Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011 | 09:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by leetEVO
Big thanks to my sponser Robispec and now here is a twincsroll 7670 graph. Highlights:

637HP 588TQ @ 30lbs on E85 - response is sick.. spool is sick.. etc...etc.. couldn't be happier

And thanks to RRE!

Details:

05 evo RS:

BR2.3 RPM motor
HKS 280 cams
Twinscroll 7670 - Full Race manifold

one word: SICK!!!
Robi called me after you guys got the car dynoed, he was really excited!! he seemed blown away by the power delivery and the powerband this combination produced. Buschur and I have disagreed on many topics, but we can both agree he builds one hell of a 4G motor and Full-Race builds an excellent turbokit. Great to hear you love the setup, your enthusiasm is motivating me to get my car finished! This 7670 is what ive been planning to use on my evo, a phenomenal all-around setup that plants you in the back of the seat instantly.. ill probably run the internal WG just to see what the limits are

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
The dyno graph posted previously was done in 4th gear and the motor's comp ratio is 9:1
[youtube]VXT4mG9AwBY[/youtube]
thanks for the vid, looks like fun!! i cant wait to get my evo going with the internal-wg EFR although mine will be twinscroll it will also be on E85

Originally Posted by bsh
I could only boost 1,8 bar on my 8374 with medium actuator and ALOT of preload.
that is correct- you require the high boost actuator for boost levels above this level . In fact i recommend the high boost actuators to all of our evo internal WG customers (min boost on the high boost actuator is ~19psi)... we have these in stock right now along with Full-Race billet aluminum BOV cover plates if you need

Originally Posted by michael66899
Awesome thanks for the info, I'm sure Ernie will chime in with some info. I'm just trying to figure out if I can hit 25psi by 3500 on my big 2.7 on pump gas, I will be using the smaller TS housing with the internal gate so the smaller a/r may help some as well. Also are you running just a 3" exhaust or something bigger?
michael - for a 2.7L at 25psi, the 7670 will work well. However if you planned to go to 28+psi take a peek at the matchbot, you will probably want to step up to the 8374 if shooting for 28+ psi, since its approaching the wheel speed limits on the 7670

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Sep 13, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2011 | 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Geoff,
You're supposed to give Mike BAD advice.
Old Sep 13, 2011 | 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Geoff, what is the minimum amount of boost you can run with the high pressure actuator?

What has the internal BOV been tested to? Does it have any limits?
Old Sep 13, 2011 | 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Both good questions project!
Old Sep 13, 2011 | 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

the high pressure actuator starts around 18/19psi with 2mm preload (minimum amount). It can go up to 32/33psi with electronic boost control set to full spill. For increased boost levels OR for more control, we are just about to release a dual-port internal wastegate actuator that behaves similarly to an external gate "push/pull"

the BOV is tested thoroughly by BW. Ill ask for permission to post detail
Old Sep 13, 2011 | 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks geoff! Can't wait to play with the efr!!!
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 01:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
the high pressure actuator starts around 18/19psi with 2mm preload (minimum amount). It can go up to 32/33psi with electronic boost control set to full spill. For increased boost levels OR for more control, we are just about to release a dual-port internal wastegate actuator that behaves similarly to an external gate "push/pull"

That internal wastegate info is very good.
Does that mean with the wastegate control line disconnected, it will only hold a maximum of 32/33psi? (just to make it clear)

What kind of numbers do you get with the "medium" wastegate? 11-12psi at 2mm preload with a max of about 23-24? If this is the case, if there any way to make it hold higher boost? External spring maybe?

Cheers, Mike
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 07:24 AM

Manifold for IW Turbos

... ill probably run the internal WG just to see what the limits are...
... i cant wait to get my evo going with the internal-wg EFR although mine will be twinscroll...
Geoff,
I missed the info on how are evo owners going to fit the internal-wg EFR on the cars, more so the twinscroll ones.
I remember you were considering a top-mount manifold, what's the option at the moment?
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 11:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 7EVO7
Geoff,
I missed the info on how are evo owners going to fit the internal-wg EFR on the cars, more so the twinscroll ones. I remember you were considering a top-mount manifold, what's the option at the moment?
^^^this will be a brand new Full-Race Evo turbokit that will debut at SEMA 2011. Top-Mount, EFR twinscroll, Internal Wastegate. A/C compatible and full-length rad compatible, but requires a custom evo6 rad be used. Ill post photos up as we get closer to the release and we get closer to the EFRs shipping. This is the setup i plan to run in my personal evo - some updates to my build thread: Full-Race Geoff's Evo Build and will put photos of the turbokit there on my car once its ready

Originally Posted by RSMike
Does that mean with the wastegate control line disconnected, it will only hold a maximum of 32/33psi? (just to make it clear)
YES - if the wastegate line is disconnected from the High boost canister you should see a maximum boost level of 32/33psi

Originally Posted by RSMike
What kind of numbers do you get with the "medium" wastegate? 11-12psi at 2mm preload with a max of about 23-24? If this is the case, if there any way to make it hold higher boost? External spring maybe?
the Medium Boost canister is meant for 11-12psi and at full spill (aka wastegate line disconnected) it can get up to 20/21 psi but some people have gone slightly higher.

The way to make it hold higher boost is to replace it with the High Boost canister (just stamped steel and a spring approx. $56) or one of our dual port push/pull actuators (billet alu with a piston, seal, and multiple springs $160)

edit: ill work on updating our website over the next two weeks so everyone has a better understanding on this

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Sep 16, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Do you really expect a answer on the questions?

Originally Posted by Conrad
Geoff,

What has been the hold up since the first batch?

Any news on the UK one that failed with the bent the shaft?

Reason for failure?

Any design changes occurred during this wait period?
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 11:05 PM

u are crazy man..
Old Sep 14, 2011 | 11:14 PM

Does anyone know where to get an aluminium v-band flange to suit the compressor cover outlet of the 8374/9180? All of the flanges I can find in 2.5" are not the correct dimensions to fit.
Old Sep 16, 2011 | 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks and let us know on the internal bov, if it can hold 40-50 psi this will probably put me over the edge on buying my friends.
Old Sep 20, 2011 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

No one has any news to tell?
Old Sep 26, 2011 | 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Strm Trpr
I've been waiting since Dec.
Hi, which model of EFR you are waiting for?

I am still waiting for my 8374 twinscroll since last Dec too.

Anyone else in the forum still waiting for the same turbo as mine?

Last edited by WhoAmI181; Sep 26, 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread