Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011 | 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone have a twin scroll 7670 or 8374 they want to sell?
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

in all fairness to the EFR, it is not total new technology that will benchmark turbos for the future... and I am not here to suck up to full race... I think they are a bunch of arogant, think they know it all... but what I do know is that I saw some great results from EFR units.... and these are used in a high level of a local OEM sponsored racing... and the team also want more turbos to build race cars for next year... problem is they cant get currently like everyone else.
I can say that I also think FP is a great turbo and to me the pioneer of billet wheels to my knowledge. for me the EFR offers good value... and with the BOV on the comp housing it help partial throttle with surge... etc. I do think that people should only comment on anything if they have first hand experience.
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by acssa
in all fairness to the EFR, it is not total new technology that will benchmark turbos for the future... and I am not here to suck up to full race... I think they are a bunch of arogant, think they know it all... but what I do know is that I saw some great results from EFR units.... and these are used in a high level of a local OEM sponsored racing... and the team also want more turbos to build race cars for next year... problem is they cant get currently like everyone else.
I can say that I also think FP is a great turbo and to me the pioneer of billet wheels to my knowledge. for me the EFR offers good value... and with the BOV on the comp housing it help partial throttle with surge... etc. I do think that people should only comment on anything if they have first hand experience.
Would you mind sharing more information about the OEM sponsored race cars mentioned above? eg what are they, and what size EFR are they running?
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by acssa
Stop talking about other cars and go finish yours. You one of a handful who actually have it installed and you show us nothing. Yes I heard some cars had err turbos on them at 24hrs of LeMans but they will never share data with us but you can.
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by revmoto
stop talking about other cars and go finish yours. You one of a handful who actually have it installed and you show us nothing. Yes i heard some cars had err turbos on them at 24hrs of lemans but they will never share data with us but you can.
where is the like button!
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Stop talking about other cars and go finish yours. You one of a handful who actually have it installed and you show us nothing. Yes I heard some cars had err turbos on them at 24hrs of LeMans but they will never share data with us but you can.
Where is the relax button... Geez. Go race your call or work out or something to blow off steam....
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mt057
Where is the relax button... Geez. Go race your call or work out or something to blow off steam....
Sorry but patience in this thread have warn thin for buyers and future buyers. What's annoying is the people who were lucky enough to receive their turbos seem to care less about using them when that turbo could have went to many of the people who paid for it and are sitting around with their cars on jackstands ready to go.
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

i have long since gave up on waiting for this turbo. this wait is rediculous
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Still looking for a twin scroll 7670 or 8374...
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 03:30 PM
EvoM Guru

i can see both sides of the table here.

I would rather wait and get a late product that is 100% than have a product thats 98% and on time.
They have their reputation to uphold, and the fact they stopped sub-par production at those foundries is a good thing IMO.

I do agree that the hype was somewhat "premature", and it's understandable that a lot of people are upset. It's like telling your children Christmas time is now in March
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

i will take 5 if I can get them now...

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Still looking for a twin scroll 7670 or 8374...
Old Aug 30, 2011 | 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by RevMoto
Sorry but patience in this thread have warn thin for buyers and future buyers. What's annoying is the people who were lucky enough to receive their turbos seem to care less about using them when that turbo could have went to many of the people who paid for it and are sitting around with their cars on jackstands ready to go.
heheh here is an example "8th month without car"

Name:  IMG_0284.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  161.1 KB
Old Aug 31, 2011 | 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Quick update........i was told that the new spring for the WG seems to be working but unfortunately i had to leave the shop as the car was getting strapped to the dyno.

I will be at the shop after noon for the rest of the day and will hopefully have some more info.

WG pressure only = 40 psi
Old Sep 1, 2011 | 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

How'd she look Pat? Sounds like it'll hold boost now!
Old Sep 1, 2011 | 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

c'mon Pat! you tease.

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread