Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2004, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, very busy few weeks with installs for the evo customers on this site. We will post many pics in the next few business days. We should have various Dyno results this coming week too. Two of my customers will be attenting personal dyno days. That will be interesting to see what some tuners come up with. As far as Our personal shop vehicle, she is doing fantastic. It is just hard to get an AWD dyno in the area to let us tune. They all dont like giving up some responsability to another shop and vice versa. So we are waiting till our AWD dyno is installed in the comming weeks. BUT I will make arrangements for a few pulls at a local facility so as to see how we made out on our R&D vehicle.
Thanks to all the guys here on this site for the great responce to our products. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:10 AM

Hi,
I was looking into this kit and Im wondering if you have them in stock? You said that there are a few members from here that are getting their kit from you, can you name them so that I can personally ask them questions about their experience so far with your shop. Its tough since I had a previous shop charge my creditcard ahead of time and took 2 months before they finished up some parts for my Rx7. Cool looking kit by the way! Im very interested but I want some backround on your shop, nothing personal on you. have a good one!
Old Jan 26, 2004, 02:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think "degman" is getting a kit from them, not sure though . I think it will be an awesome value and should make good whp.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 07:32 AM

bumpppp
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by AlterEvo
Hi,
I was looking into this kit and Im wondering if you have them in stock? You said that there are a few members from here that are getting their kit from you, can you name them so that I can personally ask them questions about their experience so far with your shop. Its tough since I had a previous shop charge my creditcard ahead of time and took 2 months before they finished up some parts for my Rx7. Cool looking kit by the way! Im very interested but I want some backround on your shop, nothing personal on you. have a good one!
Hello AlterEVO,
Thank you for the kind comments. I dont like to comment for my customers or to give out their information. I have though And will foward this link to them for them to answer you personally. The majority of my customers seem to be quiet by standers that have surfed and come to the conclusion that this is the way they want to go. They really dont post much. Half of the kits sold have been over seas alone. We are in the process of finishing up two local units this week. So I'm sure they will post on this forum. As I have asked them to review HONESTLY about their experience with us.
Next I can however comment on two other speculated kits that are being installed as we speak. Their forum names are "AlDave" And "degman". Daves EVO will be done this week and dyno run at Altered Atmosphere this coming weekend.
Degman is comming in for a two day install after this horrendous weather we are having here on the east coast.
As far as Our qualifications, You are more than free to contact me personally if you like and I can answer many of your questions. PM me and I'll give you my direct extention.
Regards Nick.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Nick, PMed you a couple of times .. can you shoot back a reply when you're free ?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2004, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gunzo
Nick, PMed you a couple of times .. can you shoot back a reply when you're free ?

Thanks
I'm Sorry but I did not get one. Would you please try again
Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

PMed you again .. thanks !
Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

I am one of their customers and so far the service is great! Nick has been very heplful and answered all of my questions.

I will surely post comments after everything is installed and ready to run..

Memo
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:55 AM

OK, It's been a month. What happened?!?! Can you give us an update? I'm just really interested in how this set-up performs...but if it's causing hella problems or something could you let us know? Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

I am going there on Friday for installation..
I will post everything as soon as I get back from their shop

Memo
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:37 PM

Oh my God !!

Perfworks, my hat off too you. That is clearly Excellent workmanship. Well Done, every Vendor should look at what you have to offer, because you really have set the standard for customer service and workmanship.

Good to see somebody taking pride and there work again.

Once again well done......

Now the Questions:
Will these Staged upgrades be available to Austrlaian Customers?
I love what you have done with the Turbo Kit, but, do you think you could squeze that Air pod into the Gaurd ??? Makes for much cooler air ....
Is that the factory MAF sensor ?
Rekon you could convice Mitsu that this should come under Factory Warranty ?

How do you think that manifold will hold up with a big bad anti-lag system on the car??

The other thing I was a little unclear, on which factory items need to be removed for this mod ??

Cheers....

Keep up the good work.....
Old Feb 17, 2004, 03:07 PM

Thumbs up Great Shop

Although I had a problem with my IC pipe. I have the greatest respect for Nick. They did a great job with my car. I wanted to see how the new turbo setup worked with the Xede. Everything did not go as planned that day but at al very very low boost the car 320-340 WHP. The mistake I made during the setup was I did not have Nick supply a boost controller to the turbo (I thought the Xede could control the new turbo's boost and we rigged a manual controller during the dynoday to solve it.) The car will make between 450-500 WHP when tuned. The Xede does work with aftermarket setups. I am considering using the AEM unit but only if that damn SES comes on again.

David
Old Feb 18, 2004, 07:34 PM

perfworks,

When you mention EMS, I hope your not refering to this Product :-
http://www.enginemanagementsystem.com/

Had it in my REX, it was a nightmare ....

Quick Reply: Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS