Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo engine builders: your opinions please

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo engine builders: your opinions please

I am very seriously debating whether I will be going green/ greenhta/ or red. Whats really difficult to find out is what kind of abuse the stock block and head will take. I already have arp headstuds installed and wonder if the arp rod bolts should be the next mod. i realize the red is most capable around 30 psi, but I dont think the engine would last at that kind of boost. I cant afford nor have the time to tear down and build up the engine. Also just adding that no matter what route I go, my tuner will get the tune perfect.

Could I have opinions on what turbo I should run for Daily "spirited" driving with mods as follows:
3" TBE
3" XS FMIC
ebay LICP
QTP 02 dump
ARP headstuds
HKS 272/272
Perrin silicone intake
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

You usually don't have to worry about the block till around 450wtq. Get a good tuner to help you reach your goals & stay at a safe level.

AMS is around Chicago btw.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jrah2987
You usually don't have to worry about the block till around 450wtq. Get a good tuner to help you reach your goals & stay at a safe level.

AMS is around Chicago btw.
thanks for the torque input... what about safe boost levels with the listed mods ( given a careful and safe tune )
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:45 PM

A good conservative tune will go a long way in keeping it alive. 30psi might be pushing it a bit.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dgrumpys
I am very seriously debating whether I will be going green/ greenhta/ or red. Whats really difficult to find out is what kind of abuse the stock block and head will take. I already have arp headstuds installed and wonder if the arp rod bolts should be the next mod. i realize the red is most capable around 30 psi, but I dont think the engine would last at that kind of boost. I cant afford nor have the time to tear down and build up the engine. Also just adding that no matter what route I go, my tuner will get the tune perfect.

Could I have opinions on what turbo I should run for Daily "spirited" driving with mods as follows:
3" TBE
3" XS FMIC
ebay LICP
QTP 02 dump
ARP headstuds
HKS 272/272
Perrin silicone intake
Green HTA or Red would be really good for Your's spec. Also HKS have a good bolt on turbocharger for Evo. Here in Poland stock block's and head Evo's are holding about 450 HP and 550+ Nm on MAHA dyno's (MAHA is approved by many cars producers and when it says for example 400 HP - that is about 450 AWHP on Mustang dyno's)