Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Where does everyone buy there silicone couplers and t clamps?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Where does everyone buy there silicone couplers and t clamps?

I need a new lower ic coupler along with some t clamps to replace the weak worm drive clamps someone put on mine....I want to order a bunch of things so any discount is a big help. What's a good place to get silicone couplers and t bolt clamps CHEAP? Anyone can buy 1 or 2 ply cheapies off ebay but looking for 3 or 4 ply for a REASONABLE price.

So far cheapest I've found is siliconeintakes.com
They say it's 4 ply and the t clamps look as good quality as the quality ones I got but looking at my options and any comments. I'm not a cheapskate but I'm not going to pay $30 for the same thing I can get half the price and when buying multiple it's alot of $$$.
Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2011, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Driftmotion.com I only use their couplers on my supra. They are 4 ply so they are quality.

And napa has tbolts. Cheaper and nicer than the ones from summit.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

www.siliconeintakes.com
Nice quality and construction and relatively inexpensive...they've got everything.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

+1 for silicone intakes, never had any issues with them and shipping is usually pretty quick.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
+2

I've ordered multiple items from siliconeintakes.com and I've never had an issue.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If ur gonna order a bunch of stuff, check out the couplers MAP has on their website. I try to order from them anytime I'm buying multiple item cus they do free shippng on any order over $99. I would hate to pay for shipping on something tiny like a coupler. Which coupler are u looking for? LICP to turbo or LICP to IC? Depending on who's pipe u have, it can be difficult to find LICP to turbo outlet couplers that fit correctly...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

extremepsi.com
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
If ur gonna order a bunch of stuff, check out the couplers MAP has on their website. I try to order from them anytime I'm buying multiple item cus they do free shippng on any order over $99. I would hate to pay for shipping on something tiny like a coupler. Which coupler are u looking for? LICP to turbo or LICP to IC? Depending on who's pipe u have, it can be difficult to find LICP to turbo outlet couplers that fit correctly...
The only one I technically need (that I know of so far, need one to make a leak tester also too) is the one right under the front bumper. It's from 2in to 2.5inch. I'm assuming its the ic to turbo. It's just a reducer coupler nothing fancy. The pipes are pretty in line with each other so alignment isnt a big issue, what do you mean but not fitting correctly?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETS has a nice selection. And quality is good, nice and thick!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

I have a ton of random silicone couplers laying around from always trying stuff out. I know I have a bunch of blue 4-ply silicone 2.5" couplers, along with a bunch of t-bolts that I have been debating on selling.

What exactly are you looking for, size wise? I might have something laying around that I have never used, and could possibly help you out.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by My03evo
The only one I technically need (that I know of so far, need one to make a leak tester also too) is the one right under the front bumper. It's from 2in to 2.5inch. I'm assuming its the ic to turbo. It's just a reducer coupler nothing fancy. The pipes are pretty in line with each other so alignment isnt a big issue, what do you mean but not fitting correctly?
Well its just that some LICPs are designed to use a straight reducing coupler, while, for example, my ETS LICP has to use a reducing coupler with a 45* bend in it to fit properly...otherwise you would have to bend/kink the straight coupler. All I meant is that each brand of LICP may use a different coupler and to make sure u know what u need...I've ordered plenty of couplers thinking I knew the proper size/style and then it wouldn't fit right...sounds like u know what u need tho
Old Jan 24, 2011, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Stmdsm.com top notch service!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Try www.hosetechniques.com.

Based on the website description, their couplers have a higher burst pressure, working pressure, and working temperature range than the couplers offered by Extremepsi and siliconeintakes.

Actually ETS shows the highest rating; higher than Hose Techniques.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:23 PM

ETS
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silicone Intakes, cheap and had a wide selection.

Quick Reply: Where does everyone buy there silicone couplers and t clamps?