Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forward Facing Stock Turbo Manifold??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lillev23
Even after that, you still don't know if it is going to operate correctly and cool just as well as the factory A/c does. Our A/C system just wasn't designed to run on a condenser that small. Trust me, I thought a million times about this before deciding to go "back black". Maybe if someone gets it to work properly, I might go back later in the future.
If a civic blows cold A/C while running the smaller, half sized condensor, why would it not in an evo? Sure the pumps may be different, but A/C is A/C. Im sure with proper lines converted, it will blow just as cool as factory.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 03:39 PM

I was going through the process of building a forward facing black- I see David is beating me to the punch with the red and I can't wait to see the results- as far as putting it together goes- If you already have a red or even a stock 9 turbo it is cheaper to get the turbo rebuilt by FP than buy a new 6262 or whatever- and the maniold/02/DP and lines would have to be changed either way. I was doing the FF stock frame to be different- to each there own. Although I have to admit I may go for something different now
Old Dec 25, 2010, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but dont people go FF turbo set up's to spool quicker hence all the air going in drastically in to the turbo? Would that really be effective on a sock turbo since its so small and not lagy, I figured people did it cause theyre huge turbos.
Old May 11, 2011, 04:21 PM

I have a question for anybody that is very knowledgable on the FF manifolds...i recently seen the precision 6262 turbo with the FF manifold and it looks dope cuz its right in the front and you can see it BUT what are the pros and cons of it being where it is?? like is rain or water a issue or like bugs flying in there or something...??

i would appreciate it if someone could help me out before i save up to purchase it! thanks
Old May 11, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running a FF on the street with no kind of filter is asking for it. Running the FF with a filter in torrential downpour without a cover of some kind is also asking for it.
Old May 11, 2011, 04:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Exclusiveind187
I have a question for anybody that is very knowledgable on the FF manifolds...i recently seen the precision 6262 turbo with the FF manifold and it looks dope cuz its right in the front and you can see it BUT what are the pros and cons of it being where it is?? like is rain or water a issue or like bugs flying in there or something...??

i would appreciate it if someone could help me out before i save up to purchase it! thanks
The front facing is good for the track... w/o a filter you are leaving your self open for rock and debris damage to the compressor.

We sell a front facing kit or just the manifold Separtly

http://extremeturbosystems.com/cart/...Turbo-Kit.html

We do have customers who run our kits with a small KN filter. Good luck!

Thanks,

Michael
Old May 11, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exclusiveind187

Try breathing thru a straw, and then take a regular breath, it's a lot harder to breath thru a straw, your turbo feels the same way, if you run an ample inlet (intake diameter) it makes it easier for your turbo to make boost (cooler, denser pre-intercooler air). Now ram the air into the turbo(forward facing), you are actually changing your turbo's pressure ratio differential, you could be putting close to 2psi maybe a little more from the ram air effect at 100+mph, on the inlet to the compressor, which translates into more power, and your turbo is not working as hard trying to suck in the air!
Old May 11, 2011, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fairclough
Try breathing thru a straw, and then take a regular breath, it's a lot harder to breath thru a straw, your turbo feels the same way, if you run an ample inlet (intake diameter) it makes it easier for your turbo to make boost (cooler, denser pre-intercooler air). Now ram the air into the turbo(forward facing), you are actually changing your turbo's pressure ratio differential, you could be putting close to 2psi maybe a little more from the ram air effect at 100+mph, on the inlet to the compressor, which translates into more power, and your turbo is not working as hard trying to suck in the air!
FF=increased compressor efficiency (cliffnotes )

Dave's setup with the 2.3RPM and a FF Red should be an autocross MONSTER, the FF will just maximize the combo.
Old May 11, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Our kit uses a LARGE custom built air filter and we can supply a block off plate for driving in crap weather.

My car has an HTA86 on it, not a red. We offer a 3/4 width radiator forth stock style turbos that if you are on SD you can turn the filter and turbo inlet ton the grille opening.
Old May 11, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I am building one...........for the Bad Bish actually.

The other option is the new product release I just put up in Vendor Announcements. It's our new forward facing inlet for the stock appearing turbos. Uses a 3/4 width radiator, new turbo inlet and filter. Check it out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...air-inlet.html
My bad Dave, I must've read a little too much into your reply I know full well what setup your car is running, the results are pretty shocking with that combo.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:06 PM

hey thanks guys i really appreciate it

so overall you would not recommend it for a daily driver??
or like a street car?
Old May 11, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

I run one, will drive it daily, but I run a filter too.