Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Post your Synapse DV config and results

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011 | 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Yeah I've tried as many as three whole turns but it didn't seem to make a difference.
Hopefully Synapse will have an answer for you. Let us know what they say and what there gonna do for you. Maybe they will just replace it with a new one or send you a new spring. BTW are you sure that your flanges are in correctly. I know when i put mine on they gave me some trouble, but i thought i read somewhere that if those are not securely in place it can cause the DV to leak.
Old Aug 28, 2011 | 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure what has happened but the flutter I was having has gone away The only thing major I changed was tightening the wga.
Old Aug 29, 2011 | 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
Not sure what has happened but the flutter I was having has gone away The only thing major I changed was tightening the wga.
Good to hear!!!
Old Aug 29, 2011 | 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

First off, i run the smaller synapse valve on a 2.3L evo 8 on e85, w/hta-grn.

I love the valve, but the oem spring didnt work for me. Funny thing is, it does work for other people without issue.

So i tried several springs & found 1 that worked best for me. My bov now behaves like the oem metal bov, but is more responsive & holds a lot more boost due to the amazing synapse bov design.

I have sold this spring to people on this forum & locally to owners of evo 8/9/X's who previously had issues like your describing. This spring solved their problems.

pm me if anyone is interested.

cost of the spring isnt much w/shipping, paypal, etc.

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Aug 29, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011 | 11:03 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC

I love the valve, but the oem spring didnt work for me. Funny thing is, it does work for other people without issue.

So i tried several springs & found 1 that worked best for me. My bov now behaves like the oem metal bov, but is more responsive & hold a lot more boost due to the amazing synapse bov design.

I have sold this spring to people on this forum & locally to owners of evo 8/9/X's who previously had issues like your describing. This spring solved their problems.

ABY-

pm me please- Id love to try one.

cb
Old Aug 29, 2011 | 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

So i tried several springs & found 1 that worked best for me. My bov now behaves like the oem metal bov, but is more responsive & hold a lot more boost due to the amazing synapse bov design.

Aby, do you think the new spring will help with the issue I'm having a few post back? I also sent you a PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011 | 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Aby, do you think the new spring will help with the issue I'm having a few post back? I also sent you a PM.
maybe.

my issues was most bothersome when in 5th gear & trying to merge on the fwy... anything over 6-10psi, the valve would just cycle.

i also had issues in 4th on fwy/street & also on the street in 3rd, same scenario.

oem spring = bov flutter with small throttle inputs above 6-10psi or so.

new spring = mr bov like drivability on fp-blk, hta grn, e8 w/10.5, all on 2.3L, e85, s2 cammed motor.....3 differnt turbos, never made a bov adjustment

Chad, i will get you 1 sent out tomorrow.
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

So i tried several springs & found 1 that worked best for me. My bov now behaves like the oem metal bov, but is more responsive & holds a lot more boost due to the amazing synapse bov design.

I would also like one. Please PM me, I can PayPal you today.

Last edited by jyamona; Aug 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jyamona
I would also like one. Please PM me, I can PayPal you today.
Not sure if you meant to send this to me, but im not selling selling a synapse DV nor did i sell one to him but you can order one through there website. http://synapseengineering.pinnaclecart.com/
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

sorry about that, I quoted the wrong person. The mobile site sucks haha
Old Sep 2, 2011 | 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CBRD
ABY-

pm me please- Id love to try one.

cb
Spring, spring seat & instructions sent.

I recomend Push mode, B port only, 2 turns of preload & go from there

Tracking number has been pm'd

Please let us know how it works out for you.

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Sep 2, 2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2011 | 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

I was having fluttering with the stock ix dv. Did a BLT and had a small amount of leak from it also, so I got the Synapse. Started in pull mode, b port, zero preload. Got a lot of flutter in lower rpms after lifting off part throttle. Switched to push mode and it seemed about the same. Swapped in the lighter spring I got from aby@mil.spec and put in 2 turns of preload. Flutter issue seems almost completely gone. Only got a very small duration flutter in 5th when I was really trying to get it. Very happy so far. I'll drive some more on this config and maybe experiment some more.

New to turbo cars. What would be the outcome of too light of a spring, too little preload, or no spring at all?
Old Sep 6, 2011 | 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor

^ Try taking both turns of preload out.

I have some lighter springs that i tried in my car. i really had to add a bunch of preload. the spring behaved well, as it was a lighter rate as well....just not enough preload/seat pressure with it. but this was with a fp-blk...

GL & keep us posted.

i may have to get different springs made w/different seat pressure & rate

aby
Old Sep 8, 2011 | 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Just got done with my tune at AMS and im getting some weird jerk/flutter at 2k rpms. Not sure if it is in every gear cause i only have noticed it when im starting out in first and once i get to 2k rpms it jerks and then if i shift early and if the rpms drop to 2k or below it will happen again. ( i very rarely ever notice it in 2nd cause i usually dont shift that early for the rpms to drop that low. Mitch and Chris at AMS weren't sure if the DV was the issue but im beginning to think it is. What do u guys think and what can i try and do to fix this???
Old Sep 10, 2011 | 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

I just relocated the DV to the UICP. It was pushing up on the radiator hose before. I rerouted the vacuum hose and capped the ends of the metal tubing it was attached to. I had some extra caps and put on on the A Port of the DV valve. When I test drove it it didn't seem to be spooling as quickly as it used to. I took the cap off and "seemed" to spool much faster....placebo? Or would capping off the end cause that?

RELOCATION

CAPPED OFF B PORT

UNCAPPED B PORT

Quick Reply: Post your Synapse DV config and results