Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The HTA82 won't make 640 whp at 30 psi of boost on my car. It does offer better low/mid but won't make the peak power I want.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:33 AM
SME
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still have that front facing kit?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too think it may be a more enjoyable task if you didn't put the time constraint you put yourself through however i understand the itch to set the record i just hate to see you stop now!

For the sake of discussion i'd be interested if you cared to share the diff in the shift times from the synchro trans to the dogbox if you paid attention to that while reviewing logs

Keep at it i for one do enjoy reading the posts, the trials, and the tribulations!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Compared to a fresh syncro'd trans and a fresh Tilton, no difference. With a dog box though you don't have to have a fresh $5500 clutch.

Yes, I still have the FF kit.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:41 AM
Evolved Member

Did I read that right??? John Shep's Talon was back on the track?! Talk about a legendary car I would love to see run again! Good effort Dave. In my mind it might as well be an 8 sec. car. It is more important that you stuck to your guns on ideas concerning the OVERALL capabilities of the car.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

I would be happy to trade you my BR 2.3 for one of your old 2.1's or even your 2.0. I need RPM's for where I want to go with my car.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

how much for the tranny?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

$1800 for the trans, no core needed.

Thanks for the offer on the 2.3, I'm not changing the engine.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

I've always enjoyed reading your stories. Always a good read. Sorry you couldn't reach your goal, theres always other goals to be reached
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:52 PM

Dave, are you going to continue using Tilton clutches?
I see you are selling two units, is that because the rebuilds are not working for your application or are you looking at a different brand?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

First, I've sold everything already. The only thing left is the turbo kit and I've decided to keep it until all my new testing is completed.

I am not using the Tilton's anymore. Too much money for new units, rebuilds are marginal when they come back at this power level and they do not last long enough on the street. A brand new Tilton makes a dog box not needed, it is amazing. I simply don't have nor can I justify the $5000+ budget for them anymore. The Exedy triple cerametlic is awesome, last for a LONG time, rebuilds are reasonable and with the STM clutch fork stop I think we can power shift it if needed.

I posted some pictures Jarrod took over in the show and shine section of the car when we went to the track last week.

More pictures coming when the new wheels/tires are on. I'm going to have limited time soon but plan to do some additional dyno work to really try to massage the power band on the car. Then it's time to put it away for the winter.

New trans showed up today, Dan has to take it apart and put some good stuff/tricks in it and the new clutch will be here shortly too.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:23 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The bottom line is, I'm just a car guy who loves messing with cars.
Mantra to live by. Good try dave, don't let it get you down. You have a fast car, just keep having fun with it
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
where is this video David? I want to see some of the action.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
First, I've sold everything already. The only thing left is the turbo kit and I've decided to keep it until all my new testing is completed.

I am not using the Tilton's anymore. Too much money for new units, rebuilds are marginal when they come back at this power level and they do not last long enough on the street. A brand new Tilton makes a dog box not needed, it is amazing. I simply don't have nor can I justify the $5000+ budget for them anymore. The Exedy triple cerametlic is awesome, last for a LONG time, rebuilds are reasonable and with the STM clutch fork stop I think we can power shift it if needed.

I posted some pictures Jarrod took over in the show and shine section of the car when we went to the track last week.

More pictures coming when the new wheels/tires are on. I'm going to have limited time soon but plan to do some additional dyno work to really try to massage the power band on the car. Then it's time to put it away for the winter.

New trans showed up today, Dan has to take it apart and put some good stuff/tricks in it and the new clutch will be here shortly too.

dave do you feel you will be able to shift the Exedy triple plate as quickly as the Tilton being its heavyer? i just bought a new triple plate as well and am hoping i can still bang gears.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I am hopeful that the shifts can still happen at WOT.

Quick Reply: Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale