Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What cams are these? Help please

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow stock cams send them back and get your money back
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are 100% stock here are some pictures I just took right now of some stock cams I have. You can see they look exactly alike and i took pictures of the numbers so you can see you got ripped off. Sorry, get your money back.

Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

wow thats ****ed up...whats his username so we all stay away?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
So I guess that I am not the only one who was been screwed over purchasing a set of HKS cams.

I would bet that they are the stock cams because as others have stated they are hollow just like the factory cams.

For the record, not all HKS cams are engraved with HKS on them. They will however have an engraving with something like am007 am008 on them IIRC.

Your best bet is to look over the cams again and see if you can find any sort of markings or engraving on them. Then I would get in touch with someone over at HKS and verify that they are the correct part numbers.

I have also heard rumors of certain manufactures using the factory cams as their base and regrinding them so maybe that is what HKS originally did. Most likely not the case but hey it is possible. But as I said if they were HKS cams they would be marked with a part number somewhere.

***To those people who feel the need to comment and say that you are better off with stock cams, please keep it to yourself. Not only are those comments not productive, they are also completely untrue. Sure the cams will not make as much power as a set of S2's for example but so what? The HKS's are a great set of mild cams which do not require upgraded springs and retainers which all of these "super awesome" new cams require. So for people like me who do not feel like going through all of that, or are just looking for a mild cam with solid gains throughout the powerband the HKS's are a great choice. End rant

To the op: good luck with everything and if they dont turn out to be HKS cams, then try and get your money back from this "honest seller".
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sax

Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
wow thats ****ed up...whats his username so we all stay away?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...termarket.html
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...ion_resolution
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
That is what I thought until I actually had to file a claim through paypal. Any transaction aside from one on ebay, paypal is absolutely useless and they will not do anything for you. It's the sad but honest truth
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
That is what I thought until I actually had to file a claim through paypal. Any transaction aside from one on ebay, paypal is absolutely useless and they will not do anything for you. It's the sad but honest truth
BS!!! I had some as*hole file a refund and paypal gave him the money and he had the item I sold him. They were not going to give me back the money if I couldn't prove that sent the item. I always get a delivery confirmation for my protection and that time it came in handy. After a week of waiting they gave me back MY money cause I proved that I sent him the item.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
BS!!! I had some as*hole file a refund and paypal gave him the money and he had the item I sold him. They were not going to give me back the money if I couldn't prove that sent the item. I always get a delivery confirmation for my protection and that time it came in handy. After a week of waiting they gave me back MY money cause I proved that I sent him the item.
same **** here. i sold a stock rim to some guy on here and i flat out told him the lip was missing a chunk do to hittin a curb and it would need to be fixed for about $50-75. after exchanging PMs i could make out this guy could barely speak english. and he was fine with it esp since i sold it for a real fair price. so when he got it he flipped out and told me i never mentioned the damage, when i sent him copies of the PMs i never heard from him since.

but as far as paypal goes. they emailed me about the incedent and i send them the messages and they still actually put negative feedback on me. AND they refunded his money. luckily they didnt take it out of my account. i was completely upfront with the guy so he couldnt say i screwed him over

paypal is worthless IMO
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:04 PM
Sax

Finally cams are stock, but now I have my money back (minus $73 in shipping and paypal fees).

Thanks for all
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Good to hear that you got your money back, next time ask for pictures. They can still send you some fake pictures but atleast you will have more proof of the scam.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
^^^ Good to hear that you got your money back, next time ask for pictures. They can still send you some fake pictures but atleast you will have more proof of the scam.
To avoid that, have them write their username or some word you tell them to on a piece of paper and put it next to the parts....It shows the pic is from them and not from a search engine search. Sure they could photoshop that into a stolen pic but if they went that far theres prob something else wrong anyway.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by My03evo
To avoid that, have them write their username or some word you tell them to on a piece of paper and put it next to the parts
No good anymore, people are so desperate these days that they will burn off a username and several years reputation for $150 bucks.

They will even rip you off if you have their name and address because getting your money back takes more time than it's worth in $