Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evosick2332 2011 "Junk Box" Build in Effect!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evosick2332 2011 "Junk Box" Build in Effect!!

UPDATE!!
Biggest updates on the last 5 pages or so!
Car will be fired up as today or tomorrow 4-12/4-13 2011!!

Hey everyone!, Well im sure some of you have seen my other threads and my car before, but for those who has not, im gunna give you a quick preview My season has come to an end. My last track day was 2 weekends ago with the car going the best of 9.76@142. My best 60ft to date is 1.42! I would have to say this season was a complete blast, had so much fun going to the track, racing, and just simply driving the car around. The shootout this year was one of the best weekends in my life, and I cant wait till next August, cant come soon enough. I went 10.0 at the shootout. the car was street tuned on 110. That was my best pass of the day, and in the first round, I raced John Shepard and lost in the Evo elimator class. It was awesome to race and be apart of the event. Since then the car had some changes, switched to E85, ETS 4" FMIC, STM 3" UICP, and did a little bit of weight reduction. Got it retuned and made 600 on a mustang dyno and went to the track after the shootout and went 9.93. Since then I went faster everytime at the track which lead up to my 9.76 pass. Car is so consistent and just ran flawlessly.

Before i go any further theres a few people i would like to thank. First off is Strictly Modified. These guys has done an amazing job for me. Been going to them for almost 4 years now and its been a great relationship with them and I couldnt be any happier with the car. All the long nights at the shop working on the car, and going to every track outing this year means alot. I recommend you guys give them or call or simply stop in there and see them, there point u in the right direction with the car and do excellence in work I also would like to thank Devin Shultz (Devin Tuned) for tuning my car this year. Devin has been tuning my Evos since 07 and its been nothing but success. The car is tuned perect. I also like to thank him for coming to the track and helping me out Quarter Master asked if i can test out there new prototype clutch thats recently has just came out on the market. I agreed and been using the clutch for a couple months now. Awesome clutch and i love it. I will never put any another clutch in my car. Spark Tech ignitions i have to thank for making a great product and they sent it to me asap in time for the shootout this past year. Recently i was put in there showcase and the spark tech family is great people and I look forward for the results and times next year with their awesome ignition system I know it was a long thanks lol but i have to give the respect and thanks where it due.

The build has started already. Sunday night we took the turbo kit off in prep for the new setup. The car is being dropped off at SM next week and the motor will be coming out. Im freshin up the bottom end and getting everything checked out. Im going high compression 10 to 1 motor this season with a Front Facing AWD 6765. Heres a quick mod list of what will be changed:

Built 2.0 10:5:1 Weisco High compression pistons/ Manley New TT Rods (1000+hp Rating)
AMS F1 Intake Manifold
Toxic Fab Custom Front Facing Manifold V-Band
Precision 6765
15 Rota Slip Streams/ Full sick MTs
10 point chromole cage with Shute mount (easy accessable to take off for the street)
Shep Trans Stage 4 trans w/ everything
Shep stage 3 t-case with quaife LSD
Freshly Ported head with new valves
Fresh New Quartermaster clutch
AWD Motorsports Driveshaft

Theres a few more things that were changing which ill update everyone when i do. The car will be on E98 this season and the goal is to make a 8 sec pass towards the middle to end of the season. I know its a big jump but i believe with time and dialing the car in it will not be out of reach

I have a few videos and pics from this past season along with new pics from the start of the build Ill update this thread a lot to keep u guys updated, thanks for everyone for the help and support and I cant wait till next season

Heres the 9.76 vid followed by a race against a Camaro at the track on a RSD event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQrpCe043nQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0GA64d3pYc

Here are some pics before the car was put away for the winter:

Last edited by Evosick2332; Apr 12, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats Joey!

You have accomplished ALOT this year I can only wait to see whats instore for next year!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Best of luck to you! We seem to have the same goals for next season looking forward to seeing how the cagework comes out!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Congrats Joey!

You have accomplished ALOT this year I can only wait to see whats instore for next year!
Thanks Jason! I cant wait either for next season either, some good times ahead. Cant wait to see ur car in person

Originally Posted by sho669
Best of luck to you! We seem to have the same goals for next season looking forward to seeing how the cagework comes out!
Thanks man! Good luck to you to Yea theres a place thats local to me that specializes in cages and there work is amazing. Im going there to get it done. It will be after the new year when it gets done.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't wait for next yr either!!

kristin
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the kind words Joe! Just like you we cant wait to help you succeed your 8sec pass. Alot of plans/changes are in store for you car/Strictly Modified this up coming race season and we cant wait!

Once the car is here I will help post pictures of the build progress to help keep those are interested updated!

-Cisco
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
Thank you for the kind words Joe! Just like you we cant wait to help you succeed your 8sec pass. Alot of plans/changes are in store for you car/Strictly Modified this up coming race season and we cant wait!

Once the car is here I will help post pictures of the build progress to help keep those are interested updated!

-Cisco

You are welcome man! That would be great to snap some photos when the car is at the shop! I cant wait to get this thing over to you guys and start on it. Next season will be crazy!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Heres a couple more pics, nothin special just where the car sits right now. Its on jackstands with no radiator and turbo kit and will be going to Strictly Modified on Monday to start!!

Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New build thread...nice!! Good luck man!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks man! Its was fun this past season over in the stock appearing class. Fp Black is still one of my favorite turbos, but i love front facing and i wanna go big so hopefully im making the right decision
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:58 AM

lookin good man
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AdamWest
lookin good man
Thanks Bud!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE! The weather was horrible in Chicago today you guys, like real bad. It was warm but terrible with rain and thunderstorms. I managed between that to get my car loaded on the trailer and get it to Strictly Modified. I got there and it was down pouring. So we thought we would wait a little bit and let it die down. Well the tornado sirens went off and i checked the radar and there was Red on the radar coming right at us. So we went out there in the pouring rain and unloaded the car. We were all soaking wet Thanks to the guys at SM for helping me get it off. We got it off in literally 5 minutes in the lighting and hard rain. Now the car is there for the new setup and everthing I took a quick pic nothing special, but there will more and more pics everyday updated on here. There will be more pics this week to come, Stay tuned!!!

Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

That camaro race was bad ***! Sick win! Look forward to the results from the new build. High compression FTW!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
That camaro race was bad ***!
Hell yes!

Quick Reply: Evosick2332 2011 "Junk Box" Build in Effect!!