Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Urgent help! Fitment of front pipes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urgent help! Fitment of front pipes

Hey guys, Im from australia and own a evo 8 mr 2004.

My issue is i need to chase down a front pipe to complete my TBE. I have an invidia dump pipe installed (which was a ***** to install) I want to buy the invidia front pipe to match the dump.

Now i want to buy from an american retailer as its ****loads cheaper to do so. My question is will it fit my JDM evo8mr? I have herd mixed opinions ect. Some say it might some say it wont due to the USD evos not having a ACD????

What gets me is wouldnt some of u US dudes buy jap front pipes that are commonly used on all the JDM evos (HKS,GREEDY ect)

Please let me know if anyone can confirm wether or not it will fit.! CHEERS!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe if you get an Evo VIII specific part you should be fine. I cannot confirm 100%, but I know I purchased Evo VIII specific when I got my exhaust setup.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dulux
Hey guys, Im from australia and own a evo 8 mr 2004.
...My issue is i need to chase down a front pipe to complete my TBE.... I want to buy the invidia front pipe to match the dump.....Now i want to buy from an american retailer as its ****loads cheaper to do so. My question and maybe that is what will it fit my JDM evo8mr? I have herd mixed opinions ect. ...Please let me know if anyone can confirm wether or not it will fit.! CHEERS!
Mate, you'll need to explain what you mean by "front pipe" as in the U.S. we do not use that particular termimology. At least I am not understanding your reference.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:00 PM

sorry im talking about the down pipe- the piece of pipe between the turbo dump (02 housing) and the cat convertor
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well does your 2004 Evo 8 MR have ACD or not?

If it does, you will need to get a specific downpipe that has a couple bends in in compared to a non-ACD evo downpipe.
If you do have ACD and are looking to purchase a downpipe from an American vendor, look to buy a downpipe meant for 2005 evo 8 and 2006 evo 9 downpipes (because the 2005 evo 8 and 2006 evo 9 both have ACD (2005 being the first year ACD if put into the evo)).

Hope this helps...you could also PM some of the vendors on here for a quote and verification that the part would work.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I own a 2004 JDM RS and I run the DC downpipe with no fitment problems. This piece deletes the cat and/or test pipe. I previously had tried a Megan DP, but it had fitment issues at the transfer case.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sparky
I own a 2004 JDM RS and I run the DC downpipe with no fitment problems. This piece deletes the cat and/or test pipe. I previously had tried a Megan DP, but it had fitment issues at the transfer case.
ya, some downpipes hit the tcase, if you buy a brand name one you usually dont have a problem but for some reason some of the megan ones do hit, i had that same problem too.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:36 PM

My evo 8mr does have an acd, So ill be looking at buying one for the 2005 and up.

Thanks for the replys it has helped me alot!