Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2003, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want it!!! i want to see some dyno pulls and 1/4 mile times, how reliable would my evo be with the stage 1? thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2003, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

i really like that
Old Dec 8, 2003, 04:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GotBoost25psi
i want it!!! i want to see some dyno pulls and 1/4 mile times, how reliable would my evo be with the stage 1? thanks!
We have the new shop going up this coming week. Then transfer the new mustang dyno and we will test it for all to see.
Stage one basically will make the induction setup alot more efficient in comparison to what is on the vehicle from the factory.
It should breathe alot better and spool up will come much much sooner. Expect at least 100 WHP increase with minor tuning of your fuel curve. We will be more than happy to do base line testing to back up all our claims.
As far as reliability is concerned, It all depends on your driving habits LOL
Depending how deep you go with the car. Like i said the great thing is is that the limitations of this setup are between 350 to 600 hp. Easily upgradable with simple fuel and EMS modifications only. No need to change any induction hardware to make a ton of power safely.
Note Stage 4 will include a complete Forged internal package as a complete short block assembly. The core is all we ask for in return.
If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me and i can get you the number to the shop.

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 9, 2003 at 04:44 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok, could you give us a price of the turbo kit , just the turbo/manifold/all lines/02 pipe. Also, are you offering a GT turbo?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Turbo kit :
No intercooler.
$2500 for the kit with a standard cartridge
$300 additional for the GT series from garret
Your choice of water cooled or not.
Please read the following posts for more clarification on page 4
Regards Nick

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 24, 2003 at 03:38 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

What's the name of your shop?

I'm curious because I'm somewhat local.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 07:29 AM
EvoM Guru

so let me get this right, you're offering a GT30 or GT35 series turbo with manifold,lines, 02 pipe, and external wastegate for $1900? or is this turbo still using the TO4 compressor housings. Im interested in a full GT turbo.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MrBonus
What's the name of your shop?

I'm curious because I'm somewhat local.
There are two. One in York PA for fabrication and the new one we are building here in jersey for installations.
The shop in jersey is called Turbo Performance Works
The York Pa shop is Wagner Motorsports.

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 9, 2003 at 08:37 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by superz
so let me get this right, you're offering a GT30 or GT35 series turbo with manifold,lines, 02 pipe, and external wastegate for $1900? or is this turbo still using the TO4 compressor housings. Im interested in a full GT turbo.
I will EDIT the post slighlty because the External was not taken into account. I had the pricing for the entire kit. Not broken up into just turbo so add $210 for the Gate and it plumbed in for you.

The kit includes:
Custom TPW TO4E turbo.
321 Tubular Stainless Steel manifold.
External Minigate.
Oil line kit.
Water line kit.
Downpipe with integrated O2 housing.

NOTE the unit will come preassembled. Removal of the old turbo and lines. And you just "drop" this one in. It has been fitted to set in place and be bolted on without disassembly or any further clocking of the turbine housing.
The turbo manifold and wastegate setup will be one piece like the pictures on the other post (first page)
$2500

For a GT series charger it will be $300 more.
I hope that clears things up. The previous post will be edited because it did not include the external.
BTW thank you for pointing that out.

If anyone is in the area the kit can be installed for an additional $200 labor and any additional fabricating needed to accomidate the system to any further mods you may have. (stock piping etc)
Also note that for $3700 you get a new FMIC and SS piping. It may be the better way to go. Unless some have already upgraded

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 24, 2003 at 03:39 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

We feel the pricing is quite discounted for the quality we are providing. It is for the members of this forum. Of course it helps to sell in volume. This post is just in case some were not clear with what we are trying to do.

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 9, 2003 at 08:39 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

That's a great price. I can't wait to see some dyno numbers.

Considering your proximity to Delaware, I'll keep you guys in mind when I go to upgrade.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MrBonus
That's a great price. I can't wait to see some dyno numbers.

Considering your proximity to Delaware, I'll keep you guys in mind when I go to upgrade.
Thanks!
It discounted quite bit for the forum members here.
I want to get a good name out for our new company and let people see what we can do.
Unfortunately it wont be that price for too long. But we will hold it for a while until we get some great responces in volume.

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 9, 2003 at 09:52 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 11:19 AM
EvoM Guru

What spec are this T04e turbo, trim etc.? What is the rpm it fully spools at? Sorry for all the questions but Im very curious about this kit. Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by superz
What spec are this T04e turbo, trim etc.? What is the rpm it fully spools at? Sorry for all the questions but Im very curious about this kit. Thanks
Well a couple of things. First i really dont mind getting into what turbo it is. We specifically had it made this way to spool up early. But it will depend on how much boost pressure you consider to be "full" we will run around 16-19 psi with the stock internals and fully managed.
It is a TO4E , 58 AR, on center turbine inlet with 4 bolt discharge and 54 trim compressor wheel and housing.
On various other eclipses that have the same turbine, we see 20-22 psi consistently at around 3200- 3400 RPM. Again every car is different. I will post results of our findings for a stock evo head and new turbo system once our tests are run this coming week.
I appreciate the questions and welcome them . Please feel free to ask anything you want.
Regards Nick
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:38 PM

why would you want to use an on center housing?

what turbine wheel?

You guys looking at this kit know its a straight T4 right?

Your talking 14 psi at around 4700rpm depending on the turbine wheel.

IMHO ther is no point in going straight T4 unless you are using a T61 Ptrim or larger. The GT 30 and 35r cover all the ground up until that point with much less lag.

Just wondering why did you chose that turbo, seems like a strange selection.

Will the tang housing work on that manifold with out hiting anything?
How about the downpipe?

Quick Reply: Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS