Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome!!! i wish i could afford this right now i hate saving up!!!!
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Can you post a dyno sheet?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by blitz118
Can you post a dyno sheet?
As soon as we get it on a dyno I will.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:38 AM

Days later..... ????
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

As soon as my car is completed and ready ro run with their turbo kit, I will take it to the dyno and will post the dyno sheets...

Memo
Old Jan 14, 2004, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
Days later..... ????
What exactly didnt I answer for you?
Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2004, 03:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think he meant were are the dyno sheets
Old Jan 14, 2004, 05:42 PM

Ha!! I'm just messing 'cause I'm so anxious to see the dynos and watch the development of your car. This turbo kit really interests me and I'm really anxious to see where the turbo spools up and what you think about the daily drivability (how smooth it is and all). I'm just a fanatical fan and rooting for MORE NEWS!!! That set-up looks so sweet...I think the shorty header may even be better, who knows. Thanks for letting us all spectate
Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
Ha!! I'm just messing 'cause I'm so anxious to see the dynos and watch the development of your car. This turbo kit really interests me and I'm really anxious to see where the turbo spools up and what you think about the daily drivability (how smooth it is and all). I'm just a fanatical fan and rooting for MORE NEWS!!! That set-up looks so sweet...I think the shorty header may even be better, who knows. Thanks for letting us all spectate
We are still waiting on the Dyno to finish. Meaning it is still being built by Mustang. Soon it will be ready and installed. Then we can Dyno at any time. Right now we are just trying to catch up on some prior work. BUT we are making arrangements to go to an AWD dyno in the coming week so that we can provide some more info to our customers. Thank you all for your patience. I will post some as soon as we get our pulls in.
And thanks again for your kind comments everyone. I think many people who have and will purchase the kit can see the quality and the time we have spent on it. We wanted to have a "bulletproof" product. So far we have exceeded our expectations with the amount of power this car can reliably make on stock internals and our kit.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Four words... GET SOME VIDEO MAN...

Sorry, little toasty tonight
Old Jan 15, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Nick, first of all I'd like to say that is a very awesome looking kit and am alos looking forward to seeing some dyno numbers.
However I have a couple of questions. I was wondering about this statement:
The AEM box is very stable. It does take some time to tune initially but the end product is unbelievable. At first we were all for sharing our mapping with members of the board. As we have found this is a very time consuming project and cant afford to give away tuning calibrations thru our specific strategys. We have worked very hard to come up with a product that is reliable.
Are you guys NOT going to offer pre-mapped AEM units with the kits?..... I was all for this kit until that caught my eye and threw up a yield sign. I don't have access to a 4WD dyno around here, and would really not like to tune on the street. Been down that road before with a turbo'd si and it was a nightmare. I could never get it right, setting off CEL's everyday. Don't want to travel down that same road again.

Is there anyway you would offer the kits with pre-tuned maps?...
Because I'd like to take a quote from the father of the info-mercial
Ron popeil "Just set it and forget it." Thanks Eric
Old Jan 16, 2004, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 3K
Hi Nick, first of all I'd like to say that is a very awesome looking kit and am alos looking forward to seeing some dyno numbers.
However I have a couple of questions. I was wondering about this statement:

Are you guys NOT going to offer pre-mapped AEM units with the kits?..... I was all for this kit until that caught my eye and threw up a yield sign. I don't have access to a 4WD dyno around here, and would really not like to tune on the street. Been down that road before with a turbo'd si and it was a nightmare. I could never get it right, setting off CEL's everyday. Don't want to travel down that same road again.

Is there anyway you would offer the kits with pre-tuned maps?...
Because I'd like to take a quote from the father of the info-mercial
Ron popeil "Just set it and forget it." Thanks Eric
I see where there would have been some confusion with my statement.
What I meant by not sharing is the fact that some other threads on the board had asked to share mapping profiles with the other vendors and members on this site. At first we didnt see a big deal with sharing some configurations. BUT after all the hard work we have put into tuning the box for our shop vehicle we have noticed that some may get a free ride when it comes to scaling their own maps. SO we provide only OUR customers with the mapping techniques we have come up with for MAF and conversion to MAP. The AEM is a great unit. We just want to make sure that our price is Justified.
So rest assured that our customers will get a chioce, depending on modifcations to the vehicle, between 15 different settings.
What a true PNP setup should be. Plug it in and drive.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

BTW the only CEL you would get with the AEM is a shift light.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't wait to see what this kit can do!!!
Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:19 AM

bump

Quick Reply: Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS