Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current induction upgrades for EVO8

Turbo Kit includes-
321 SS custom tig welded manifold (laser cut head and turbine flange)
External minigate rerouted into the DP or dumped directly into the atmosphere
Custom TO4E standard cartridge turbocharger w/ 4 bolt true 3" discharge and downpipe.
Integrated 3" DP and O2 bung for factory or WB fitments.
Dp will come flanged to fit any stock or aftermarket exhaust system. (It is made from 321 stainless mandrel bent tubing. Do not confuse them with 321ss cast elbows, that have a tendancy to crack under extreme heat)
Oil line kit that routes from existing stock locations.
Water line kit that reroutes from the existing stock inlet and outlet facility.
Also includes NON LIMITED warranty. The manifold is covered for the life of the vehicle. Along with the SS discharge flange and DP.
IF there are any problems whatso ever they are replaced immediately. (NOTE : In 4 years of providing high quality manifolds and machining services to private and commercial consumers we have NEVER had a manifold crack or warp)
The parts in the kit will utilize the manufacturer warranty. All kits will have a warranty summary included in the shipping paperwork for easy review and registration by the consumer.
All kits will also utilize a stock and customer number for excellent customer service responce and filing.

Price- $2500

Turbo Kit w/ Front Mount Intercooler and piping-
Turbo kit above
Custom FMIC utilizing efficient bar and plate design.
The IC assembly is good for power levels in upwards of 700whp depending on the vehicle modifications.
321 SS 2.5" lower IC piping with appropriate Turbonetics couplings and T-clamps
321 SS 2.75" IC discharge piping with appropriate Turbonetics couplings and Tclamps
Tig welded BOV or Bypass valve flange welded to the piping.
Raptor BOV from Turbonetics
New SS battery Tray and tie down
Various vacuum lines , bolts, washers, and associated accessories.

Again same warranty applies to the above products and services.
Price- $1400
If the BOV or Bypass in not needed please subtract - $200
SS MAF up pipe and filter element additional- $210

Fuel Injector upgrade - 650cc Wagner Motorsports drop in injectors $ 385
ARP head studs - $110

If the kits are ordered "complete" the price is $3900
That includes Turbo kit and IC setup.
If purchased with the injectors - $4225
They will include EVERYTHING needed to completely bolt on the kit without any issues at all. Depending on your mechanical ability it should take no longer than 4 hours to install. Also if AEM is purchased thru us you will be driving in half a days work.
We will have a specific tech line available ONLY for the EVO8 and and our customers.
Engine management:
Right now we are offering immediately the AEM plug and play units with tune maps for $1900. This utilizes the stock MAF and can be converted to map for an additional $200.

There are many more details and those interested are more than welcome to contact me directly for more information.
(856) 625 7394 Nick Owner of Turbo Performance Works
We believe that a "kit" is only as good as its customer support and engine management characteristics. We sincerely suggest the turbo kits being sold also include mangement that has complete control over the entire fuel and igniton spectrum.
That is why we choose the AEM.
Thank you all for your time

Last edited by perfworks; Dec 27, 2003 at 05:43 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2003, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds very promising. I can't wait to hear results on it's power and spool up.
Old Dec 25, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does that AEM EMS you sell come with the built in wide band or would that be extra?

Keith
Old Dec 25, 2003, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

It does not have the built in WB. That would be extra.
Old Dec 25, 2003, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Man that setup looks so good Drueling on my keyboard
Old Dec 25, 2003, 09:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what happened to the $1800 price for the turbo kit alone? I hope you will still honor the Pm's that were sent out before this new price. You did say before new years right?
Old Dec 26, 2003, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by superz
what happened to the $1800 price for the turbo kit alone? I hope you will still honor the Pm's that were sent out before this new price. You did say before new years right?
I have received several emails on the product. So much that is the reason for the retail pricing. The pricing that was quoted earlier, i mention that, i will honor those emails without any issue.
You are one of them.
The introductory price was to get the workmanship out for those to see. We have a great product to offer and i wanted people from the forum to recognize our products and services. The retail pricing offered is also very reasonable compared to the items you receive including our support, time spent designing and the quality of the materials used to produce the units.
Thank you all for your responces.
Old Dec 26, 2003, 07:45 AM
EvoM Guru

thanks Nick. I can't see a better deal out there for the EVO. I changed my mind about the GT series turbo as I see that its probably not the best choice for the street and lower boost. Most people are looking for the best street turbo and I feel that if we already use a 16G that is non-ball bearing we can also swap a good old TO4e in there.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

thanks Nick. I can't see a better deal out there for the EVO. I changed my mind about the GT series turbo as I see that its probably not the best choice for the street and lower boost. Most people are looking for the best street turbo and I feel that if we already use a 16G that is non-ball bearing we can also swap a good old TO4e in there.
Thanks for the kind remarks. We try to be resonable with our products and services. Something we have seen and learned from some great vendors here and on many other sites. Keeping a good business relationship with your customers is becoming more and more important.
As far as the turbo is concerned, trust me it isnt a plain old TO4E. It has been matched for this specific application. You will see once everything is up and running on your own vehicle the reason why we chose this option. To date no one is running this kind of a turbo on the evo other than us. It will be interesting to see what becomes of it after we have grown.
In our experience we just dont see any need in going with a BB if this particular turbo can last the life of the vehicle and much more with general maintenance. Dont forget it will be water and oil cooled.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by perfworks

Very good questions.
Our kit comes preassembled. What do i mean by this? The turbo manifold and downpipe "drop in". The wastegate is already attached and plumbed. The FMIC is a direct replacement. The IC piping is specific and R&D'ed for that vehicle and equipment supplied. The only issue anyone will have will be with connecting to an existing exhaust hanging on the vehicle. A kit is sold and shipped without prior spec to the modification to the vehicle. BUT we have found that by providing a downpipe that is preassembled and bent under the car with a flange works best. We also supply a flange to connect to the existing setup. All that would need to be done is to cut further down the line and weld in the flange. NO leaks And the ease of installation is at hand.
Everything else is all bolt in to the stock setup.
We feel confident you should never have any issues.
Hi Nick, I have just been forwarded this thread by a friend and I am truly impressed by your turbo kit. However, I am unsure by what you meant above by "The only issue anyone will have will be with connecting to an existing exhaust hanging on the vehicle...BUT we have found that by providing a downpipe that is preassembled and bent under the car with a flange works best". I am presently using a HKS Downpipe (which has the same stock bent and flange) -- do I still need to cut-and-weld anything?

From the pics posted earlier, I don't see the same two-bolt placements to connect to the downpipe? But rather a clean pipe, which means that welding is necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Newsboy; Dec 28, 2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Hello Newsboy,
Let me clarify what i mean and what comes with the kit as a shipped order. The downpipe incorporates its own O2 housing. Meaning that because we use a larger true 3" discharge, than any other turbo on the market right now, the downpipe has the plumbed external gate dump and O2 bung into it right after the discharge. It will connect to only to our turbo discharge though. The end will be pre bent 90 degrees under and past the oil pan. At that point we have a 3 " - 2 bolt flange to connect to an exhisting or aftermarket exhaust. We supply another 3" SS flange to the consumer for weld on to their existing setup. If the consumer is not able to weld the flange then we will provide bandclamp to the existing setup. It would be nice to have a downpipe that can do it all. BUT we are not in the market to sell downpipes or exhaust in general. We do want to provide our customers with the proper fittings though for our setup.. We concentrate mainly on upgrading induction, engine and EMS tuning.
I will post a pic for you to see how far we go with it.
Im sorry if the downpipe doesnt bolt up like how you would like but if i can get some specs from you maybe we can come up with something. I am always looking to take care of all my potential customers.
The down pipe is the only thing that is NOT a direct replacement. EVERYTHING else bolts right up to the stock locations.
If you have any other questions feel free to post and i will answer them for you.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Here is a pic of how far the downpipe will go.
Attached Thumbnails Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS-0403.jpg  
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:24 PM
EvoM Guru

good set-up. Any shop with a mig welder could adapt that to any downpipe. I have a mig so it's cake in my case. Nice set-up!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:26 PM
EvoM Guru

one more question, does the stock MAF to turbo pipe slip onto your turbo? Or does the kit include the new pipe?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

one more question, does the stock MAF to turbo pipe slip onto your turbo? Or does the kit include the new pipe?
We have our own 321 SS up pipe kit, MAF adapter and filter. It includes the bung for the bypass valve and all the couplings and clamps needed for the install. It is $210.

Quick Reply: Staged upgrades for the EVO8 with EMS