Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

how much whp till double pumper is needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockmanX
double pumper yes please
what u think about stock ingition I was planning on using the stock one. i know i would make alot more power if with an aftermarket one.. but like i said before i want 550whp for now.. ill turn the wick up in the summer
Old Dec 10, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Is the head on your car ported? I think that with your build and Meth and the Black with a kill mode tune you'll be easily over 570 WHP and you're gonna need a double pumper. But there are heavy hitters on this thread who'll be better able to tell you for sure.
and nope im on a stock head not ported, not too worried about it i think people under rate how efficent the stock head an throttle body are IMO

i know people that are making 575-600whp all day with them and i plan on doing the same

I no if i were to UPGRADE them i would make more power but i dont think you HAVE TO
Old Dec 10, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is a rather dumb title, "how much whp till double pumper is needed".

First a double pumper is never needed, as you can always go with a big inline single instead.

Second, you should have made the title something along the lines of, "How much whp can be obtained from a single walbro"...
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got 501whp/417trq on e85 fpblack 25psi 1200cc 100% dc @6k rpms and up on a outdated power enterprise 245 fuel pump(recently took a dump on me ) now i switched to single 255 and now running richer then 245 fuel pump was.a/f target was 12.0 @wot. now im @11.5 range @wot with 255 wally .need a retune and detune a few maps. not going for peak power.more roadrace style tunes.low boost ..
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

I ran out at 428 whp on a dynodynamics on E70 with an FP red @ 28 psi . this is about 500 on a dynojet.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
what u think about stock ingition I was planning on using the stock one. i know i would make alot more power if with an aftermarket one.. but like i said before i want 550whp for now.. ill turn the wick up in the summer
unless your actually dumb enough to tune it with stock ignition and have a misfire which could ruin everything i suggest you get a COP if your planning 550 with meth. Get Spoolin UP Cop does not cost much and will ensure your not hindered in anyway shape or forum and will handle your eventual power increase. To be honest its going to be hard to make that 550 with a non ported head. All your doing is killing your flow but hey its your setup. Also dont understand meth users i would be more worried about that then anything else you mentioned. Most of the big major shops dont use that junk for a reason. knock suppressant octane raiser or not the bad far outweighs the good.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
To be honest its going to be hard to make that 550 with a non ported head. All your doing is killing your flow but hey its your setup.
I'm sure head porting is beneficial, but leaving it un-ported is not quite the power killer you're making it out to be. I'm making 600+ at 28psi with an un-ported head. I'm curious what I might gain from a cnc port job, but not so much to spend $1500 on the endevor.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

unless your actually dumb enough to tune it with stock ignition and have a misfire which could ruin everything i suggest you get a COP if your planning 550 with meth. Get Spoolin UP Cop does not cost much and will ensure your not hindered in anyway shape or forum and will handle your eventual power increase. To be honest its going to be hard to make that 550 with a non ported head. All your doing is killing your flow but hey its your setup. Also dont understand meth users i would be more worried about that then anything else you mentioned. Most of the big major shops dont use that junk for a reason. knock suppressant octane raiser or not the bad far outweighs the good.
were i live E85 is 30 miles away, being that it is my DD that would not work very well. like i said i have a few friends that have made 600whp on stock Intake Mani, I have seen people make 530whp with stock COP. so if it starts to missfire ill tell my tuner to back it down a little. i am aware stock cop and stock mani will hold me back but wont kill me

and meth is the only alterive for me to use every day, it is 93oct or 93oct plus meth and thats it... ill take the chance bec i wanna go fast
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
I'm sure head porting is beneficial, but leaving it un-ported is not quite the power killer you're making it out to be. I'm making 600+ at 28psi with an un-ported head. I'm curious what I might gain from a cnc port job, but not so much to spend $1500 on the endevor.
another person to back up what ive been saying
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

If you have to ask.... YOU NEED IT LOL
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
If you have to ask.... YOU NEED IT LOL
if i have to ask? that isnt true just seeing what people think on top of my oppin

i know i dont NEED at different head.

Im not sure about COP tho
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
if i have to ask? that isnt true just seeing what people think on top of my oppin

i know i dont NEED at different head.

Im not sure about COP tho
It was a joke man.. personally I threw one in just because I knew the power goals I was going for and spinning 9500rpms on just pump it would need the extra push. Unlike most I still use the stock FPR and no issues at all.. nice fat fuel curve all the way
for mod list see sig
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:32 PM

i hope ur at least smart enough to replace the head studs and gaskets!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

I say stiick with the single until ur maxed out on dc, see where ur at for power and if u want more upgrade but that is just my thoughts
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by outlawedracer
i hope ur at least smart enough to replace the head studs and gaskets!
haha yea im not that dumb.. i got springs and retainer also going in

Quick Reply: how much whp till double pumper is needed