Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Post your Synapse DV config and results

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
OK back to report.

Using the stock spring on pull mode- port A was like 95% perfect.

Switched in the Aby spring and its 100% now, no surge, no bucking no nothing, 100% just like my OEM valve.

Just FYI. You might as well just get the Aby-mil-spec spring right off the bat. The spring has a lower spring tension then the synapse spring, but of course there is going to be some over lap in preload on the Aby spring to the supplied spring. But my point is, no body really goes past 50% preload on the supplied spring, but many ppl need less spring tension than the supplied spring....so you might as well (because its cheap and easy to do) get the Aby spring, start there, and add preload as needed. That's my $0.02.... I'm gunna try B port just for ****s and giggles.... even though it drivers perfect as is... wonder what the difference will be.

Thanks Aby.... got the throttle body seals installed too today and they're great =)

Edit: tried port B this afternoon... gave me some 6th gear bucking.... so of course I'm back to port A pull mode, no preload.... just like stock
I agree: The Aby Mil-Spec spring is the way to go. I'm in push mode, port A, no problems at all.
Old May 15, 2012, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm beginning to think it's turbo dependent. When I had my BBK full, I tried every setting and the only one it liked was Pull mode port B with vta A port. When I got my BB Black installed, it kept surging like crazy on that setting and the other day switched it around a couple ways and found that it's best pull mode B + A. I'm ordering the "Aby Spring Mod" when I get paid to see if that helps with other configs.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
switched to Pull Mode, Port B, Aby's spring, no preload. MUCH better. no more mid corner, throttle-lift bucking. I'll keep messing with it to see just how smooth I can get it (it's probably 95% now). I've got my little synapse adjustment kit in the car at all times.
Settled on Pull Mode, Port A, Aby's spring, no preload. It's 100%, it simply never interferes with my driving at all.

I just hope it won't leak the way it did in Push Mode, Port A.

I'm done messing with this ish.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone had this issue yet?

Name:  IMG_1956.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  76.0 KB
Old Jun 4, 2012, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by getsideways
Anyone had this issue yet?
Whoa!!! How'd you do that??
Old Jun 4, 2012, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first time i was taking the Recirculating hose off and when i tugged on it cracked, they warrantied it even after explaining that it was probably my fault.

However the replacement one they sent cracked after a few miles of use, this time i was extra careful on install, it literally blew right off my UICP while doing a pull, Cracking the same way as pictured.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ?????

Originally Posted by tim85851
hey, im wondering why people are resorting to using these brass fittings shown in this picture:

instead of using the ones supplied with the DV shown here:

in the evo specific kit they are shown right next to the vacuum hose that they provide:

do those not work? or something? or are they not provided with the kit?
i ask because i plan on ordering the DV soon...and saw a video and some posts saying not to use the Boost Connect™ fittings because with flex they tend to leak?...

Thanks!
Ive been reading all through this thread and first off i have the mini dv and i have it push type and both a + b connected, no fluttering what so ever.. but i read something of having it pull type .... whats the performance or drivability diff if I'm rich now not having any problems in push type.
PLEASE Send more cuz I'm really happy with it, and if there are mods to make it better performing well won't be great o know its advantages?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
My advice, if you say you have no problems and it runs perfect.... than don't touch it, there are no performance benefits push vs pull to my knowledge other than trying to make it perform like stock (in the case where stock performs perfectly). Because there are so many factors which will effect how the valve works push vs pull just gives you more flexibility to tune the valve to your setup, as well as the port configuration.

I am now tuned to 28psi, stock turbo, pull type- A port, perfect setup just like my OEM valve... couldn't be happier.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

does the Aby spring have any effect on the amount of boost the valve can hold without leaking?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by AreSTG
does the Aby spring have any effect on the amount of boost the valve can hold without leaking?
Nope.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

pretty sure the synapse now comes with a new type of spring.
i just ordered mine and its in the mail.

of course got the Aby just in case as well

I'm going to shoot for Pull-A
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a question for those that are running this with an mbc. Do have the mbc teed into the line running to the dv or r u running the mbc off of the j pipe port? Im asking because I'm gonna switch to an mbc but Synapse once told me that doing that can cause the dv to flutter
Old Jul 9, 2012, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
I have a question for those that are running this with an mbc. Do have the mbc teed into the line running to the dv or r u running the mbc off of the j pipe port? Im asking because I'm gonna switch to an mbc but Synapse once told me that doing that can cause the dv to flutter
That's correct. this item works best with a dedicated vacuum source. that's the first thing to do, get all your vacuum sources sorted, THEN start tuning.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Well after two months of listening to flutter and compliants from my wife about the horrible sound.....i went on-line to this topic......

changed to

pull mode and connected to "B" port....there is zero did I say zero, zero flutter.......wow and it's now holding rock steady at 27.9 PSI.......love it......
this is everything I'd have hoped for......Thanks EVOM...you all are the best....
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by evoiao
Well after two months of listening to flutter and compliants from my wife about the horrible sound.....i went on-line to this topic......

changed to

pull mode and connected to "B" port....there is zero did I say zero, zero flutter.......wow and it's now holding rock steady at 27.9 PSI.......love it......
this is everything I'd have hoped for......Thanks EVOM...you all are the best....
Glad you got it worked out...

I auto-x my car last weekend and this valve worked amazing....... smooth as silk...my config is already listed above, just wanted to chime in on my auto-x experience as on/off throttle is very important.

Quick Reply: Post your Synapse DV config and results