Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

winter Project ''project 9'' by Evodan2004.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do you have a list of the current parts on your car ? i am getting excited about this back door intercooler setup cbrd always makes sick products.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
GL on your goal Dan. LMK if you need a hand ever I'm always around
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by evoliam
It sounds like you have your head in the right place to achieve your 9 pass, not just once but consistently.
Thanks a lot. I hope to run back to back 9s.

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
what cams are you running?
BR BF272s

Originally Posted by mrboost05
do you have a list of the current parts on your car ? i am getting excited about this back door intercooler setup cbrd always makes sick products.
Major parts are dog box built motor, full race twin scroll 3586, spark tech cop ignition, driven innovations manifold, and so on. I am on my cell phone so detail is not an option. Lol

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
GL on your goal Dan. LMK if you need a hand ever I'm always around
Thanks luke
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this will be fun for us,

Ive been talking to Dan since we built him one of our FIRST evo radiators over 3 years ago...

I am going to make sure this turns out awesome

cb
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

thanks Chad. i cant wait. should be wild.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dan thanks for posting up your plans for "project 9" the new mods sound great for achieving your goal i wish you the very best of luck!

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any ?'s i may be able to answer but you know you have many great resources here already

Sorry i can't remember but what tire will you be out on next season?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Hey Dan thanks for posting up your plans for "project 9" the new mods sound great for achieving your goal i wish you the very best of luck!

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any ?'s i may be able to answer but you know you have many great resources here already

Sorry i can't remember but what tire will you be out on next season?
pat you been a big help in this project since i started and i thank you for it and all your info.

right now the car has Nitto 555R DR's on it. i will most likely leave them on. i know there not ideal but it will have to do. once the goal is reached then i am adding E85 and RX-7 FD rims on slicks.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
was the turbine housing ported? those atp housings are really ugly inside.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
pat you been a big help in this project since i started and i thank you for it and all your info.

right now the car has Nitto 555R DR's on it. i will most likely leave them on. i know there not ideal but it will have to do. once the goal is reached then i am adding E85 and RX-7 FD rims on slicks.
You're very welcome Dan it's my pleasure to help out!

I am very sorry you had such bad luck with the QM clutch at the end of the season........trust me i know what it's like to put in long hours and lots of sweat only to realize that you'll be wrenching and sweating all over again w/o being able to at least enjoy the work put in the first place

The pay-off though after things come together is sooooo rewarding i always try and explain it to my family but i think only gear-heads like us truely understand and that's what should keep you motivated in this as i'm sure once you reach a certain level some of this becomes rudimentary but that's what's intriguing............ to see others go through a similar process and all the work involved.........im sure it brings back many memories for some
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice...definitely looking my forward to all the changes...sucks I never got up to Island to check out your car...my car has been a mess since the summer...I will definitely make a trip up to Island in the spring to check it out...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
was the turbine housing ported? those atp housings are really ugly inside.
yea it was cleaned up. there junk i know.

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
You're very welcome Dan it's my pleasure to help out!

I am very sorry you had such bad luck with the QM clutch at the end of the season........trust me i know what it's like to put in long hours and lots of sweat only to realize that you'll be wrenching and sweating all over again w/o being able to at least enjoy the work put in the first place

The pay-off though after things come together is sooooo rewarding i always try and explain it to my family but i think only gear-heads like us truely understand and that's what should keep you motivated in this as i'm sure once you reach a certain level some of this becomes rudimentary but that's what's intriguing............ to see others go through a similar process and all the work involved.........im sure it brings back many memories for some
thanks Pat. yea i hope the new clutch works out. i hope it will help me 60 foot better too. i think thats whats holding me back at the moment.

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Nice...definitely looking my forward to all the changes...sucks I never got up to Island to check out your car...my car has been a mess since the summer...I will definitely make a trip up to Island in the spring to check it out...
no worries and thanks for the support. lets hope next year is a continuation of the great year i had this year and i hope to see you there. if you need a hand let me know. maybe make a weekend out of it.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

kind of a boring update but i got both sway bars in from Buschur Racing today. i will take a pic if anyone wants to see what a bent bar painted red looks like. haha. and i will get some installed pics when i put them in. but thats not for awhile.

next to order is the FMIC core. i think i will order that on monday.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

O yea. and thanks to Ivey Tune for some no joke fast shipping on the injector O-Rings. thanks Sean & Sam.

now i will go put the car together and see if and where there is other leaks.

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Nov 18, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

why not just skip 100 octane and go right to e85. I don't see the difference for a true street car, both come from pumps.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
why not just skip 100 octane and go right to e85. I don't see the difference for a true street car, both come from pumps.
Closest E85 station I have is an hour away. 100oct is 5 minutes away. Double the price but I don't have to worry about not being able to fuel up.

Quick Reply: winter Project ''project 9'' by Evodan2004.