Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish's 8 second attempt over, the story and list of parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the rear diff upgrade help the short track times? I can't tell due to your reports of the car completely blowing the tires off. Is there anything in the logs vs incrementals to prove it beneficiary (for a regular Joe's 9 sec car)?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
dave do you feel you will be able to shift the Exedy triple plate as quickly as the Tilton being its heavyer? i just bought a new triple plate as well and am hoping i can still bang gears.
Exedy triple is one of the easiest clutches to shift. With a new trans, and Dan doing his magic to it, they shouldn't have any problems WOT shifting.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The rare diff brace broke on the third pass.

Today I decided on my new wheels. I bought q set of 17" bronze ce28n's and a set of 18" in Formula Silver. I was sure I'd keep the Formula silver........nope, I like the Bronze better. I can't wait to drive the car again. I want to see how the long rod 2 liter feels on the street.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So now it looks like mine did here parked next to the BAD BISH? If so, that sh*ts HOT bro!

Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The rear diff brace broke on the third pass.
My question was geared toward the internal rear diff upgrades.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

hahah, sorry c.gonzalez, I just came back to this thread and re-read what you asked, I thought you meant the rear diff brace! The brace broke, the rear diff upgrade I did I can't tell if it helped or not. The track was in the worst shape I've ever seen it as far as traction. I don't know if it was because it was cold (mid 60's) or what. Typically Norwalk hooks like crazy and nobody was having any luck that day. I think I'll notice the diff upgrade when I start playing with it on the street, around corners. As soon as Dan gets my new trans built I hope to put a few miles on it before winter. I quite adding information to the differential thread, too many haters for me. I'll update here or something once I have a better impression of what I did.

VWJeff, yes it looks similar but I never liked those particular CE28n's, the offset on them is incorrect for an EVO and the "spokes" never looked right to me, not enough dish in the wheel. I actually hated those wheels back then but some thread on here I was looking at had a set on a black car and I got wood from it, that's when I started looking at what the difference was and it was in the back spacing/rim width. I've got 17x9's with a +30 so they have a nice lip and dish. Same wheel but completely different look.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
Exedy triple is one of the easiest clutches to shift. With a new trans, and Dan doing his magic to it, they shouldn't have any problems WOT shifting.
I love my tripple. More money in the beginning, but better overall for my goals long term.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:12 AM

Sounds good Dave thanks for the testing and information you give.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Show us the video!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
hahah, sorry c.gonzalez, I just came back to this thread and re-read what you asked, I thought you meant the rear diff brace! The brace broke, the rear diff upgrade I did I can't tell if it helped or not. The track was in the worst shape I've ever seen it as far as traction. I don't know if it was because it was cold (mid 60's) or what. Typically Norwalk hooks like crazy and nobody was having any luck that day. I think I'll notice the diff upgrade when I start playing with it on the street, around corners. As soon as Dan gets my new trans built I hope to put a few miles on it before winter. I quite adding information to the differential thread, too many haters for me. I'll update here or something once I have a better impression of what I did.

VWJeff, yes it looks similar but I never liked those particular CE28n's, the offset on them is incorrect for an EVO and the "spokes" never looked right to me, not enough dish in the wheel. I actually hated those wheels back then but some thread on here I was looking at had a set on a black car and I got wood from it, that's when I started looking at what the difference was and it was in the back spacing/rim width. I've got 17x9's with a +30 so they have a nice lip and dish. Same wheel but completely different look.
Dave getting Hella Flush?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

I wanna seeming video. Can't wait
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Hella flush, hella sucks. I can't stand that look, ghetto if you ask me.