Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

"Dynapack" opinions on the quality of tune on this type of dyno?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Dynapack" opinions on the quality of tune on this type of dyno?

DynaPack this is the dyno that u have to take the wheels off and it measures the power directly at the wheel hub...
If you read the info on it, it "sounds" good, but curious if its actually pruduces a better quality tune? I would assume things would change once the wheels go on...
Getting the BEST possible tune is the GOAL, not worried about a dyno graph!!! I can hop on a dynojet to get a WHP graph, later on...

Looking for opinions/input on this dyno, and your experiences, once the wheels hit the street. And whether the $500 investment is worth it on this dyno? Considering next best option is 2 1/2 hours away, but an MD...

Heres what they say about it...
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...topic=80032.20

Looking to keep this civil, not trying to start "dyno wars III" Not even sure if there could be a "dyno war" as I dont know of any1 else w/ this dyno...

TIA
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, its better to get a road tune if you can do that. A road tune will put the car under the actual load it will experience. Most dynos can not simulate real world loads. The next best option would be a Mustang dyno since those tend to put load on a car.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 313 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Pegasus
IMO, its better to get a road tune if you can do that. A road tune will put the car under the actual load it will experience. Most dynos can not simulate real world loads. The next best option would be a Mustang dyno since those tend to put load on a car.
i respectfully disagree.

The dynapak hub dyno is what my tuner uses.
It can simulate ANY load you want it to.
You could set it to hold 6000rpm on an engine producing 1000whp if you wanted to. (depending on what model hub dyno they have, there are torque limits)
once you have tuned all the zones etc (however your tuner tunes) then any good tune should be confirmed with a road test, to check for knock etc in real world environment.
You can change the run times, start and stop rpms, hold in specific load zones etc etc.

Road tuning is unsafe, and takes a long time.
Dyno tuning is safe, fast and better IMO.

Cheers, Mike
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ +1 to what you said and keep in mind a dyno is just a tuning tool in the end numbers dont mean anything if the tune isnt good . If your in SoCal (SD Area or LA ) I would recommend RRE or Reese.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
spoke w/ Mike @ RRE today, and he assured me theres nothing to worry bout... No changes will need to be made, once the wheels go on. And Im sure well go out on the road to log things on the street...