Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

how much whp till double pumper is needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 5LEEPERISAH23I
were i live E85 is 30 miles away, being that it is my DD that would not work very well. like i said i have a few friends that have made 600whp on stock Intake Mani, I have seen people make 530whp with stock COP. so if it starts to missfire ill tell my tuner to back it down a little. i am aware stock cop and stock mani will hold me back but wont kill me

and meth is the only alterive for me to use every day, it is 93oct or 93oct plus meth and thats it... ill take the chance bec i wanna go fast
Just remember ever car is different just because you follow somebody else mod path does not mean you will get same results or not have problems or issues. It seems like you want to make alot of power without spending the coin on doing it getting some parts for nice insurance. Its your car good luck
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well every car is different but we all take chances, dont let someones OPINION make you decide.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...74-140mph.html
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Stock ported intake has gone 8.90's. Stock ignition with fresh OEM plug wires and good spark plugs will fire well over 700 whp. The big push for COP's in the beginning was mostly related to engine management systems. Stock ECU and the Haltech for example don't need a COP most of the time. Stock head is also good up to a point. You have to be making decent power to find any real gains in head porting, reshaping and smoothing the combustion chambers is a good gain as you can generally run some additional timing and leaner AFR's without knock.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
... Also dont understand meth users i would be more worried about that then anything else you mentioned. Most of the big major shops dont use that junk for a reason. knock suppressant octane raiser or not the bad far outweighs the good.
I have run meth for about 50000 mi with no issues. I used to run alot at one time as well. I also think its funny how people talk about it blowing motors when the most motors I found posted on this forum were blown on pump gas. Most of those blew cycl. #1 or #4. I know many people who have been running wmi for a long time with no problems. Just becareful no matter what you are tuning with.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Stock head is also good up to a point. You have to be making decent power to find any real gains in head porting, reshaping and smoothing the combustion chambers is a good gain as you can generally run some additional timing and leaner AFR's without knock.
Good info. What power level do you think that the porting/oversized valves become noticably benefical?

Last edited by mt057; Dec 10, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mt057
I have run meth for about 50000 mi with no issues. I used to run alot at one time as well. I also think its funny how people talk about it blowing motors when the most motors I found posted on this forum were blown on pump gas. Most of those blew cycl. #1 or #4. I know many people who have been running wmi for a long time with no problems. Just becareful no matter what you are tuning with.

Good info. What power level do you think that the porting/oversized valves become noticably benefical?
I know several people that run meth as well and so far its good. does not mean that we all should run it and will not have issues
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meth is scary, i've seen a few blown motors due to meth pump failing. i understand many guys might rely on a good knock sensor, but by the time the sensor hits, that motor would be long gone.