Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RNR o2 Downpipe... enough :(

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2003, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy RNR o2 Downpipe... enough :(

Alright,

I got my shipment last week when I was supposed to get it week before.. everything was okey. I was still happy... then the package finally got here but to the wrong address which was okey.. i drove about 20 miles to the ups store to get my shipment that day because i was vert excited.

The next day, I went to this shop where they installed my exhaust and stuff. I went there around 2:00pm (note that).. They started to work on my car by removing my radiator etc. Then they tried to put my downpipe on with the larger 02 housing.. well we tried for about an hour but didn't work( 4:00pm)... then we tried to figure out why it didn't fit.. and then after making couple phone calls to my other friend, we saw that it might be because of the holes on the downpipe! We were damn right that it was because of the holes. They weren't matching and they were very small.. so we made them fit for the car.. then put it on with the stock gasket (stock gasket was like new, only 2000miles)...
The car seemed running well until we found out yesterday that,
the radiator is ****#d up (might get a new radiator later) bc the fitment of the 02 housing wasn't well so the mechanic said we will have to take it off to fix it but won't be able to install it again because of the threads and the cut of the downpipe...Don't get me wrong, the leaking was because of the error i believe from the manufacturer.. so there will be a leak even if i put it again...
I guess i will need to buy a new downpipe..
I am pissed really pissed my braind had just stopped... I never thought about all this stuff when I bought it...
sorry and apologize for the grammer or if i offended anyone but i am very pissed at the moment...

thanks

Memo

Last edited by memo3; Dec 1, 2003 at 03:45 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't see how the downpipe could have cause turbo damage, the shop may be trying to pad their bottom line by trying to get you to buy a new turbo. Also, the radiator should be fine. Even with an exhaust leak blowing directly on the radiator it would be fine (just stained with carbon) unless it actually melted the plastic end tank. The end tank is not near the O2 housing so I don't see this being the problem.

I think RNR will give you a refund on the downpipe, or provide you a new one...but don't expect them to pay for a new turbo or radiator when it is the shop you are having do the install that is trying to pad their bottom line by telling you they were damaged.

Keith
Old Dec 1, 2003, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont care about the radiator neither a turbo. Of course i dont expect them to pay it for them...
that wasnt my point... i dont give a damn **** if they dont refund the downpipe.. I just wanted to share it to feel better...

Memo

Last edited by memo3; Dec 1, 2003 at 03:28 PM.