Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New ATP Ball Bearing Setup

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Q
Thanks for the info! I would like to know how does this turbo compares to an FP Red in terms of power and spool up? Would this be a nice turbo for 93 pump on a stock block with:

ETS 3.5 FMIC w/pipes
GSC S2 Cams
Megan 02
Perrin TBE
Ported exh. mani
PTE 1000
I agree...you should pick one up and test it for us...FYI..I think MAP has the best pricing on these right now...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I agree...you should pick one up and test it for us...FYI..I think MAP has the best pricing on these right now...
I would, but I need to get the $$$ first. I blew my FP Red, now it needs a rebuild and then I'll see if I re-install it or if I go other route. But, from what I've been reading it seems the 30r has alot more lag than the red for the same power levels... So I guess I'll just keep my red
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Don Q
I would, but I need to get the $$$ first. I blew my FP Red, now it needs a rebuild and then I'll see if I re-install it or if I go other route. But, from what I've been reading it seems the 30r has alot more lag than the red for the same power levels... So I guess I'll just keep my red
Technically these should spool the same or faster then the red...ball bearing vs. journal bearing...But I guess that all depends on your setup & fuel. Get your red rebuilt, sell it. Then purchase one of these and test it out for the evo community, we would all appreciate it...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Technically these should spool the same or faster then the red...ball bearing vs. journal bearing...But I guess that all depends on your setup & fuel. Get your red rebuilt, sell it. Then purchase one of these and test it out for the evo community, we would all appreciate it...
Well, that was/is the plan. However, I would have to wait for it to be removed on the weekend, send it to FP for a rebuild, wait for it to be rebuilt and then sell it. Right now I'm looking for the most balanced setup for my stock block evo on 93 pump but I was reading in some other threads that the 30r has more lag than the Red atleast the ones of the turbo kits, but now you tell me it should spool faster... Now I'm a bit confussed .
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone yet?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ I think you need to take charge. It's a sign haha
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:04 AM

I kept waiting for real world tests on these but couldn't wait any longer.

Hello Black!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone yet?
when i was getting price quotes from awd they said they'll be testing them eventually
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight
when i was getting price quotes from awd they said they'll be testing them eventually
Good to know!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:26 PM

Interesting
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to believe these will perform but doubtful since they are hesitant to let a well respected vendor test one out. I see a bunch of people waiting to break their bank on one of these if they perform. It is really hard to sell a product that isn't proven. Well done ATP I hope you guys are happy with these collecting dust on your shelves.

Last edited by RevMoto; Feb 1, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
I want to believe these will perform but doubtful since they are hesitant to let a well respected vendor test one out. I see a bunch of people waiting to break their bank on one of these if they perform. It is really hard to sell a product that isn't proven. Well done ATP I hope you guys are happy with these collecting dust on your shelves.
haha...well said sir...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 03:12 PM

Hi Guys,
I've had a few of these now in the UK.
Not personally tried one on a car yet, but have several customers with them about to be fitted.
The "restriction" / "bend" on the turbine housing actually isn't that bad at all when you see it in real life. Not massively worse than a standard GT30 T3 housing with T/S.

One point that I've not noticed anyone mention is that you could get one of these now, while you have the cash, and fit to your Stock manifold.
Then later on you could buy a "real" T3 or T4 manifold, swap the turbine housing to a T3 or T4 T/S etc ( remember these are just GTX turbos with a custom turbine housing) and bobs your uncle... All the benefits of both worlds.

The ATP kit, unlike FP, BBK, etc can follow you as you upgrade other components like the manifold.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grant620
Hi Guys,
I've had a few of these now in the UK.
Not personally tried one on a car yet, but have several customers with them about to be fitted.
The "restriction" / "bend" on the turbine housing actually isn't that bad at all when you see it in real life. Not massively worse than a standard GT30 T3 housing with T/S.

One point that I've not noticed anyone mention is that you could get one of these now, while you have the cash, and fit to your Stock manifold.
Then later on you could buy a "real" T3 or T4 manifold, swap the turbine housing to a T3 or T4 T/S etc ( remember these are just GTX turbos with a custom turbine housing) and bobs your uncle... All the benefits of both worlds.

The ATP kit, unlike FP, BBK, etc can follow you as you upgrade other components like the manifold.
Umm...very good point your have their sir...glad you have had one of these in your hands and been able to give your option...how long till you think you will have some results from customers car? Thanks Grant!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 03:54 PM

I don't know how long tbh.
Not within my control.
However, I'm looking to fit a GTX3071 on my own car just as soon as I get the time!
Only thing I'll be able to compare it against though is the stock 7 turbo with 10.5 H/side.

Quick Reply: New ATP Ball Bearing Setup