Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011 | 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

In any case,
you'll get taken care of by Geoff. I think you did a great job of taking pictures.

I'd tell you to buy a Dynasty 200dx, chop saw, die grinder, and an angle grinder...and get it poppin!
Old May 23, 2011 | 08:35 AM
Account Disabled

Apparently there was a mfg change to the turbine housing v-band that Full-Race was not made aware of. The 1.05 a/r v-band extends approx 1/8" beyond a standard Twinscroll T4 vband housing. This is no problem for anyone that does not have A/C. However for all the A/C compatible applications, this will necessitate that we move the vband flange closer to the downpipe.

here are some photos showing the EFR turbine vs a standard Twinscroll T4:

acssa we will be happy to send you a new upper half downpipe tomorrow morning. n2oiroc, and everyone else who has or is waiting on an EFR turbokit expect a phone call today, we will send you a new upper downpipe. Thanks

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; May 23, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old May 23, 2011 | 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

One done I will post my complete shopping experience form FULL-RACE and the EFR turbo...

I just need to get this baby runing... no use saying anything now...

More to follow...
Old May 23, 2011 | 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

ok here goes the modded down pipe... might loose a hp or 2...

Name:  DSC00983.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  65.5 KB

oil drain pipe.... 45 deg fitting works with cut of oem drain pipe...put some heaat wrap just in case... will be clamped once installed

Name:  DSC00981.jpg
Size:  73.3 KB

Looks like the oem oil feed pipe can also work... may even better... if you put a 90 bend fitting it might not clear the flange.... bango bolt solve all this....

Name:  DSC00982.jpg
Size:  112.8 KB
Old May 23, 2011 | 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

the oem oil supply has a 2mm/0.08' hole as seen above. I will have to check if that is ok.
Old May 23, 2011 | 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Great! Thanks for the fast solution!

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
Apparently there was a mfg change to the turbine housing v-band that Full-Race was not made aware of. The 1.05 a/r v-band extends approx 1/8" beyond a standard Twinscroll T4 vband housing. This is no problem for anyone that does not have A/C. However for all the A/C compatible applications, this will necessitate that we move the vband flange closer to the downpipe.

here are some photos showing the EFR turbine vs a standard Twinscroll T4:

acssa we will be happy to send you a new upper half downpipe tomorrow morning. n2oiroc, and everyone else who has or is waiting on an EFR turbokit expect a phone call today, we will send you a new upper downpipe. Thanks
Old May 23, 2011 | 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

LOL... solution on something I was told fits! I am missing something here? I am the guy doing all the test fitting half way around the world in africa...

(Great! Thanks for the fast solution!)
Old May 23, 2011 | 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

I understand your frustration and agree it not fitting is a load of crap, but i dont think full-race is at fault. During the mfg process companies change stuff to make it easier to machine or cast or because they think it will be a better product and they dont tell anyone. I work in manufacturing and run into crap like this at work from our suppliers. If we didnt have a fully stocked machine shop we would be down half the time.
Originally Posted by acssa
LOL... solution on something I was told fits! I am missing something here? I am the guy doing all the test fitting half way around the world in africa...

(Great! Thanks for the fast solution!)
Old May 23, 2011 | 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

I dont want to blow hot air on the forum... cause I am a strong believer in not becoming big headed... saying I know everything. I work in the motor industry too, I do homologation and safety engineering... We handle about 20 000 units a year... our latest project is the the new Mclaren MP12... so I have been around the block. What really **** me off is when parts is shipped wrong and people are looking for ways not to pay the shipping costs etc, or come with bull company policies to limit their exposure, when they are wrong.

By the way I just heard that JM Fabrication is also busy on a manifold for the EFR TS...
I used a JMFAB manifold on my FP and had 0 issues. So atleast there is more options coming soon... to the EVO lovers.

Last edited by acssa; May 23, 2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old May 23, 2011 | 11:45 AM
Account Disabled

We just got word that we will be receiving our turbo shortly

pics coming, of our slip fit long tube manifold

cb
Old May 23, 2011 | 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

IMO these kits should all be test fitted in-house now that Full Race has an evo. And not just for fitment but for #'s and comparisons. Too much marketing, not enough in-house testing on an evo.
Old May 23, 2011 | 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by acssa
By the way I just heard that JM Fabrication is also busy on a manifold for the EFR TS...
I used a JMFAB manifold on my FP and had 0 issues. So atleast there is more options coming soon... to the EVO lovers.
Originally Posted by CBRD
We just got word that we will be receiving our turbo shortly pics coming, of our slip fit long tube manifold
cb
Competition is a glorious thing. Options ftw!
Old May 23, 2011 | 12:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nemsin
Competition is a glorious thing. Options ftw!
we actually work with JMF (quite a bit) and full race-

we will NOT be building a manifold for production units- these will be exclusive to cars that would be shipped to CBRD for custom fitment of our radiator/fmic/piping for road race applications-

Cheers

CB
Old May 23, 2011 | 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD
we actually work with JMF (quite a bit) and full race-

we will NOT be building a manifold for production units- these will be exclusive to cars that would be shipped to CBRD for custom fitment of our radiator/fmic/piping for road race applications-

Cheers

CB
We <3 CBRD, we work together on many projects, def not in competition with each other.....unless you're talking about Foosball!
Old May 24, 2011 | 07:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JMFabrications
We <3 CBRD, we work together on many projects, def not in competition with each other.....unless you're talking about Foosball!
ahahahah!!

and of course- any JMF products and information is available through CBRD

so let us know if we can help everyone!

cheers

cb

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread