Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Has anyone installed the FP 84mm compressor cover on a BBK?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems to me like fp is just tryin to get some customers back. if u cant beat em, makeup parts that u think they r missing. if i had a bbk and had surge issues i would contact cbrd to c what they can do. not go to their competitor and by something that will void ur warranty. likewise if i had an fp issue i wouldnt go to cbrd for the fix.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Make me an anti-surge cover for my HKS 7460. I'll buy it in a heart beat.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evoxsi
seems to me like fp is just tryin to get some customers back. if u cant beat em, makeup parts that u think they r missing. if i had a bbk and had surge issues i would contact cbrd to c what they can do. not go to their competitor and by something that will void ur warranty. likewise if i had an fp issue i wouldnt go to cbrd for the fix.
So, how would contacting CBRD possibly alleviate compressor surge issues with the BBK? As a matter of fact, there have been several cases of BBK-Fulls experiencing compressor surge commented on these forums. CBRD hasn't been able to bring several grenaded BBK-Fulls back to life either.

The 84mm FP anti-surge compressor cover is undeniably an improvement over the facory Mitsu 64mm housing. Or are you actually arguing the issue?

Last edited by sparky; Dec 17, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sparky,
can you provide the usernames or links to threads where its stated that the BBK surges? I have a few friends that have them... absolutely no surge issues for them. I'm not debating one way or the other, I just want statements to be founded (verified) by actual forum members.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, I will most certainly search and provide the info. Probably there is only one case and not several, so I'll end up eating my hat. I better start looking though, huh?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
So, how would contacting CBRD possibly alleviate compressor surge issues with the BBK? As a matter of fact, there have been several cases of BBK-Fulls experiencing compressor surge commented on these forums. CBRD hasn't been able to bring several grenaded BBK-Fulls back to life either.

The 84mm FP anti-surge compressor cover is undeniably an improvement over the facory Mitsu 64mm housing. Or are you actually arguing the issue?

what i was saying is that if u come across an issue with a part no matter what it is y would u not contact the company that makes said part. they put the time in designing and building it so they would have a better chance at helping solve it.

for example if i bought a brand new evo x and my transmission blew up after i drove it off the lot. i wouldnt take it to a bmw dealership to have them figure out what caused it to happen.