Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mobile 1 filter number

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2003 | 03:12 PM

Mobile 1 filter number

Did a search with no avail.

I am partial to Mobile 1 filters for personal reasons.

Does anyone have the part number for the mobile 1 filter?

Also I am a DSM guy, will the filter from the 1G talons and Eclipses also fit?

TIA.
Old Dec 7, 2003 | 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

its best to use the stock filter oil from the dealership
Old Dec 7, 2003 | 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, check this out.

I too am partial to the M1 filters and spent a good 2 days doing research on this. I started at the Mobil-1 web site wich directed to me to AutoBarn. It's the easiest way to buy M-1 filters online
(and probably the most expensive ). The Filter # is M1-108.
The canister is allot smaller than a stock filter but the filter cartridge is the same size. The outward apperance (small size) freaked me out at first. I thought they sent me the wrong filter. I then called the Mobil-1 customer service line to double check the #. They gave me the # for Champion Labs( the manufactuer of all M-1 filters. I was assured that this is the right filter. The canister is smaller than the thats all.
I am going to use it with my first oil change. There are guys using the M1-104 as well as the M1-110 on thier evos as well. The M1-104 is about the same size as a stock filter but is not listed for application for a EVO per champion labs. Now I'm not saying it's the wrong filter or that those guys are going to blow up. I'm just tell you what Champion told me. You can call them with questions, I have the #.....
Technical Hot-Line
1-800-882-0890
618-445-6011
Fax 618-445-4040

As a foot note: I have one of the filters (MD#) and if you look inside of it and the M1 filter, the difference is staggering. The Denso made has pleats that are bulging out of the Cartridge while the M1 is tight and uniform. The wierd thing is how different they look from the out side while the cardridges are of identical size. Champion dictates what size the canister will be based on what the operating pressure the "OEM" of the filter dictates. I know that Mobil-1 has the highest standards regarding operation pressure, so maybe thats why the smaller canister.

Hope this helps!
Ron
Old Dec 8, 2003 | 07:04 AM
EvoM Guru

get the MItsu filter. After working on cars for over 8 years I only trust the factory filters. From a Honda, to a FOrd, the factory filter is notches above in quality over any other filter, including a Mobil one.
Old Dec 8, 2003 | 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by superz
get the MItsu filter. After working on cars for over 8 years I only trust the factory filters. From a Honda, to a FOrd, the factory filter is notches above in quality over any other filter, including a Mobil one.
That's your opinion.
Old Dec 8, 2003 | 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by superz
I'm so surprised to hear that... But I have heeded this advise and got a good deal on a lot of 6 factory Mitsu Filters... I use on with every oil change..
Old Dec 8, 2003 | 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Where is the cheapest place to buy factory oil filters? I have looked around and can't find them. Also looking for factory air filters.