass. Are you planing on staying with the current engine set up for autox? Whatever direction you go I'm sure that it will be an interesting read.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys sound like gambling addicts. "just one more pull! Damn! Ok, one more!"
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Damn, I'm on the cheering crowd for a Bad Bish 8sec pass, but was your goal on Pump Gas? I didn't read anything on running it w/ Race Gas......

Anyways Great Job
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

A dogbox is perfectly streetable. Small brakes is def more of a "race car" mod.

Dogboxs RULE!

Fathouse
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

i say give it another go. your So close and you know the car can do it why give up. what if in a year you regret not being able to say "i went 8's". its just something id want to get out of the way.
i want a dog box in my evo so bad. Pm a price.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

^^^thats dumb you have a stock turbo, spend the $8K elsewhere lol
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fathouse
A dogbox is perfectly streetable. Small brakes is def more of a "race car" mod.

Dogboxs RULE!

Fathouse
I think I just would have rather spent the cash on a small brake kit before I bought a dogbox. Way more tire options. You say that fathouse, but it seems like there are more and more people DD small brake kits (myself for one). I've never heard of anyone DD a dogbox whether you have the $$ to or not. Just doesn't make sense to me to put that badass of a trans in a street car. A well-built synchro trans will do just fine in a street car.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lillev23
I think I just would have rather spent the cash on a small brake kit before I bought a dogbox. Way more tire options. You say that fathouse, but it seems like there are more and more people DD small brake kits (myself for one). I've never heard of anyone DD a dogbox whether you have the $$ to or not. Just doesn't make sense to me to put that badass of a trans in a street car. A well-built synchro trans will do just fine in a street car.
I just got in the ams small brake kit, I plan on DDing them, just saying a dogbox is perfectly streetable. But yes its crazy money for sure

A proper built synchro box will only last so long on a big big power high rpm car that gets beat on. The synchros can only take so much shifting fast at 9k+ It don't matter who puts it together.

Fathouse
Old Oct 13, 2010, 09:03 AM

Wow I am really sorry to hear this Mr. Buschur. I know we don't know each other but you single handly have been my main inspiration on how to build my own Evo 8. I have a ton of stuff in my shopping cart that I have yet to purchase off of your website. lol. My car is pretty much getting built this coming winter/spring just in time for the summer. I was never really a "drag" type of person but I have always been curious on how it will do. This is really sad to hear, and a sad day in EVO history as well , but I hope whatever plans you have for the car now I hope it works well for you. Good luck to you Mr. Buschur!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

wow! Sorry to hear your day of non-stop bad luck. It is nice however to see a guy who is willing to let something go and move on. Yea a drag only car is sweet, and going 8s is insane, but most of the people who own an evo wouldnt dare take a saw-all and start cutting things up. Taking a $50+ Evo and making a trailer queen still kills me. It still amazes me that you have full street trim looking like the day it came off the showroom floor. Complete down to the radio delete. We are all very thankful for everything that you guys do, and will continue to do for the Evo community.

And whatever you do with the "bad Bish", we will all support and continue to support one of the best american made shops!!!!!

btw, 9.0 on a full interior car, is nothing to be upset with. Thats still absolutly crazy!!! Nevermind the fact you can drive it to the gas station to fill up.

Quick question for you tho, How the hell do you guys get away with running without a cage? Jersey tech inspectors will chase you down and give you a warning at 11.5 to watch it!!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
Calling it quits now is kinda like dropping out of high school in 12th grade. You got this man!
-Em

Best Statement Ever.^^^^^^^^

Keep at Dave. You are to close to not get it done!

Quick Reply: Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale