Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012 | 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JARVEVO8
for real? are you giving up???
for real. not giving up, just going down a different path if it sells. if it doesnt sell ill use it.
Old Apr 22, 2012 | 03:29 AM

any updates on turbo delivery dates???? wasn't it April ?

when are the 8374's going to start shipping out

someone should at least keep people updated that the least someone could do for people waiting over a year for there turbo
Old Apr 24, 2012 | 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

june/july
Old Apr 24, 2012 | 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Talx
any updates on turbo delivery dates???? wasn't it April ?

when are the 8374's going to start shipping out

someone should at least keep people updated that the least someone could do for people waiting over a year for there turbo
You are barking up the wrong tree, to the wrong people. Quit wasting space in a great thread. Call the company, email the company. You didn't buy it on evom.
Old Apr 26, 2012 | 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Btw, there is a way around cutting the trans ear off with the large frame efr's. Problem is finding the correct v band flange to match the compressor cover flange. Anyone know what it is? Its 2.855" o.d.

Old Apr 27, 2012 | 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
n2oiroc,

after having followed this thread since its inception, your above quote simply destroyed my heart... and i am anything, but an emotional guy

regardless of your path, i wish you the best either way... god knows i've followed your build.

by experience, i know the pain a man has to endure through a build. but, at least for me, maintaining focus on violently increasing that 'neck jerk' reaction -at the end of the day- has me yelling out 'zero regrets!!'. simply put: velocity controls me, and i it.

well brother, until you've reached eureka, may you have boost-filled-wishes and burnin'-rubber-dreams...

woo-tzz-tzz-tz-tz...
Old Apr 27, 2012 | 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by houdini_678
n2oiroc,

after having followed this thread since its inception, your above quote simply destroyed my heart... and i am anything, but an emotional guy

regardless of your path, i wish you the best either way... god knows i've followed your build.

by experience, i know the pain a man has to endure through a build. but, at least for me, maintaining focus on violently increasing that 'neck jerk' reaction -at the end of the day- has me yelling out 'zero regrets!!'. simply put: velocity controls me, and i it.

well brother, until you've reached eureka, may you have boost-filled-wishes and burnin'-rubber-dreams...

woo-tzz-tzz-tz-tz...
im going to keep it. i posted it out of frustration because it was taking a lot of work to get it to fit and that i needed a lot of fab work that i dont have time/tools/money to do and no decent shops in the area. i have bad tendonitis in my shoulders and back and its been acting up lately and that really killed my motivation to fab stuff. full-race is making me dump tubes which is going to make my life a lot easier, and i figured out how to get it to clear between the radiator and trans without sawzalling the new trans up. i still have to make a licp, but thats ok, its not all that much work. im going to have to get some help putting it all together, but i will finish it and get it on the dyno within a couple months at most.
Old Apr 29, 2012 | 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I think I'll just make my manifold that allows me to clock the compressor. I'd like to use the internal BOV... just wish I wouldn't have red-loctited the bolts on my block off plate! I should be working on my turbo manifold for the EFR this coming Monday
Ernie, are you designing your manifold such that you could put an 8374 on there without the fit problems that n2oiroc is having? If so, could you describe a little bit what you would do different (than the mani n2 has) to make this work?

BTW I did take a look at your build thread and that is a super thread and a super project you have going there.
Old Apr 29, 2012 | 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

I can fit an 8374 with a similar manifold design, however I think I'll probably need a different manifold to fit the 8374. I'll know when I get my 8374 and a 9180 shows up
Old Apr 29, 2012 | 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

on page 77 it gives the dimensions for the v-band. a 2.5" doesnt look like it will work on the turbo end. i have a friend thats a machinist so hopefully i can con him into turning one for me.

http://www.turbodriven.com/files/pdf...ical_brief.pdf
Old Apr 29, 2012 | 07:25 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I'll know when I get my 8374 and a 9180 shows up
So in like 5 years right?
Old Apr 29, 2012 | 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

has anyone called borg warner and asked about what the delay is? full-race is just caught in the middle and taking a lot of heat when they arent the ones holding things back.
Old Apr 29, 2012 | 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chetrickerman
So in like 5 years right?
I expect June/July as has been previously stated.
Old May 2, 2012 | 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6521908&type=1

Buddy's car is running with an EFR
Old May 2, 2012 | 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evosdad
Ah yes, his engine isn't going the wrong way so he didn't have to put the turbo on backwards. That should help.
Even so it does look like that turbo is sitting at an unusual angle laterally. Hmm.

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread