Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forced Performance 3794HTA now to come in Twin Scroll T4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
Bump for results from anyone?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-2-4-a-3.html
Old May 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by [I.R.A.]_FBi
Ya already saw that thread. Wondering if anyone else used this turbo and got other results. I've searched and found all the results. Only a few people posted their numbers. Just want more info, more tests etc...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm jealous bc mine is the T3 version . I'm still torn on what to go with a 2.2L setup, T4 3794 or T4 6765?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

So I learned a little something while installing one of these. The center cartridge is still a GT35 so there is little to no clearance the exhaust housing when installing the coolant and oil adapters/ fittings. Grinding/ cutting potentially necessary. Still probably a great turbo just not plug and play in this form.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by benderrodriguez
So I learned a little something while installing one of these. The center cartridge is still a GT35 so there is little to no clearance the exhaust housing when installing the coolant and oil adapters/ fittings. Grinding/ cutting potentially necessary. Still probably a great turbo just not plug and play in this form.
That would all depend on what turbo kit you used.. if the manifold is designed right to fit this turbo you wont have any issues..

Mike
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

in for results! Think it'll hit full boost before 6k?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
what is " full boost "?? 30,40 or 50psi???

Mike
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

I would love to see some of my Supra brethren try this turbo out.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
I'm hitting 40 well before 6k on the single scroll. Depends on engine size, MIVEC or not, and as Mike said how much boost. I hit 21 around 4200 or so.

Aaron
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
That would all depend on what turbo kit you used.. if the manifold is designed right to fit this turbo you wont have any issues..

Mike
Any twin scroll setup will be a nightmare. It was for me. The housings for TS are inherently bigger. This is well known and the housings just don't work so well and trying to get the turbo onto the housing and getting all the fittings to work was hard. Actually 8 hrs of labor I get to pay for.

But it was worth it.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I been thinking about the 6765 ceramic dbb in T4 1.15 TS.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports

Mike

No I'm referring to the exhaust housing of the turbo, entirely outside of the rest of the exhaust system. Just the T4 TS housing on this turbo blocks a decent amount of possible setup position and come very very close to most of the fittings and that was with the 1.00 A/R, calling forced performance they say its even worse with the 1.15 A/R
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by benderrodriguez
No I'm referring to the exhaust housing of the turbo, entirely outside of the rest of the exhaust system. Just the T4 TS housing on this turbo blocks a decent amount of possible setup position and come very very close to most of the fittings and that was with the 1.00 A/R, calling forced performance they say its even worse with the 1.15 A/R

Here is a photo of what benderrodriguez is discussing. You can see the grinding I did on the housing just above the fitting. This is an HTA86 with the 1.00 TS housing, but the concept is the same. The volute of the 1.00 TS housing curves out above the center section of the turbo enough that it is difficult to get the fittings installed and tightened with the exhaust housing installed. You could install the fittings with the exhaust housing off, but that then leads to complications in getting to the hardware that holds the exhaust housing on. Takes a little thought to get it figured out but it's well worth the effort!
Attached Thumbnails Forced Performance 3794HTA now to come in Twin Scroll T4!!!!-t4-exhaust-housing-mods.jpg  
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Here is a photo of what benderrodriguez is discussing. You can see the grinding I did on the housing just above the fitting. This is an HTA86 with the 1.00 TS housing, but the concept is the same. The volute of the 1.00 TS housing curves out above the center section of the turbo enough that it is difficult to get the fittings installed and tightened with the exhaust housing installed. You could install the fittings with the exhaust housing off, but that then leads to complications in getting to the hardware that holds the exhaust housing on. Takes a little thought to get it figured out but it's well worth the effort!
Is this gonna end up in the for sale section in two weeks or it actually going on the car?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Is this gonna end up in the for sale section in two weeks or it actually going on the car?
We have yet to ever see this guy or his car.

Quick Reply: Forced Performance 3794HTA now to come in Twin Scroll T4!!!!