Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by RIPWRX
perfworks,

When you mention EMS, I hope your not refering to this Product :-
http://www.enginemanagementsystem.com/

Had it in my REX, it was a nightmare ....
He is talking about the AEM EMS found at aempower.com

Keith
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dropped my car at their shop On Monday (yesterday).. hopefuly i will get it back on Friday..

Can't wait! I wanted to share with you guys...
I will try to post some dyno sheets afterwards!
Old Feb 25, 2004, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gunzo
PMed you again .. thanks !
LOL I still lost my own thread. Its been a little while since I posted. Please forgive me.
We have been working on a very large project and couldn't break away long enough.
But Let me get back to everyone now.
Gunzo, I think I may have come up with something for you. Let me get some specs together and contact you on thursday. Thanks for your patience.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by degman
I am one of their customers and so far the service is great! Nick has been very heplful and answered all of my questions.

I will surely post comments after everything is installed and ready to run..

Memo
Thank you Memo
Old Feb 25, 2004, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
OK, It's been a month. What happened?!?! Can you give us an update? I'm just really interested in how this set-up performs...but if it's causing hella problems or something could you let us know? Thanks.
Nope everything was and is going very well. We have been very busy and haven't gotten on the forum as much as I would have liked. I'm sorry.
As far as issues we seemed to have one on Daves car with the pipe blowing off under about 14psi of boost. Unfortunately I wasn't there to diagnose the problem. But from what I understand the piping and couplings needed to be more secure directly after the IC core. The core itself has a machined lip, but it seems that the piping will need some attention also. It is interesting because we haven't seen anything with any other vehicles. In any case the kit is still in its same form with just a few upgrades in WG design, downpipe fitment, and MAP uppipe.
We are still awaiting delivery of an AWD dyno to test our own projects. We are only weeks away it seems from this.
But I would like to get a little dyno day going once we are set. I'll keep everyone updated.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RIPWRX
Oh my God !!

Perfworks, my hat off too you. That is clearly Excellent workmanship. Well Done, every Vendor should look at what you have to offer, because you really have set the standard for customer service and workmanship.

Good to see somebody taking pride and there work again.

Once again well done......

Now the Questions:
Will these Staged upgrades be available to Austrlaian Customers?
I love what you have done with the Turbo Kit, but, do you think you could squeze that Air pod into the Gaurd ??? Makes for much cooler air ....
Is that the factory MAF sensor ?
Rekon you could convice Mitsu that this should come under Factory Warranty ?

How do you think that manifold will hold up with a big bad anti-lag system on the car??

The other thing I was a little unclear, on which factory items need to be removed for this mod ??

Cheers....

Keep up the good work.....
First, thank you for your kind comments.
We do take alot of pride in ALL the work we do. Its nice when people recognize this, because its what we strive for.

Yes the element can be placed in another location. At this point we found it to be the easiest as a bolt on configuration. We didnt want the enduser to cut, replace or remove anything. NOT that they necessarily would but just a thought as to our mindset.
Yes we actually have sent product to Australia for many other makes and models also. Just recently a forged internal package.
Yes it is the stock MAF.
BUT I must say it is a dream using the AEM with a MAP sensor.
It would be nice if mitsu recognized it is a very solid and reliable system LOL
The AEM has an antilag feature we will be testing in the spring. It isn't something we were worried about right now but we will see how we do when the time comes. The Manifold is made from high quality 321 stainless Steel. It was designed to take a tremendous amount of abuse, as any turbocharged application will inflict. The welding techniques used and the construction of the manifold have made it very durable. We have yet to crack a manifold in five years. So the track record is quite good. But it would be interseting the pretty colors it will turn with the antilag feature
And to answer your last question simply EVERYTHING in the old induction system comes out and this bolts right in. Not cutting or trimming. The IC, turbo, manifold etc will all drop in. The piping is straight foward. We provide a new Battery tray for you thats bolt up directly where the stock location is and the MAF can still be utilized .
If you have any other questions feel free to contact me on the forum or via PM
Old Feb 25, 2004, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Great Shop

Originally posted by alddave
Although I had a problem with my IC pipe. I have the greatest respect for Nick. They did a great job with my car. I wanted to see how the new turbo setup worked with the Xede. Everything did not go as planned that day but at al very very low boost the car 320-340 WHP. The mistake I made during the setup was I did not have Nick supply a boost controller to the turbo (I thought the Xede could control the new turbo's boost and we rigged a manual controller during the dynoday to solve it.) The car will make between 450-500 WHP when tuned. The Xede does work with aftermarket setups. I am considering using the AEM unit but only if that damn SES comes on again.

David
Thank you Dave. Again I wish I could have been there that day to to see exactly what had happened but it is resolved now and that is all the matters.
If you need anything let me know.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fourdoor

He is talking about the AEM EMS found at aempower.com

Keith
Thanks for taking the time to answer that for me.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by degman
I dropped my car at their shop On Monday (yesterday).. hopefuly i will get it back on Friday..

Can't wait! I wanted to share with you guys...
I will try to post some dyno sheets afterwards!
We will have you all done by friday evening. Give me a call on thursday.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait to see it so the other evo owners..
I will surely bringing more customers from eastcoast soon following with a big review on everything
Old Feb 27, 2004, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by perfworks

LOL I still lost my own thread. Its been a little while since I posted. Please forgive me.
We have been working on a very large project and couldn't break away long enough.
But Let me get back to everyone now.
Gunzo, I think I may have come up with something for you. Let me get some specs together and contact you on thursday. Thanks for your patience.
bump .. and still waiting
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by perfworks

Thanks for taking the time to answer that for me.
No problem! My AEM EMS is being installed as I type this, and one of the reasons I went with it is your thread here

Keith
Old Feb 27, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Great Shop

Originally posted by alddave
Although I had a problem with my IC pipe. I have the greatest respect for Nick. They did a great job with my car. I wanted to see how the new turbo setup worked with the Xede. Everything did not go as planned that day but at al very very low boost the car 320-340 WHP. The mistake I made during the setup was I did not have Nick supply a boost controller to the turbo (I thought the Xede could control the new turbo's boost and we rigged a manual controller during the dynoday to solve it.) The car will make between 450-500 WHP when tuned. The Xede does work with aftermarket setups. I am considering using the AEM unit but only if that damn SES comes on again.

David
Hi there,
If you need more info on how to control boost with the XEDE, check this thread out:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...389#post774389

Let me know if you have any questions,
Cheers,
shiv
Old Mar 9, 2004, 05:13 PM

What kind of numbers is this kit producing? I have been watching and waiting for more people to post numbers. I'd like to get one soon, so how bout some number's? Also, has anyone did the install themselves? Just trying to see have easy or difficult it is. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Dang, this kits is badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How hard is it to swap out the stock MAF to the AEM MAP sensor? I think the rest of the kits is pretty straight forward. I will be doing the installation myself, it would be very very helpful and exstremely wise for you to provide the end user with clear and detail install instructions on how to install the kits. Can't wait to see more results and dyno sheets.

Quick Reply: Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS