Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BW EFR Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

For the people who have been waiting a year or more, and still potentially have months of waiting ahead of them - I'm curious about the dedication to the cause to it, with the other proven turbos around is there any temptation to cancel orders and just go with something you know will work or is there no option now?
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrLith
For the people who have been waiting a year or more, and still potentially have months of waiting ahead of them - I'm curious about the dedication to the cause to it, with the other proven turbos around is there any temptation to cancel orders and just go with something you know will work or is there no option now?
im sure most of us are running twinscroll setups, there arent a lot of options.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 01:41 PM

Pics Please!!!!

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I'll be at SEMA tomorrow to take some pics. I'll update this thread when I get there

VEGAS BABY w00t.
for the ones that could not make it there

Old Nov 2, 2011 | 01:46 PM

The timeframe is a joke really!! Surely a company the size of BW can give an exact timeframe on when they are capable of making deliveries.

Geoff@Full-Race.. surely you have some more info on this?
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 05:33 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

It it seems like BW is filling out the orders for the big name builds or shops, then they will fill all of your orders.

They care about builds and shops that get their name out, not us little people that said, "hey, that's cool, I want that turbo"
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by runuts
The timeframe is a joke really!! Surely a company the size of BW can give an exact timeframe on when they are capable of making deliveries.

Geoff@Full-Race.. surely you have some more info on this?
geoff posted previous time lines that borg warner gave him. something happened on borg warners end and everyone *****ed to geoff about it. now he is only updating when he has tracking #'s so he doesnt catch hell for other peoples missed deadlines. can you blame him? he is caught in the middle and trying to please everyone.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
geoff posted previous time lines that borg warner gave him. something happened on borg warners end and everyone *****ed to geoff about it. now he is only updating when he has tracking #'s so he doesnt catch hell for other peoples missed deadlines. can you blame him? he is caught in the middle and trying to please everyone.
I think Geoff is great and sure he has copped some ###t about it, but since he was involved in the development and has constant contact with BW, you would think they would be able to give some more definite time frames.

Since Geoff is at Sema along with BW displaying their EFR range, I am hoping that there is some more info available regarding the availability.
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
im sure most of us are running twinscroll setups, there arent a lot of options.
Huh?

There are tons of turbos that can be twin scroll.

Fact is too that nothing has been proven these are any better then other turbos out there.

Their biggest advantage is built in features and MAYBE durability.
Old Nov 4, 2011 | 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I'll be at SEMA tomorrow to take some pics. I'll update this thread when I get there

VEGAS BABY w00t.
Bump for Pics from SEMA!!
Old Nov 5, 2011 | 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

+1 ^^^
Old Nov 6, 2011 | 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

The down time sucks...

But I believe in these twin scroll turbos, & would like to see my project through to the end with absolutely no compromises.
Old Nov 6, 2011 | 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Huh?

There are tons of turbos that can be twin scroll.

Fact is too that nothing has been proven these are any better then other turbos out there.

Their biggest advantage is built in features and MAYBE durability.
What competes with the 8374? The hta3586 would if they made a decent twin scroll turbine housing for it, but they dont. 4088r is close, but laggier. Please dont mention precision, i wouldnt run their garbage if they paid me.
Old Nov 6, 2011 | 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Whats wrong with the twin scroll T4 housing Forced Performance do on the 3586HTA?

Potentially the CEA PT62xx turbos could be considered worthy, too. GTX3582Rs have returned some epic results, and you can get twin scroll housings for them - and lets not overlook that the single scroll HTA 3076R proved to be happy to trade blows with the twin scroll externally gated EFR7670.
Old Nov 6, 2011 | 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Whats wrong with the twin scroll T4 housing Forced Performance do on the 3586HTA?

Potentially the CEA PT62xx turbos could be considered worthy, too. GTX3582Rs have returned some epic results, and you can get twin scroll housings for them - and lets not overlook that the single scroll HTA 3076R proved to be happy to trade blows with the twin scroll externally gated EFR7670.
for the 35r variants, the choice is either the tiny 1.00 garrett housing or the atp 1.06 housing that looks like it was cast by a drunken thai ladyboy. and as i said, precision couldnt pay me to run their garbage. lost enough time and money on their ****.
Old Nov 6, 2011 | 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

True, the ATP Casting doesn't look the prettiest but I've never heard of anyone having any issues with the ATP TS housings - and the performance seems acceptable, compared to the very very nice looking BW EFR housings which although look nice - come attached to turbos that come with 30% higher price tags, 1000% larger wait times, and from the people who I've found who have posted results you're almost 50% likely to have a failure the first time its use one in anger to get a result which may or may not be any better than some of the cheaper turbos easily available.

Quick Reply: New BW EFR Turbo Thread