Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012 | 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hawjdude
"Also NOTE: The BW turbo was a divided turbo on a divided twin scroll header. The PTE was an undivided turbo! There goes that theory! " quoted from SP.
I'll call Reid and set him straight.
Old Apr 3, 2012 | 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

uggghhh. paid $48 with shipping for a freaking coupler which is absurd enough, but when it no better than a cheap pos ebay one it really chaps my ***. was expecting it to look like the one in the link as i specified tight radius and they sent the one on the top of my pic. the bottom one was a $10 ebay one with a much tighter radius that i trimmed down.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...gory_Code=SILB

Old Apr 3, 2012 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

The ATP is shinier...and is cut much better.
Old Apr 3, 2012 | 11:06 PM
Account Disabled

eric - the header bags i know of are made by "advanced thermal products" - http://www.atpwrap.com/html/hondagallery.html here are some photos of the s2000 header bags they did for some customers of ours

Originally Posted by hawjdude
"Also NOTE: The BW turbo was a divided turbo on a divided twin scroll header. The PTE was an undivided turbo! There goes that theory! " quoted from SP.
bwahahha comedians over there...

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I'll call Reid and set him straight.
Old Apr 4, 2012 | 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Any possibilities of a 1.06 AR SS internal housing?

Whats the deal with treadstone performance's supposedly new housings?
Old Apr 4, 2012 | 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Besides the fact that Supra forums has a huge bandwagon for ProEFI and Precision Turbos... there's no reason that the obvious isn't stated. Reid does testing for PTE, so I guess you're saying that he won't be open to discussing how the test was a bit slanted in PTEs favor?

Precision has way more Performance offerings for sizing of compressor and turbine wheels & housings...than Garrett, FP, or BW. I think Reid just exploited that by using a 3.4L supra with a Precision turbo with an oversized turbine and larger turbine housing. The 8374 doesn't match the engine as well as the PTE turbo, but still performs exceptionally well... and I'm sure has way better transient response.

Until the BW turbos that have been designed can be produced, I don't think we'll be seeing a ton of different sizing options... at least certainly not on the same level as PTE. Due to that you'll see certain combinations that outperform the BW on the dyno. I do firmly believe that the EFRs will not be challeneged with respect to their transient response.
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Im running out of ideas here.....

Old Apr 12, 2012 | 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

cut the vibrant elbow down and weld them together. Its not a cheater cut, because the way you have it now..it just continues straight for the first inch or so.
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
cut the vibrant elbow down and weld them together. Its not a cheater cut, because the way you have it now..it just continues straight for the first inch or so.
yeah, ill try that. id ask what everyone else is doing, but i cant think of anyone off hand with the large compressor efr with the low mount manifold.
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
yeah, ill try that. id ask what everyone else is doing, but i cant think of anyone off hand with the large compressor efr with the low mount manifold.
Exactly why I'm waiting for a full on bolt up kit for these turbos to be made, don't wanna go through what all of you are, but it's a good thing, when all the kinks are worked out by the pioneers we will know what works well and what doesn't. to you, rt, full race, leetevo, and everyone else that has shared with he community.
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

its not like it wont work, its my lack of time, working in a small 1 car garage and lack of tools/equipment to fab it up! im also fighting tendonitis in my shoulders and back so i cant push it too hard. i have the metalworking tools at work, but im not supposed to be using it. screw it, i need to get this thing done!
Old Apr 12, 2012 | 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

N2oiroc, can you just get a block off plate for the built in BOV and rotate the compressor cover to a more desirable orientation to eliminate this issue?

Sucks to eliminate the built-in BOV, but it's better then it not fitting at all.

Other then that, cut the straight section off the v-band and the elbow and weld them together. It would cut AT LEAST 1" out of it, probably closer to 1-1/2".

1:1 OD/R bends suck though and it's too bad a better bend radius couldn't fit in there. It's the pressure side though, the turbo will just run 0.1 P/R higher and life will go on.
Old Apr 13, 2012 | 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
N2oiroc, can you just get a block off plate for the built in BOV and rotate the compressor cover to a more desirable orientation to eliminate this issue?

Sucks to eliminate the built-in BOV, but it's better then it not fitting at all.

Other then that, cut the straight section off the v-band and the elbow and weld them together. It would cut AT LEAST 1" out of it, probably closer to 1-1/2".

1:1 OD/R bends suck though and it's too bad a better bend radius couldn't fit in there. It's the pressure side though, the turbo will just run 0.1 P/R higher and life will go on.
I cant clock it any farther towards the block. Even if i block off the bov, the casting itself hits. Even without the motor mount bracket it hits the trans. I cound notch that but there would be no room for the upper bolt that holds the bracket on. Only wat around that is to drill and tap a hole lower on the trans for the bracket.
Old Apr 13, 2012 | 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

n2oiroc, if it brings any consolation, at least you're able to currently work on your evo.

wish i could be able to say the same.

sacrifices, sacrifices.
Old Apr 13, 2012 | 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by houdini_678
n2oiroc, if it brings any consolation, at least you're able to currently work on your evo.

wish i could be able to say the same.

sacrifices, sacrifices.
Are you serving? Married? haha.

I think I'll just make my manifold that allows me to clock the compressor. I'd like to use the internal BOV... just wish I wouldn't have red-loctited the bolts on my block off plate! I should be working on my turbo manifold for the EFR this coming Monday

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread